My Brother Begged Me To Come Back To Jehovah & His Organization!!!

by minimus 69 Replies latest jw friends

• Maverick
    Maverick

Sorry to hear about this Min. Emotional blackmail at its lowest! These people have no scruples! Maverick

• willyloman
    willyloman

Why not "edit" his 7 page tome and send it back to him in a much shorter version, such as:

Your tone seems to suggest that I have left Jehovah. You could not be further from the truth. JWs do not own the creator, he belongs to all of his children. If you decide not to attend the wedding unless we submit to blackmail and agree to indoctrinate others in the neighborhood, I am afraid we no longer have time for such nonsense. So it's your call. If you decide not to come, we will do our best to have fun without you. I am sure you will agree the marriage has as at least as much chance at success as the typical JW wedding does these days. As for the devil, we haven't seen him. Indeed, we haven't heard much talk about him at all since we left the Kingdom Hall. Does he live there?

• minimus
    minimus

Willy---Phew! That would get to him!

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Ahhh Mini.... you should simply write him back and tell him how disappointed and distraught your friends on at the "Apostate" web site would be if you abbandoned them. muah

Sad to say, my brother believes he's doing right. The tone of his letter is to try to appeal to me. He sincerely feels I must be talked to so as to get some sense knocked into me

I glad to see you have such a good outlook onit though. Like Mouthy told me "forgive them, they know not what they do". It is a sad sad thing that they view this as a form of love. Hang in there brother

• Obviously Secret
    Obviously Secret

Thing about JWs. Alot of people think they are heartless bastards, however, I really do think that he cares about you and he really do think he will never see you again after armeggedon that is coming in 2 hours. Sad sad situation heh? Of course you aren't going to go back. Life is always filled with problems ain't it. Hope everything works out.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

Only prisons have "watchtowers"

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/trebor/berlin/spandautowers.html

View of the Watch Towers.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Hi Minimus, Sorry to hear about your brother's letter to you.I know that you knew something like this would be coming your way sooner or later.Still, it hurts when the Society is the cause of breaking up the family and causes so much pain,emotional or otherwise.

I'll be thinking about you in the days to come.Don't let anything or anyone steal your happiness concerning your daughter's wedding day.

When one of our son's was disfellowedshipped, he later married what the Society calls a woman out of the truth.We went to the wedding at a Christian Church,had a great day.We talked toThe Reverend and had a good time without anyone from the Society present.

Our son and his wife are now having twins,we will soon be Grandparents! The reason I'm telling you this is that you can expect good and better days ahead.

Your friend,Blueblades.

• minimus
    minimus

Thanks Blue and others for your encouragment.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

The Cool Red Dot quoted:

He pleaded, "please, please, please"

Aw come on. He did say "please" three times.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Kidding aside I'm sorry and this is terrible. Nothing anyone can say is going to take the hurt away from the storm this man is brewing.

I may have to face the same thing someday and I do dread it, but I sure won't be blackmailed.

Confused

• Larry
    Larry

Hey Min - Wouldn't it be interesting if you accepted the comeback only for investigational purpose. Imagine writing about the BORG from the inside. This way you could ask more thought provoking questions on JWD :)

Peace - LL :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit