Tastes ?

by frenchbabyface 82 Replies latest jw experiences

• avishai
    avishai

Dammit, BG, why do you have to be married? Girl o' my dreams, dammit!!!!

Oh well, I'm engaged myself to a lovely woman, and have a beautiful daughter.

Plus, I've seen pics o mozz, he's scary good looking, and super, from what i hear.

But, man, wow. Dammit!!!!

• Kaethra
    Kaethra

I like lots of things but something I like that most people don't is kiwi peelings. :) Fibre-licious!

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Now kiwi pealing is ... Well I don't know ... it might scratch your all mounth ... NO ? Cause I can feel it when I didn't peel the kiwi as well as I should ...

Ok mine : ... Sheese sandwich with ... TA DAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ! ... milk and a liltle chocolate in there !

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Talesin, send me that Novi, squid recipe. When I can... I get this 'Seafood Mix', with small squid, octopus, oyster, clams, scallops, etc. I usually give it a quick saute in garlic, drawn butter & olive oil, sherry and parsley.

Dan-o, Portobellos are one of my very favorites! I will try your recipe soon.

I love oysters, especially fried in a good breading.

Escargot and all the other 'weird' foods I usually like, too. Even Little Toe's, Haggis, I knew I was gonna HATE it, I mean...Google it and see how it's made... It is Delicious !

A family recipe from my German ancestors: German eggs: Simmer a link of good German or Polish link sausage in water for about 20 minutes. (Oven-proof pan) Slice into 2" lengths and stand upright and evenly spaced in the sausage-water. Break several eggs in and around the sausage. Bake in oven until the eggs are almost set...they will be poached and take up a great flavor from the meat.

FrenchBabyFace, thank you for a neat idea for a thread...I hope you'll share with us some 'everyday' French favorites...like families really eat everyday.

• gitasatsangha
    gitasatsangha

soggy peanut-butter-n-jelly dunked in chocolate milk.

But not as much as I used to. Rarely, really. I must be growin up.

• Xena
    Xena

brussel sprouts

sushi, oysters, cevichi, steak tartar...I like raw stuff

tomato juice in my beer

anchovies on my pizza or anywhere

innards...chicken or turkey hearts, liver & gizzards

muedo

haggis

Basically I will try just about anything once...and I like most of what I try

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Well Thanks everyone ... for your answers.

Thanks for the recipes
    Rabbit you asked so nicely I'm just sorry that I don't have one right now

But I have one, I just miss words to explain it
    but i'll try later ... it is a recipe that you can mixe with something you like and most over beens ! and even alone with a a line of perfumed oil or any sauce that match with. Very cheap, recipe, my mother favorite ! I'll tell you !

• bull01lay
    bull01lay

I eat pretty much anything - hot and spicy - all the better!!!!

Tried Sushi for the first time when I came to Dallas..... still not sure. Will have to eat some more to make a decision!!!

Probably the grossest thing I've eaten (that I thought was ok) is pickled Tripe! Oh, and I did have a coke with a decomposing cockroach in when I visited Seaworld.... Eeeeeugh!!! Didn't notice it until it's body got stuck on the bottom of the straw!!!!

Stef:

dont like them but, has anyone ever had cow tits. My mom says they call them sweatbreads..

Sweetbreads are bulls testicles - I've never tried em cos it sounds like cannabalism to me!!

Bull! <== limps away, just checking 'sweetbreads' are still in tact!!!

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Stefanie,

has anyone ever had cow tits. My mom says they call them sweatbreads..

sweetbreads are not cow tits. (They only taste like it. )

Um, actually they're from a gland in a cow's neck that actually disappears as it grows up. And, yes, I love them - have since I was a kid. But it's about the only organ meat I can stand at all.

I've always thought that my tastes in food were eclectic but normal. I thought it was only mildly weird that I preferred any variety of ethnic food to "normal" American food - but I find several of my favorites on this "scary foods" list.

Hm - what's the best food I've ever had that grossed people out? Oh, I know!

Licorice ice cream. It was actually dyed black (well, actually just charcoal gray). Smooth, delicious, and vibrantly licorice. Baskin-Robbins made it for what seemed like only a few blessed weeks when I was in middle school. Never seen it anywhere since.

Oh, and how could I forget GARLIC ice cream! I had it at the Stinking Rose in San Francisco. It's actually a smooth, demure vanilla with a warm aftertaste; the garlic is otherwise undetectable.

GentlyFeral

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Frog legs, eggplant, wheat germ in soy milk with honey, okra---fried or squishy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit