My Brother Begged Me To Come Back To Jehovah & His Organization!!!

by minimus 69 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Well, I'm NOT goin' back!

• gumby
    gumby

What I wonder is....How COULD someone go back? That's the spooky part to comprehend.

To live a lie to please others, speaks little of ones self worth. The fear of losing someone you feel you could not live without, is the only way I see possible for living a lie.

Gumby

• minimus
    minimus

Update---My mother told me that my brother can now understand why my family no longer goes to meetings. It seems that he and his wife and formerly disfellowshipped daughter are treated as if they have the plague. His daughter has had to up her meds because of panic attacks related to the "truth". Whenever there's a function, they are either not invited or treated as if they are not there by the elders. My mother said that she thinks they too are giving up on the "truth"....Funny how things can change in a few weeks! Sadly, these folks are living in fantasy land. They were thinking if they talked to the Circuit Overseer about the treatment they get by the elders, that he would side in with them. Guess what? Wrong again. Now the elders shun their whole family.

• blondie
    blondie

min, I'm shocked!!! Where is the love! The elders are probably mad that they tried to get them into trouble with the CO. Of course, if the CO doesn't like those particular elders, the outcome could have been different.

Blondie

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Yup, you will know them by their love.

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, as I told my mom, it's all POLITICS. If the elders liked my brother (who was formerly an elder there), there would have been no issue. But I think they felt pressured to reinstate my niece who barely goes to a meeting because all she wanted to do is just get reinstated so as to NORMALLY talk to her family.

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, min, it's all politics, for sure. Except at least in most countries you vote the a$$holes into office. Not so the elders, at least not since 1932.

I like that the Bible Students still vote for the elders and the whole congregation is present and has a voice in meetings looking into wrongdoing by members.

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Are you thinking of becoming a BS?

• blondie
    blondie

Nope.

I'm thinking of taking the parts I like in every religion and starting my own...oh, that's been done before, rats!

Blondie

• minimus
    minimus

Let me give you some ideas....Blondieites, Bible Witnesses, Jehovah's Baptists, The Church of Latter-Day Minimus??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit