What do you smell like?

by Stefanie 85 Replies latest jw friends

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

I love perfume! My favorite is "Caroline Herrera". but I mainly wear that in the winter. Right now I have on "cool water".

I also like "Romance" By Ralph Lauren and "Eternity" by Calvin Klein.

• Princess
    Princess
    Well..................hmpfffff

Can't help it. Started eight years ago. I was so sensitive to smells when pregnant I would walk into the office and I could tell you who was there without seeing anyone. After that, and a few whiffs of bacon, I just gave up on fragrance.

Personal Rant: People should NOT wear fragrance to the gym. I'm trying to suck in a lot of oxygen and I don't want it scented. OK, I'm done. Carry on naming your perfumes...

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I don't wear any scents, and I can't think of any that women wear that I particularly like. To me, colognes and parfumes are all just sickening, or at least very bothering if I can smell it on myself.

I like the scent of a woman (especially certain women!), and I that can be enhanced with an apple fragranced shampoo or somesuch, but if she's wearing enough of anything for me to be sure she's wearing a scent, it's probably too much for my taste. Less is definitely more.

Fortunately, I guess I have good funk myself, lol. On several occasions, a woman has givin' me a hug and a "mmm, you smell good, what are you wearing?", when my scent could only be coming from sweat (and god knows I have more than enough of that!).

• Mac
    Mac

teen spirit!

• DFWnonJW
    DFWnonJW

It exudes a certain air...

• Corvin
    Corvin

My wife smells so damned good about 2 hours after a shower . . . without perfume. I love the way she smells . . . even when she is just fresh from work. She loves the way I smell without cologn as well. We do use scents, however. She uses some frasia smelling stuff and I use Axe body spray. Very subtle. My son uses Axe too. I hate the scents my girls choose for some reason. They give me such a bad headache I have to ask them to apply the smellies after they leave the house so I don't get a wiff of it.

Corvin

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Personally I don't think you can beat the smell of freshly washed hair

Corvin:
    I believe that "Axe" is called "Lynx" over here.

• exjdub
    exjdub

Obsession for Men...occasionally.

Corvin,

You didn't have to cut off your face on the picture, we have already seen your face on the old avatar! LOL.

exjdub

• Celtic
    Celtic

I don't use any poncy aftershaves or suchlike, generally I smell of woodsmoke and the earth or wet leaves, things like that from gardening and landscaping all the time.

Edited to add you lot honk like a ruddy tarts handbag!!

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is Flyin' High's fragrance history:

As a little girl mom bought her Honeysuckle by Avon and sometimes Hawaiin Ginger also by Avon.

As a teen she still wore the above but her mother graduated her into Charisma by Avon.

Then her mom came home with Intimate by Revlon. Flyin' especially liked it when Mom would also buy the body lotion and powder that matched.

Then Flyin's sister bought her a bottle of Coty Musk Oil. Very light and subtle, maybe even a little sexy. She has a vial of it on her dresser as we speak.

Now Avon rarely sells Honeysuckle or Charisma anylonger. They never sell Hawaiin Ginger anymore. And Revlon quit making Intimate years ago. What to do? What to do?

Flyin' had to search and search and search for a fragrance that didn't mix badly with her own natural fragrance and that didn't give people asthma attacks.

The result of the search? Elizabeth Taylor to the rescue.

White Diamonds. She gets wonderful compliments on it from almost everyone: "Gee you sure smell wonderful, Flyin'." The compliments that mean the most to her? From her guy Andy and her son, Jesse.

Flyin'

PS: They oughta make a law against discontinuing good perfume fragrances.

teen spirit!
    Mac, I bet you don't shave your underarms either.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit