What did people do before they had computers?

by ball. 36 Replies latest jw friends

• ball.
    ball.
    waste

waste, mate, thats the thing we all feel. But waste doesn't actually exist does it? Something wasted is just in your mind. You only exist in the here and now and how you feel is just how you want to. A bit deep I know. But thats how I get through. Time is only serial to us. Past is something which doesn't exist anymore in a serial perspective.

• Mulan
    Mulan

I probably got a lot more done.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Waste does exist because I'm 35 years old now and there is no chance for going to college and try to keep up with a technology that changes weekly and try to change careers.

Wasted time DOES exist, unless we can go back in time and start all over again.

• ball.
    ball.

So why can one Jehovahs Witness like me wake up one morning at age 33 and go to college, and get an education and work for IBM as a system security expert having wasted all of his years pioneering. Sheesh. In a country where compulsory education ends at 16.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

Because currently I have am vested with the City of New York as a civil servant and I'm not going to start all over and go to school at night and try to do my job. Why I feel my time was wasted because decisions were made for me at a young age and then further worst decisions on my part were added. I;m not going to give up what I have in my hands for a dream that I had 20 years ago.

Sheesh.......................

• ball.
    ball.

ok...

Well, do you want to spend the rest of your life thinking you've wasted it? When are are you going to stop thinking you've wasted it? In 70 years time, just in time to die, or what about, errr, now?

Your old life made you what you are today. And are you proud of what you are now? You should be.

• Cassiline
    Cassiline

((( Got my forty))

I understand what you are saying I really do. Perhaps you can look at the time you say was wasted as only discarded. A time you did learn from and can prevent others from 'wasting' their time as well. This is not at all 'wasted time' yet time you can reflect upon and assure that it is not only discarded yet used to teach others.

Cassi

• ball.
    ball.

Our time here is relative. To say it is wasted is an oxymoron, yes I thought it was wasted at first. But I now I have a different view of the whole universe.

• got my forty homey?
    got my forty homey?

In the prosective of others (not you all directly no offense intended) I may seem like a person who succeeded , in my eyes I do not feel I am sucessful at life because I was not given an oportunity to make MY decisions, but forced into a corner by brainwashed parents who felt they could live thier lives through me.

Thats where the pain and anger come from. Sure I found something thats secure, but right now I can't see myself starting all over at a new career at 36. Not only was my life wasted by poor decisions of my parents but I myself wasted 10 years of my life making a whole series of bad mistakes.

Not trying to make any hearts bleed here but its my perpespective and I do apreciate all kind positive words.

• RR
    RR

I started researching the Society before the advent of the Internet, 1985. I did my research the old fashion way, went to the public Library in Mangattan and Brooklyn, where they had most of the early books . Also went to old bookstore where I found a good majority of the boks for pennies.

RR

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit