WOW am I glad I found this place

by jaredg 55 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

Welcome! You'll find a lot of spankings, some licks and a lot of aposofests here. Its a great place to hang out while you're busy at work...

BTW, I see it takes a new male poster to get my old flings out of the woodwork!

Heya Sexy Dutch Princess (Viv), hows it going?

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    How did you guys come with leaving your family and did you have any feelings of loneliness?

I made my break as soon as I could after high school, and had been preparing for it for more than a year. Preparing for it involved maintaining my grades at the highest possible level, scoring well on college entrance exams, and being acepted at a university far enough away from hom to guarantee minimal interference.

Now, once I moved out, I did attend some meetings in my new town, probably more to see if it was any better going on my own rather than going because I "had to go". That lasted a few months, until I decided that I didn't even like going when I was attending meetings of my own free will. I got one visit from a couple of the elders after I had missed several meetings. They found me at my apartment, sick with the flu that day. They didn't stay long, and I never heard from them again.

But I didn't really experience any loneliness. I was making all kinds of friends in college & had joined a fraternity. And I was making more friends at work. Plus I was sharing an apartment with my best friend from childhood (a non-JW) ... so it's not like I was cut off from civilization. And I did have additional companionship through dating ... it's a helluva lot of fun when you're not restricted to dating as a prelude to getting hitched.

Bottom line: I coped by taking charge of my life & living it the way I saw fit.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

Jared

ol' Bobby Zimmermann said to TRUST YOURSELF way back in 1986, still holds true today. Don't be a slave to what someone else believes!

The Pope

Trust yourself ===============

Trust yourself,
    Trust yourself to do the things that only you know best.
    Trust yourself,
    Trust yourself to do what's right and not be second-guessed.
    Don't trust me to show you beauty
    When beauty may only turn to rust.
    If you need somebody you can trust, trust yourself.

Trust yourself,
    Trust yourself to know the way that will prove true in the end.
    Trust yourself,
    Trust yourself to find the path where there is no if and when.
    Don't trust me to show you the truth
    When the truth may only be ashes and dust.
    If you want somebody you can trust, trust yourself.

Well, you're on your own, you always were,
    In a land of wolves and thieves.
    Don't put your hope in ungodly man
    Or be a slave to what somebody else believes.

Trust yourself
    And you won't be disappointed when vain people let you down.
    Trust yourself
    And look not for answers where no answers can be found.
    Don't trust me to show you love
    When my love may be only lust.
    If you want somebody you can trust, trust yourself.
    Copyright © 1985 Special Rider Music
  • CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Welcome to the Board Jared. You just echoed everything I (and I'm sure everyother person on the board) felt when we first arrived. There are sooo many great people here who will help you along your journey. I hope you learn as much as I have over the past few months.

CountryGuy

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Howdy Jared.

How did you guys come with leaving your family and did you have any feelings of loneliness?

I lost my parents, my sisters, and most of my friends when I left. So I replaced them. I found people who cared for me unconditionally. Not because we happened to be of the same religion, but because they liked me (imagine that!). Don't get me wrong, it took time, and it's still an ongoing process, but you can create a 'new' family and better friends than you had before. Just like a a snowball at the top of a mountain, it starts slow but gets faster as it gains momentum.

Chris

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Glad you found us, too. Hang around. You won't regret it. WELCOME!

• Agent 1 of 1
    Agent 1 of 1

Welcome Jared. I've been fully out for the past few months but all my relatives are all JWs. The only support I have is my brother and everyone here on this forum. My suggestion to you is to give yourself time. The time to heal (you'll understand what I mean) and time to find yourself. Its only been 2 months for me but I keep changing everyday. So, just remember that there is a whole new world out there and go live it, be who you are. And enjoy it.

• bem
    bem

Welcome Jared! Yes life does go on! It will get better. You are probably at the right place you'll meet lots of people here that are willing to help you, they will listen. Joke with you. cry with you. even have group hugs! <--chat folks). Main thing is getting unconditional friendship and lots of support from folks that have gone through what you need help with. Since my time here I have made two amazing friends that have helped me tirelessly! And met them nearly from the start.

You are almost exactly the same age as my oldest son. He was Dfd when he moved out and met his gf./ wife.I could not shun him would not turn my back on him. We went through a lot of pain together.I never stopped helping him, but his dad has been hard on all of us he still believes in Jws. constanly tells us we should go back.no way,no how aint gonna happen!! I have a daughter that is twenty-three with a four year old baby. My daughter was actually thinking about going back, then I found this site. shared info from here. and from other sites. She joined the forum and began her own research.The covered up molestation & sex abuse in the Org. really tore us up.Thankfully tho' the info helped her & her husband see that they did not want to be apart of any group that would even attempt to cover up that or any other violations against young people. Or any people for that matter!

sorry for being so wordy... welcome and wish you well on your journey...bem

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    I was dissfellowshipped after being inactive for over a year.

am I reading this right ????????

they df you for being inactive ??????

• jaredg
    jaredg

sorry for the confusion...i wasn't DF'd because I was inactive...i was DF'd because i had a girlfriend that i was intimate with. i met her while i was inactive though.

also thanks for the replies about being lonely....but truthfuly i think i felt lonely just becuase i'm losing my family and my girlfriend recently broke up with me. i have lots of college friends so i'm not lacking in the friends department...just the love department.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit