Well, ever think about leaving your mate for someone else ???

by run dont walk 107 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*revs engine with a throaty growl*

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Six just wants a free ride !

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

SW ... good idea !

• Carmel
    Carmel

YOU have to decide whether you let your baser animal self be in control or your higher (spiritual) self be in control. That's the only choice. If the former you'll be weighing the issues based on looks, sex, cars, houses and jobs. if the latter, it will be on what you can do to really make your marriage work, allow her to be happy and pursue quality things in life. The $8 an hour in a happy and fun relationship would be paradise for many.

carmel who's had those thoughts but worked through it long ago

• Xena
    Xena

I'm sorry I realize the good intentions behind this

"Restore Your Wife" project

Take all that money you are making at the bar and invest it in your wife. Buy her some new boobs, a tummy tuck, hair extensions and a spray on tan (or whatever she thinks she needs). She'll feel great and more desirable and in turn, that will make you desire her more.

but a part of me is really sadded by the fact that a women can't stand on her own merit without the fake bits....I don't expect a man to cosmetically change himself for me to consider him worth my while...and while I do everything I can to make myself attractive, ultimately it's to make me feel good about me....if I thought I had to do this to keep a man's interest, I would start looking for another man....one that appreciated me for the person I AM not the person he wants me to look like on the outside. Maybe that is what your wife needs to do...

I'm with sally and tal on this one.....

Xena of the faded classic class

• Puternut
    Puternut

Trading in your wife for a younger model, isn't the answer. You have been together what...15 years? What makes you think you can't stick it out now? Don't forget you are changing as well. Everyone does over the course of time. Children come in to play, job changes, finances. You need to talk and make the neccesary changes in you as a person in order to make this work. Look at what you have together. You have worked hard for that. Marriage is thrown away too often these days.

Be sure to examine the 'real' reason what is at play here. I takes two people to make a marriage work. It takes one to ruin it.

Puternut

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Xena : women can't stand on her own merit without the fake bits

Who cares for real .? ... Some girls are not as lucky as you are Xena you know ... and if it can bring something to them then I say go for it girls get yourself on the stage if this is what they want ... I mean, Model does ! and if a little whatever can make your more confident it worth it ...
  • Xena
    Xena

My point is that if you want to get it for yourself then fine....if you get it to make someone else happy because they feel the need for an upgraded model that THAT is a problem. IMHO

I want a man that loves me for the person I am....not for my boobs, real or fake. Because no matter how much work you have done....or how long you dye your hair to keep the gray out...or how many creams you use to keep the wrinkles away....our bodies eventually break down. And if you are with someone who just wants to be with you due to looks, then you are gonna be up a creek without a paddle...

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

(((((((Xena))))))))

• Mulan
    Mulan

It sounds to me like you have emotionally detached yourself from your wife, and are looking even if you don't admit that. I

hate it that you said her looks are fading. I know you said yours are too, but you have noticed hers are fading, and you said that first. That is so shallow!!! We all age and one day will be 70 or 80 or even 90 years old. Don't do something now that you will HUGELY regret when you are an old man.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit