Idiotic things only a jw would say

by micheal 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Steve Lowry
    Steve Lowry

My mom, "Steve, there's just a little time left". (Pre-1975)

"Even the apostles we wrong sometimes."

Stupid defense used by JW's when trying to protect the Watchtower Society's image concerning "little" things like false predictions and past policies such as the ban on organ transplants.

"Iggy dolls are demonized!"

Silly little troll like dolls that became a fad back in the sixties.

"If you have a cross in your house, that's like an open invitation to demons!"

We had a JW lady who lived next door that upon realizing that the face of the gas controls on her stove had two crossing lines that looked a little like a cross, she scratched them out. I'm not making this shit up, man! Whata dumbass.

"Steve, you just need to sit down with a brother and start to study again." I once made the natural mistake of sharing some stressful events in my life with my JW mom. I was no longer a JW at the time and I guess this was her opportunity to plug the Watchtower Society. I never confided in her again after that. This is one area of my life that I feel like was stolen from me. I haven't had the benefit of a mother's advice due to the nonsensical headset created for her by the WBTS.

"There won't be any need for doctors in the new system, so there's no need to go to school to become one." What was told to my JW friend's older brother (Pre-1975) who wanted to become a doctor. His parents could afford the tuition but the elders told them that this wouldn't please Jehovah and the boy needed to put that time in service instead going and wasting his time at school. I overheard this whole conversation at the Hall one day, and the boy just sat there and cried. Today he would have been in practice for a quarter of a century. So much for dreams. Stupid bastards (elders).

"I went to the store today and all these people around me were dead." A comment made by mom to me, after coming home from the grocery store one day. Meaning, that they were all to be dead shortly, due to 1975.

There's more but this all I can think of now.

• Mary
    Mary

"...there's no difference whatsoever between Adolf Hitler and Mother Theresa because they're both Catholic." - from a local elder in my Hall

"..We'll never be old. We'll either be dead at Armageddon or young in the New System.." - an elder's wife out in Service in the early 1980s

"...You can go to work full time, but you can't go to university because it takes up too much time." - a friend's Witness parents to her in the early 1980s.

"...There's nothing else to do once you've finished high school..." - another Witness friend's response when I tried talking her out of marrying an asshole when she had just turned 17.

• badboy
    badboy

Mary,I like the one who said there is nothing else to do.

COME AGAIN!

• TRUTH SEEKER
    TRUTH SEEKER

An Elders wife said to me just yesterday: You never know if an apostate will work to get inside Bethel, trick everyone, and manage to get wrong information printed in the magazines inorder to mislead everyone away from Jehovah. (this is how she justifies information that flip-flops in the mags)

EW:This is Jehovahs organization-(me) but why is the information different every couple of years? Her answer" Because Jehovah uses imperfect men to lead the people. puke pukepukepukepuke!

• Mary
    Mary

Truthseeker: How does she know that apostates haven't invaded Bethel, printed all kinds of "apostate" stuff to try and draw everyone away from Jehovah?

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Good question Mary,

Is this what the elder has been told and passed this info onto his wife? The JW psyche just gets weirder and weirder.

• detective
    detective

"I love you, but I love Jehovah more."

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

When asked about sex and marriage in the New System?:

"I don't give this system another two years!" M. Pederson, 1976

"The earth will be filled so we won't need sex anymore." J. Kralik, 1976

Regarding biting fingernails:

"It's demonic to be enslaved to any habit." J. Kralik, 1977

When asked if oral sex was ok for JWs:

"I'm not sure. I'll do some research and get back to you."
    Next day: "About your question regarding blowjobs, I have an answer for you. A little face in the right place is no disgrace." T. Jull, 1983 (I don't dispute this one. He's the only JW I knew in 20 years that made any sense at all)

Regarding facial hair:

"It doesn't matter that several elders in the next congregation have moustaches. No elder in THIS congregation has one!" F. Fernandez, 1986

Regarding congregational appointments:

"I don't have ANY USE for a brother that has been baptized for six years and isn't AT LEAST A Ministerial Servant!" F. Fernandez, 1986

"It's not good for a congregation to have too many Ministerial Servants." B. Mulligan, circa 1999

Regarding the Fifth Estate program on child abuse in the org:

"They're all apostates! The words come from their mouths like shit from the ass of a cow on it's way to the slaughter!" D. Sheopersaud, 2003

I'm sure I could think of more if I really tried,

Walter

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Well , thank goodness thats the last time that I will ever have to visit the Dentist"

Said by me . After a painfull filling in the Autmn of 1975

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

how about this one:

"Its a good thing so and so died before Armageddon. At least now they have a second chance."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit