My Brother Begged Me To Come Back To Jehovah & His Organization!!!

by minimus 69 Replies latest jw friends

• jgnat
    jgnat

The Meeting Hall of Latter-Day Minimalist Blondies has a kind of ring to it.

• blondie
    blondie

hahahahaha!

The JWs here used to meet in the Oddfellows Hall....what a hoot!

http://www.oddfellows.co.uk/who_we_are.htm

• gdt
    gdt

minibus, somewhere along the line, we (and I am referring to all who claim to be truly Christ-like) must surely learn to stop judging, lest we be judged. I am truly upset and sorry that you are enduring these sort of things, no doubt your family love you very much, and their disappointment at your decisions has over-ridden plain old common-sense as well as true Christianity, but maybe your spreading your brother's letter will be understood to be disloyalty to him and make things much harder for your future communication. From what you say, he is not all that bad even though you disagree with him, but you know it is notgoing to 'pour oil on rough waters' by breaking any confidentiality you have had....anyway please take special care in your thought to post his sincere letter on this board, you have had a lot of opinions offered you and you can't possibly please everyone....just yourself. I offer these thoughts having had many years in the truth, many very hurtful 'human' actions but i have learned it is no benefit to throw stones whilst living in a glass house.

regards, geoff.

And a sincere PS, may I share your brother's plea, not to re-join the organization as such, but to serve Jehovah God and Christ Jesus in harmony with, and fellowship with, those who are really trying to honour God as his Word advises us.

'that they may be one....' and perhaps 'unitedly in the one frame of mind.'...bit hard eh?.

• gdt
    gdt

another PS...this time another 'sorry', i called you minibus...my barrister just sent me a great email and minibus was the prominent word being discussed, as we are due in queenslands supreme court shortly, and want a Mack truck, not a minibus!! to do the job! sorry mini...now what was it?? cheers.

• talesin
    talesin

Blondie,

That is really interesting. Although I don't find it such a leap. Were not Russell and Rutherford connected to the Masons? The Oddfellows are just a lower order of that particular secret organization.

Go figure, huh?

• blondie
    blondie

James Penton has researched Russell and Rutherford and he discounts the Mason connection. But I was amazed that JWs would meet in such a building. But then I have gone to JW receptions in VFW Halls.

Blondie

• talesin
    talesin

Yes, Penton's was the first book I read about the JWs, years ago. Now that I've seen the symbols on the pyramid, though, I have to wonder ...

I have an Oddfellow's Membership card with my name on it! It's very old. The person for whom I was named was a 'Rebecca', which is what the female members of the lodge call themselves. :D

• minimus
    minimus

gdt, Minibus here....Actually, I thought that was pretty funny. Thanks for your concern as it appears genuine.I'm nor ragging on my brother. I am, though, telling things as they are.

• gdt
    gdt

hi minimus, thanks for your note, I was concerned, and hope all the hurt doesn't get worse. I've just come from a circuit assemblt, 13 baptised, about 900, one of the very nicest warmest assemblies, and none of the blood and thunder of that's the right wording, just verfy nice. anyway, each has to carry hisown responsibility, i would like to chat further sometime, regards, gdt geoff.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

Ick, I'm sorry to hear they have resorted to begging now. I hear from my jw uncle once in awhile, and I get that from him. It's pitiful.

I feel sorry for him.

I know when I think about how depressed I was as a dub ... and how happy I feel now ... well, do the math!

((((Hugs))))

ESTEE

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit