HELP ME! I cant cope with this anymore.

by chok 49 Replies latest jw experiences

• chok
    chok

Elsewhere, my reply to her statement of Jehovah will forgive me was...that I still have a relationship with him. I believe in him, just that his spirit is not directing the organisation that she believes in. Also I questioned what gave her the right to judge me and say that I was in need of forgiveness. When did she become the judge!

This did not go down well at all!

Chok

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug
    They are that I do what they consider the right thing.

Exactly !!! This is the way we train our children, witnesses and non witnesses. The problem here is you are no longer a child and as an adult you are beyond her control, which is apparently driving your mom crazy. Bug

• bebu
    bebu

Hang in there, chok!!

While realizing that they are severely mislead and brainwashed, you have to develop a thicker skin to all the emotional ploys. It's tricky not to become bitter in all this process of developing that skin, but it's possible to be very strong and still cordial. This will quite likely irritate them further, but you will have to be adamant about your boundaries, and what you will allow them to do with your daughter, and what kind of communication they have with you.

Keep on refusing their offers of "help" via books and elders and meetings. You're doing a great job.

Oh, btw, I think it is just grand that your little minx of a daughter sang out "Happy Birthday"!! God has a sly sense of humor.

bebu

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    well instead of singing the kingdom songs she was singing...Happy Birthday!!!

LMFAO!!! I would have loved to be there! Give your daughter a chocolate bar for me ;)

I hope your parents weren't too hard on her for doing that. I must say, I'm glad your daughter is standing up for HER OWN beliefs, rather than Jehovah's.

Sorry to hear you have to go through this. However, it's not just the JWs who shun their children when they stray from "Jehovah's ways". My father shuns me because I didn't stay single, stay at home, and live with him until he dies. It makes less sense than the reasons for the JWs shunning.

Your parents have done their job in raising you, now it's your turn to make choices that are better for your own life. You're not under age and living in your parents house anymore, therefore, you don't have to love Jehovah just because they do. Or maybe you love Jehovah, but don't love his organization. Which ever way it is, you're free to make your own decisions. People only have an effect on you if you allow them to.

It's tough going through any relationship changes, whether it be with your mate, your friends, or your parents. In time, you'll come to accept the changes for what they are, and find the best way to deal with them.

Good luck, and may your daughter find even more enjoyment in the worldly holidays!

• wednesday
    wednesday

That is some four yr. old u have got there!! Now that child has a mind of their own. good for her. Kids can sometimes just cut right through to the core of the matter. They won't be brainwashing her.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

hmmm, never having been a JW, I am still astounded by some of their "reasoning". So there were 6,624 at an assembly, big deal. At a Billy Graham Crusade there's typically 50-100,000 . They can't all be wrong either, or so the reasoning would go. And as far as them "judging" you... that isn't scriptural... this is:

Romans 10:13
    For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

• Celia
    Celia
    70'000 participants sont réunis sur la prairie de l'Allmend pour assister à l'Eucharistie en présence du Pape Jean Paul II

...from a report discussing the last "Young Catholics meeting" in Switzerland....

70,000 people can't be wrong....

• bebu
    bebu

Well, 99.99% of the world's population ISN'T Jehovah's Witnesses...

And for once, statistically, all these people aren't wrong!

bebu

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

Hi Chok

Also I questioned what gave her the right to judge me and say that I was in need of forgiveness. When did she become the judge

Witnesses don't judge remember..... unless they're getting in practice to be one of the 144000!!

Sounds to me like you've come a long way farther than I have in such a short time - I've not had any of these "I'm not a witness because" talks - you are already a whole lot stronger than you realise!!

Hope you got the East Midlands meet on Friday - sorry I couldn't be there... but I can't be too sad cos i was with my little girl!!

Take care,

Bull!

• Celtic
    Celtic

I still receive similar too, but just it flow off me like water off a ducks back, afterall, I am certain of my own mind these days and the decisions for me personally that go with that, in time, this may be the case for you too. Wishing you all the best in your personal scenario.

Edited for spelling

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit