• Valis
    Valis

Don't expect dad and mom for Thanksgiving dinner...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• PurpleV
    PurpleV

Jared

JWs are programmed to immediately "turn off" if they hear anything negative. There are ways to reach them, and ways NOT to reach them.

Before you go too far with your parents, I highly recommend you get and read two books, you can find them at www.freeminds.org

"Reasoning with Jehovah's Witnesses"

and

"How to Rescue your Loved One from the Watchtower"

They are filled with excellent advice on what to say and what to avoid. I know, the temptation is overwhelming to get them out NOW but it's a process and there's a right way and a not-so-good way to attempt it.

Good luck

• jaredg
    jaredg

thanks purplev

• waiting
    waiting

Welcome to freedom, Jared!

It's a mixed blessing.......but being free to think/read/live the way you want (within legal limits, of course) is a great feeling.

Most of us have lost family/friends/jobs/homes because of leaving the jw cult. Learning about them from the outside & making new friends makes it easier. Sounds like you're doing fine. Congratulations!

If your parents are typical jw's - they'll vacilate from hardline to just being ol' parents. Remember you love them - and enjoy your life. You've earned it.

Welcome to our forum - a fine place.

waiting

• jaredg
    jaredg

whooohoooo...your john kerry ad reminded me that i need to register to vote

• run dont walk
    run dont walk
    thanks guys. i just wish i could talk some sense into my family. but they are so involved and have so much "faith" that they even discount blatant facts. and they think i am mislead. i just dont understand how that can belive that this is the love that jesus preached about...well then agian i do understand but it makes me mad upset at how blind they are.

EXACTLY HOW I FELT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now 15 years later, they still haven't learned, you may be on our own for a long time, but we will always be here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit