Tastes ?

by frenchbabyface 82 Replies latest jw experiences

• Tatiana
    Tatiana
    Saltine Crackers with Mayo

(sounds nasty right?)

new castles...my grandmother used to eat this all the time! She sprinkled black pepper on them too. YUM!!! She also used to make me fresh tomato and onion sandwiches. Put on plenty of mayo and pepper....God, I want one right now!!

• talesin
    talesin

Licorice Ice Cream - mmmmmmmm, I agree! You brought back a good memory with that one, GF. Thanks.

Here's one. Buttered toast, sprinkled with sugar, then spoon a bit of tea over it. My grammy used to give us this. Yummy. Comfort food.

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Speaking of ice cream...I LOVE coffee ice cream. When I buy it, I know I'm the only one who'll eat it, so it lasts a while.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Oh Tatiana : I'm back from the kitchen but no soya milk and no honney !!! Geeezzzzzzzzzzz

Ok here is the recipe :

Flour ... and any sauce from a good meat (that you can buy : little cubes or that you can get from a previous meal)
    mixed together till you got a kind of bread past (consistency). That is IT ... you just make little bullets (1 cm) ... you can had any little piece of meat in there (beef Steak / Porc / Chicken / whatever)

So you can cook them whith beens, or anything else you feel like it could be good / but you can cook them in water and eat them with a bit of oil.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Bull your pic is scary ! ... BUT WELL ... it is the NATURE ...

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

frenchbabyface,

Flour ... and any sauce from a good meat (that you can buy : little cubes or that you can get from a previous meal)
    mixed together till you got a kind of bread past (consistency). That is IT ... you just make little bullets (1 cm) ... you can had any little piece of meat in there (beef Steak / Porc / Chicken / whatever)

So you can cook them whith beens, or anything else you feel like it could be good / but you can cook them in water and eat them with a bit of oil.

All right, let me see if I understand this correctly: you stir meat drippings (jus de viande) or bouillon into flour until you have a dough (pâte), then break it up into little bits (balles?) and cook it in water or along with beans? and do you mean haricots verts or dried beans?

GentlyFeral

• Mulan
    Mulan
    Portabello caps, drizzled with a little olive oil, stuffed with cream cheese & garlic, then topped with seasoned bread crumbs ... broiled or baked ... YUM! almost as much fun to cook as they are to eat.

That sounds amazing.

By the way Sweetbreads are pancreas. (the organ that handles sugar............get it?..........sweetbreads)

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Mulan, I was always told a "sweetbread" was the thymus. Turns out we're both right. From www.yourdictionary.com:

sweet·bread, n.
    The thymus gland or pancreas of a young animal, especially a calf or lamb, used for food.

thy·mus, n. pl. thy·mus·es
    A small glandular organ that is situated behind the top of the breastbone, consisting mainly of lymphatic tissue and serving as the site of T cell differentiation. The thymus increases gradually in size and activity until puberty, becoming vestigal thereafter.

It's highly ironical that I would so much enjoy eating cow pancreases as a kid, because I'm diabetic now.

GentlyFeral

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

I could go for a basket of stuffed jalapeno peppers right now.

• Ranch
    Ranch

Cornbread crumbled in buttermilk

Brussel sprouts,cabbage,spinach

fried gizzards and livers

tomato juice in beer

saltines with mayo and american cheese slices

oysters on the half shell

fried rabbit

fried squrriel

cream of chicken soup with habanaros and tortillia chips YUM & ouch!

egg drop soup mixed with wonton soup

Dry Martini

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit