My Brother Begged Me To Come Back To Jehovah & His Organization!!!

by minimus 69 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Well, I believe whatever happens---happens. Why get disturbed over things we have no real control over, right?

• franklin J
    franklin J

hey Min,

sorry for you pain. I do understand it; having experienced it myself..

...you never did like your brother anyway.... (humor, Min, always helps)

As for the family not attending your daughters wedding....it was THEIR choice and we all pay the consequences of our actions somewhere along the line. They have to live with their decision; it will not go away.

None of my JW extended family attended my wedding ( held at St. Patricks Cathedral in NYC) or the reception. No one even had the courtesy to answer the invitation. However; I invited EVERY family member; knowing full well that the JW contingency would not accept. They were not missed.

The TRUTH is that I was overwhelmingly adopted by my wifes large extended family and they have replaced any of the actual flesh and blood relations that I lost. The amount of friends who became part of my life AFTER my JW exit have been such a positive, progressive influence to me that I feel like I am fortunate to be RID of any of the JWs and their petty meddlesome agendas. I also recieved letters from former family and friends telling me the errors of my ways " marrying a WORDLY girl, in a CHURCH".

There are good things in store for you and your family.

Your daughter is better off without them ; the world is literally her oyster ;to accomplish; acquire and ascend to any aspiration she has with no restrictions.

Frank

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    He said the Devil was after me and my family and that the results will be disastrous unless I come back to "Jehovah's protective custody".

"Jehovah's Protective Custody," Min? I guess he thinks the org is a "witness protection program", eh?

Also, it was strongly implied that unless my family went back to meetings and went out in field service, most JWs, including family members would not attend my daughter's wedding and reception.My wife, daughter and I have been overtaken by the Devil, according to him. He pleaded, "please, please, please" come back to "our God, Jehovah"

((((Min)))) So sorry to hear this, tho it's a "given" kind of thinking on their part.....funny they don't realize that what they're really saying is "If you ignore our pleas and warnings, you've been overtaken by the Devil, BUT, on the other hand, if you knuckle under and kowtow to the org and us (of course), you'll be an okay fella and we won't feel the need to punish you to the max."

I realize you're taking the right stand on this matter, Min, but it's gotta still hurt pretty bad.....Relatives in the borg! Can't live with 'em, don't wanna live without the ppl they could be, eh?

Frannie B

• Fleur
    Fleur

[quote] Sad to say, my brother believes he's doing right. The tone of his letter is to try to appeal to me. He sincerely feels I must be talked to so as to get some sense knocked into me. He feels I've led my family to a course of death. When you've been out of it for a while, you can see how sad of a religion this really is.[/quote] oh, min, i am so so sorry. i've been in a pretty dark cave myself the past few weeks but reading this i had to drag myself out and post. don't you just love how their 'love' comes with a price? that returning to 'jehovah' is so important that all other reasons, love, and family ties go out the freaking window and it just becomes a big old emotional blackmail issue? as in "if you don't come back to jehovah we won't come to your daughter's wedding". like they'd come anyway? is your daughter marrying a jw? just curious, cause if she isn't, then they would use that as the reason not to go to the wedding! they will find a reason, one that suits their need of getting you and your wife and daughter back into the realm of propriety; which is really just CONTROL. they can't control you, and its freaking them out. but they will have to live with it. how, i don't know. i know it's literally driving my sister crazy that i will not come back. she's gone off the deep end the other way, is a superduperpioneer now more Superfine spiritual Grade A Elders Wife than she ever was before. but she's the one with the miserable marriage, soul so empty that no amount of food, booze, or shopping can fill it, and the one who is depriving herself of years of time with me and my child which can never be replaced. maybe i'm the one who has 'gone to the devil' but i'll tell you this much, she's the one living in hell. i pity her, and i pity your brother, too. and i'm sorry it's come to this, no matter how long you've been out, or how prepared you think you are, this stuff still hurts. i'm sorry, just so so sorry. if i replied to him at all, i would tell him that my faith in god was not the issue (if thats true, now me, i can't say that, i'm agnostic!) and that he will always be my brother, and my door will be open. i would say that i would love to see him at the wedding, but that i wouldn't want him to violate his christian concience, so he must do what he must, and you will do what you must. that's just what i'd say. keeping your cool, and just speaking it that plainly, will at least make him think. maybe not now, but someday. hope it won't dampen the happy occaision too much for you :( essie

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

That must be hard to take. I hope that your daughter is not upset by their boycott of her wedding . Mind you, the opposite can also be daunting. Why am I tolerated and allowed to get away with what I do? Because nobody gives a toss , thats why. This guy sounds sincerely concerned for you

• blondie
    blondie

I will admit that the WTS teaches its members to emotionally blackmail each other. I bet if you think back min, your brother and other family and friends, have played this game with others in the congregation. You just never thought it would be "practiced" on you with all you have been through together.

It shows that their loyalty is first to the organization (the same as God in their mind) not to family. The thing with blackmail is it never ends, you keep paying and paying.

I take it the wedding is still future. What will they blackmail you with after this?

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks for ALL your comments!! Blondie, I know how they feel as I was the same way. That's why I'm not mad. It's actually pathetic!

• gumby
    gumby

Just remember bud......it's YOUR FAULT all this happened......not theirs. You have caused the family turmoil.

As far as association goes after a meeting or convention, I'd rather spend 10 minutes with friends on this forum, than standing around in a suit and tie visiting fellow braindead dubs.

Your brothers pleading like he is, drives you further away and makes you see even more CLEARLY what a cult they are.

Gumby

• blondie
    blondie

It is sad, isn't it, min. I realized that when my family started "shunning" me and my hubbie when we were active JWs. Well, the best revenge is success. Being content and happy with your new situation will make them wonder what your secret is.

Here's to a wonderful wedding attended only by people who really want to be there to show love and support to the happy couple.

Blondie

• rocky220
    rocky220

I'm glad I'm an only-child...........rocky220

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit