Is Virginity All It's Crack'd Up To Be?

by Englishman 77 Replies latest jw friends

• notperfectyet
    notperfectyet

I'm sorry, I just can't get over the crack up part of this title.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Hey! Sex ain't up to all the fanfare either....

• Englishman
    Englishman

NPY,

I'm sorry, I just can't get over the crack up part of this title.

I WAS starting to wonder if it had been wasted.

Englishman.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I have dated one woman in my life, so my experience and knowledge in this area is very limited. Nina and I were both very virginal and we were good little JWs so we waited.

I will say that one of my fondest memories, and something that draws me close to Nina, is the exploration and experimentation of the first few years of our marriage. We both knew nothing, but we were both willing and those years are now a warm, tender and intimate memory for me. If either of us were sexually experienced, it would not change the marriage or the love we feel towards each other but it would change the memory I have of our early years together since we were both working from the same level of experience and knowledge. I feel a certain intimacy with her because we have only been with each other.

Chris

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    People who wait until they are married to share a natural expression of love are more likely to have a social background where divorce is unacceptable - hence lower divorce rates. Staying together because you cannot separate is not the same as having a happy successful relationship

This is very true and a good way to put it.

I think as a woman in a live in relationship, I'd have to say that I am trying it before I am buying it. I am test driving my relationship in many ways. I don't see Andy as a car, I see the relationship as a car so to speak. Maybe there is something better to use as an analogy than a car.

We moved into together for economical reasons more than for test drive purposes. We didn't just say, "Oh let's move in together. Let's try it all out." For the most part it's been a rather pleasant two years.

Virginity is over rated. Men shouldn't be upset if their love has had former lover(s). This just gives her experience in relationships. It might mean she is a passionate, amorous person. Don't men like that in a woman? Remember that if she has past loves then it's likely possible she enjoys sex as much as men do and how can that be a bad thing? It might mean she is a lot of fun. Do you worry that she will compare you to past loves? If you are both really and truly in love she is not going to do that.

Flyin'

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    poppycock. We've come light years with our freedom. Females are absolutely NOT the losers.

I can say poppycock too, Dave! You've misunderstood my support of Blondie's comments. I was not about to repeat WT lines, as you so demeaningly claim, but that all too often debates like this are indeed male centred and treat women as the ones who have to on approval. That's all I was meaning. So Poppycock! There I've said it again.

• Xena
    Xena

I think your first sexual experience should be special....just like your first kiss...the first anything good in your life. But I don't think you should make a determination on a person's charecter or decide if you want to spend the rest of your life with them based on how many or few sexual experiences they have had.

And yes while we have come a long way baby (aka six), women still tend to be judged more negatively if they have multiple sexual encounters and/or partners then men are.

• logansrun
    logansrun

I think people would go a long way if they gave up the "First Time I Have Sex It Should Be Special" song-and-dance. More likely than not your first sexual experience -- married or otherwise -- will be awkward, short, not very pleasing and, for the woman, possibly painful. To me your first experience -- hell, your first five to ten copulations -- should be viewed as training for a future life of sexual gratification.

Good sex has to be learned. How oh how is it supposed to be special the first time?

Bradley.....who actually vomited after he had sex the first time. (don't ask!)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    women still tend to be judged more negatively if they have multiple sexual encounters and/or partners then men are.

Yes, and after this relationship I'm in now, I can't for the life of me figure out why men have a problem with that. Andy has a refreshing attitude and that is: "You had past lovers? I think that's sexy." Now if I can just figure out what it is that makes him so wonderful and bottle it I will share it with the world and the world will be a much better place. I think I'll fortify the middle east water supply with it.

Flyin'

• logansrun
    logansrun

I'm also very suspicious of studies that show that sex before marriage is bad for the marriage. To me, it's not so much the fact that you've had sex before you're married, but the fact that you have a certain view of sex and have had sex before marriage.

B.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit