It?s official!!! The Olson Twins are Legal!!!

by Elsewhere 152 Replies latest social entertainment

• Sirius Dogma
    Sirius Dogma

tink,

lol. sorry about the 'um' part.

I see your point, In general I agree with you that women or men being made into objects is a bad thing. I don't think many people would disagree with you, but isn't being a celebrity self-objectification? You turn yourself, your personality, your look into a publicly consumable commodity. They have made a living by doing this, they have an estimated worth of over $40 million each. If they don't love the attention, they must love the money and the money the attention brings them. In that case I really doubt they care if the 13 year girl buys their video because they see them as rolemodels or the 50 year guy buys their video because he thinks they are objects. They will take the money in either case.

btw, our birthdays are really close, Happy Birthday! (a few days belated)

• funkyderek
    funkyderek
    um. sirius. two young women should not have to forgo maintaining a lucrative career in order to avoid being objectified.

Perhaps not, but they don't have a right to a lucrative career in an industry that pays them to be objects, while simultaneously being protected from all that implies.

• truthseeker1
    truthseeker1

If I recall correctly, the Olsons didn't make their money being sexual objects. They produced children strait to video movies. Kids loved them and bought them up.

Now they are grown up and some people thought they grew up rather nicely.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

As actresses isnt it their job for people to like Viewing them? If they dont like it maybe they should go to school and become dentists or something.....

• tink
    tink
    Comparing them to rape victims is far more sickening than anything else that's been posted on this thread.

not really.

Perhaps not, but they don't have a right to a lucrative career in an industry that pays them to be objects, while simultaneously being protected from all that implies.

first of all, they've built their careers acting in children's movies. i hardly think they were being paid to be objects of lust. and why is it that two twin boys could build a similar career without becoming the subjects of some horrid sexual countdown? is that fair? my whole point was that young women are increasingly being viewed as purely sexual objects. over the past few years it's grown worse and worse and it's been bothering me. i can remember when that britney spears video was such a scandal because britney was wearing a catholic school girl outfit that showed her belly, and now she's practically got to go on stage NAKED and make out with another woman in order to create and publicity. everyone's getting sexier younger and it creates this whole vicious sickening competition.

As actresses isnt it their job for people to like Viewing them?
    wellll,
    If I recall correctly, the Olsons didn't make their money being sexual objects. They produced children strait to video movies
    .w/o having read the proceeding pages, and holding a personal belief that a balance can be struck between progressive civilization and raw animal carnality (is that a word?); isn't "being objectified" what the Olson twins have built their entire lucrative careers around?

i'd say read the preceding pages maybe....seriously, my opinion is really not that radical. i'm just far less eloquent than some who have expressed similar sentiments, whose thoughts are worth a read-through imo.

happy birthday back atcha sirius.

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Tink,

The might have produced Kids stuff, but now they are doing Teen films and sure as shit pretty soon they will be doing adult oriented films. And they are plenty of Male actors who are considered sex objects (brad pitt anyone?). If they dont like the attention they are getting then they have every right to Quit!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie
    (brad pitt anyone?).

Raises hand!

• wednesday
    wednesday

the male sex drive with lust included, is not bad and i for one would enjoy having someone leer at me. I miss are the oggling and staring. I loved having that attention. Also, women leer too. Men are more visual than women and respond to pics and to all the attractive "frosting" women are God given. Women frequently find a really intelligent guy sexy, (she knows he'll be a good provider). men look at the body. It is just the way it is. It makes sure the species of man will continue.

This reminded me of a song form the 60's "your're 16 , your're beautiful and your'e mine" When did teenage lust become a crime? Men will always seek out the most attractive women they can AFFORD. women will try and use their assests to attract the richest man they can. u know, natural selection.

Train your daughters to be strong healthy and independent women with good self esteem. they will be able to handle the leering guys. . .

• seawolf
    seawolf

Lindsay Lohan will turn 18 in...less than 15 days !

http://www.blurgster.com/lohan.html

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

Wow! Now thats a woman!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit