Is Virginity All It's Crack'd Up To Be?

by Englishman 77 Replies latest jw friends

• SheilaM
    SheilaM
    I do think it's interesting that most of the posters who think that waiting to have sex until you are married is a good thing also are religious, specifically, Christians. Think that has anything to do with it?

I'm not religious anymore and still know I would wait.....not all things smack of religion sometimes it just is the best way to do things.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Sheila,

I do think it's interesting that most of the posters who think that waiting to have sex until you are married is a good thing also are religious, specifically, Christians. Think that has anything to do with it?

I didn't say all.

Even though you're not a Christian, you are a Republican though, yes?

B.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    Try having a romantic relationship without the sex. See what comes of it. You might be surprised.

But if you have sex in the begining of your romantic relationship and then refuse the other person to "prove it's not all about sex". See how long your partner is really willing to put up with that sack of crap.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Chev, we can continue to have sex

• logansrun
    logansrun

A certain fellow I know (ex-JW from another board) is gleefully married right now to a charming wife. He said they're relationship started as "mutual genital infatuation" and nothing more. But, after a number of rolls in the sack they found out they actually really liked each other. In fact, they were beginning to fall in love!

Who'da thunk it?

B.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I consider myself a very spiritual person as opposed to a religious person. I DO believe waiting untill your married is the best way to go. I did not wait, but I dont regret it. Waiting for me wasnt about a religious belief but simply because sex many times can complicate your life. My generation doesnt seem to believe in the sanctity of marriage anymore. Used to be, people dated to settle down and meet someone for a potential of marriage. Now it seems people date just to "get laid".

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    Chev, we can continue to have sex

sex? oh is THAT what you're calling it?

But, after a number of rolls in the sack they found out they actually really liked each other. In fact, they were beginning to fall in love!

I have a very good friend who found her husband this very way. So I suppose I am torn in two directions on this topic

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    But, after a number of rolls in the sack they found out they actually really liked each other. In fact, they were beginning to fall in love!

This is a rarity not the norm. If I nail you on the first date im hardly going to take you serious.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    But doesn't someone's attractiveness and the possibility of future sex also a possible distortion of they're true feelings? To play it even safer, why not date people who you have not seen face to face or in a picture? You can talk over the phone and just get to know them. That way, a person will not have the distortion of a pretty face and can focus on qualities alone!

Logan, I agree that sex is important. But it's not the end all be all. In the long run, good sex isn't going to compensate for a bad mental/emotional connection. But a great mental/emotional connection can overcome much. I also believe you can figure out if you have chemistry without having sex. Flirting and physical contact don't have to go to that point to mean there is chemistry.

Chevy,

True. So why give it up in the first place?

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker
    That way, a person will not have the distortion of a pretty face and can focus on qualities alone!

Looks are like a resume. If I like how your resume looks im going to interview you first. Doest mean you are going to get the job, just the first interview.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit