HELP ME! I cant cope with this anymore.

by chok 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• chok
    chok

For those of you that remember the story a couple of weeks ago about my 4 year old daughter that declared us a Witness free zone to her grandparents (my extremely devout parents!!!) Well the little minx strikes again.

I have just got off the phone from my mother. I knew it was a bad idea to talk to her after an assembly..I have been bible bashed to death, and my head is just realing with it all...really dont know how much of this I can take. I am a bad daughter because in such a short space of time, my daughter is celebrating birthdays and EVEN made a fathers day card for fathers day today!!!

Anyway, the real clincher in the conversation was that apparently last week my daughter stayed with her grandparents and went to the meeting...well instead of singing the kingdom songs she was singing...Happy Birthday!!!

I know I probably sound quite jovial about all this, but I am having serious concerns about how much of this I can take. One day the folks are fine with me, and seem to be accepting things and then I get a message like this left on my computer:-

"We had a wonderful time at the assembly yesterday, missed you though. There were 6,624 there, so many people can't be wrong. I am sure Jehovah's spirit was there. You know what, I know that you know its the truth when you have sorted your life out I know you will return to the truth. Jehovah is waiting to forgive you and keep you safe."

Why wont they listen to me when I say I want to live my live my way. I dont want to be a witness, I dont want to ram it down my childrens throat. What is wrong with celebrating things and living a normal life. My head is spinning.

I just cant see a way out here...they are never going to leave me alone!

• Valis
    Valis

chok..sorry to hear you are having a bad time of it. Maybe like desib's dillema recently w/her mom you just need to assert yourself and tell her you are not interested in that. Cheers and chin up!

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• avishai
    avishai
    I just cant see a way out here...they are never going to leave me alone!

So leave THEM alone. Tell them if they want to see their granddaughter they can stop shoving their JW stuff down their throats.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Chok,

She said

"We had a wonderful time at the assembly yesterday, missed you though. There were 6,624 there, so many people can't be wrong. I am sure Jehovah's spirit was there. You know what, I know that you know its the truth when you have sorted your life out I know you will return to the truth. Jehovah is waiting to forgive you and keep you safe."

Hun, It could be a lot worse, You have your cute daughter on your side and free from the WT clutches, you have freed yourself. Your mom must erritate you, but she is the one to be pettied, to be believing that stuff. Be patient and glad she is not mean and judgmental as many others are.

Eventually you will be fully comfortable with where you are and these little things will mean nothing to you accept sadness for you family still inside.

Jst2laws

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

I'll put this as nicely I know how: They are not right in the head. Even though you love your mother, its good to recognize its sort of a mental disorder. 6600 people can't be wrong? Does she know how many people there are in the world? So if we got another 6600 people saying the opposite they can't be wrong either?

I don't have family in, but it almost disappoints me that JWs don't engage me more than they do. The thing is there's a lot I could say to shake things up, but I don't when I see they probably can't handle it. (but I will if they 'ask for it') Besides, I've got better things to do. I don't remember the details of your last message, but based on this message email is not too big a deal. Hell, most of us get more spam than that. And yes, I would feel the same exact way with my relatives. If my parents are being idiots, they are being idiots. Just because I may care for them it doesn't change that fact.

The most helpful thing I've got to say is probably this: Don't confuse this co-dependency with love. Even relatively normal people have a degree of this with family, so atleast start looking at that. I know I don't have the whole picture here because I haven't followed this closely, but my basic message to you would be the same regardless.

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    There were 6,624 there, so many people can't be wrong.

If it's the numbers that are important, I'm betting on the Muslims, there are over one billion of them in the world, so certainly they can't be wrong. Bug

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

chok,

I am so sorry. I am going through some of these sorts of things with some of my relationships with those still in the Org. Also seeing a psycologist who has advised me that the healthiest thing to do in these situations is to set up boundaries. As many of us have learned it is almost fruitless to debate with a hard core JW--they won't listen to reason. So the best thing to do is just to come up with some broken record one liners such as: "It is best if we don't talk about religion anymore" "Or I can no longer discuss religious issues with you as I have my own beliefs about things and you have yours." You can repeat your lines over and over again. Eventually they will leave it alone. That is sometimes the only thing you can do in your defense. It helps to alievate some of the busy thinking--always trying to come up with an answer to every given situation such as "what will I say if they say this or that" Just come up with one or two good lines that just blankets the whole situation and use them whenever you need to. It frees up a lot of space in the head and reduces the stress a lot.

Hope that helps,

Love, cybs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Teach your daughter to sing "My Way" by Frank Sinatra.

The song says "the end is near," but Frank wasn't talking about Armageddon - he was talking about the end of the Watchtower Society.

And now, the end is near;
    And so I face the final curtain.
    My friend, I'll say it clear,
    I'll state my case, of which I'm certain.

I've lived a life that's full.
    I've traveled each and ev'ry highway;
    But more, much more than this,
    I did it my way.

Regrets, I've had a few;
    But then again, too few to mention.
    I did what I had to do
    And saw it through without exemption.

I planned each charted course;
    Each careful step along the byway,
    But more, much more than this,
    I did it my way.

Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
    When I bit off more than I could chew.
    But through it all, when there was doubt,
    I ate it up and spit it out.
    I faced it all and I stood tall;
    And did it my way.

I've loved, I've laughed and cried.
    I've had my fill; my share of losing.
    And now, as tears subside,
    I find it all so amusing.

To think I did all that;
    And may I say - not in a shy way,
    "No, oh no not me,
    I did it my way".

For what is a man, what has he got?
    If not himself, then he has naught.
    To say the things he truly feels;
    And not the words of one who kneels.
    The record shows I took the blows -
    And did it my way.

alternatively, you coud teach her to sing "These Boots Are Made for Walking"

• sf
    sf

Jehovah is waiting to forgive you and keep you safe.

Major guilt trip and f.e.a.r. tactic.

If they would only get honest and word it in honesty:

"Jehovah's ORGANIZATION...the GOVERNING BODY OF IMPERFECT EARTHLY MEN" will forgive you and keep you safe, for a price...if you follow our policies fully."

Please don't give them the satisfaction.

sKally

• RandomTask
    RandomTask

Nazism, Millions of Germans couldn't be wrong

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit