"This Good News of the Kingdom" is NOT Jesus' Gospel

by Farkel 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Farkel
    Farkel

The WTS and dubs like to brag that, unlike all other religions, they are the only people preaching the truth about "this good news of the kingdom" on earth. They claim that their most important purpose in life and as dubs is to preach that good news.

They use their favorite verses in Matthew 24:14 and Revelation 21:3,4 to describe what that "good news of the kingdom" means. Of course, they neglect to also inform their prospective converts that their "good news" also involves the violent slaughter of 99.99% of the people on earth. But that's a different story.

Another favorite claim of theirs is that they strictly follow the Bible as their guide, and that Jesus set the example of preaching the "good news of the kingdom" and follow that example.

Jesus didn't say much about what the "kingdom" was. If he did, there wouldn't be so much disagreement among Bible students as to what it is or was or will be.

However, the writer of 1 Corinthians tells us: "Now I make known to you, brothers, the good news which I declared to you, which you also received, in which you also stand, through which you are also being saved, with the speech with which I declared the good news to you, if you are holding it fast, unless, in fact, you became believers to no purpose. For I handed on to you, among the first things, which which I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that he was buried, yes, that he has been raised up the third day, according to the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve." 1 Cor 15:1-4

So there you have it, from one of Christ's own apostles: the "good news" is that 1) Christ died for man's sins, 2) He was buried, and 3)He was resurrected and appeared to his disciples. In short, Christ saved the world, and He is doing just fine these days.

However, according to the WTS itself, the "good news of the KINGDOM" was not preached until after 1918! "...It is true that the gospel of the kingdom of God and of his Christ was not preached until after 1918 A.D." (Dec 1, 1928 WT, 364)

In 1935 the WTS stated this: "God's remnant on earth, that is to say, Jehovah's witnesses, received from the hand of God's angel the message of the kingdom gospel, which they must preach." - Nov 1, 1935 WT, 331

In 1967 the WTS stated this: "Ever since the end of the Gentile Times in 1914 something of very present importance has been added to the 'good news' of God that Jesus Christ used to preach...this announcement was sounded forth, to be added to the good news was sounded forth, to be added to the good news as stated in Revelation 12:9-12." - Dec 15, 1967 WT, 753.
    (By the way, Revelation 12:9-12 has NOTHING TO DO with supporting that claim. Read it if you don't believe me.)

This article goes on to state that the "good news of God's kingdom" could NOT have been preached before 1914, and that, "this, then, must be the good news that Jesus Christ in his prophecy said had to be preached first in all the nations (Mark 13:10)".

In 1988 the WTS stated this: "In 'the last days' the good news of the Kingdom involves more than it did when Jesus was on earth...that the Kingdom is established in the heavens." - Jan 1, 1988 WT, 21

"Nevertheless, one thing stands out as THE most important event of our time, and beside it all other things pale into insignifance." - Jan 1, 1988 WT, 10.

Including the gospel of Jesus. How arrogant!

So, it is obvious. The dub gospel of the "good news of the kingdom" is NOT the gospel of Christ and his early followers. Not only that the dub gospel is MORE IMPORTANT for people living today than the gospel of Jesus and his apostles. Can it get any more arrogant and blasphemous than that, folks?

One has to ask why Jesus who obviously spoke to his apostles about his "kingdom" would let them be in the dark that the good news of the kingdom THEY preached is not the REAL good news of the kingdom that dubs claim is that Christ would be enthroned with full power in 1914, albeit invisibly?

What does the Bible have to say about that?

"However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond what we declard to you as good news, let him be accursed. As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed. " - Galations 1:8,9

The writer of Galations (presumably Paul) considered this matter so important that he stated it TWICE. Yet the WTS brags that they are doing that very thing in the face of its clear condemnation in scripture.

They cannot even get their "most important message" right without clearly scoffing at what is written in the Bible.

Farkel

• UnDisfellowshipped
    UnDisfellowshipped

Farkel,

As a student of the Bible, and a follower of Jesus Christ, I want to sincerely thank you for this outstanding thread!

I could not have worded it better myself!

• Farkel
    Farkel

UnDf'd,

I'm not a Christian and I'm not a true believer, but I can smell bullshit when it is bullshit!

Farkel

• logansrun
    logansrun

It seems rather obvious the "original" Christian message was the salvific value of Christ's death, not eradicating pollution or petting panda bears.

B.

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

Farkel,

Jst2laws

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Luke 17:20-21 New World Translation

"But on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God was coming, he answered them and said: 'The kingdom of God is not coming with striking observableness, neither wil people be saying, 'See here!' or, 'There!' For, look! the kingdom of God is in YOUR midst." Doesn't say anything about a future 1914 kingdom. It was already operative in Jesus' day, right there in Jesus' person in the midst of the Pharisees.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Actually a salvific purpose to the death of Jesus/Christ is secondary to the Gospels. The earliest layers depict the death of the Jesus charcter as a tragedy in the genre of slain prophets of the OT and Greek legend. Even "authentic" Paul seems to have had a slightly different slant wherein the Savior figure has more metaphoric significance than historical. It was 2nd century proto-orthodox Christians that gelled the idea that the death had substitional ransoming value.

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Doesn't say anything about a future 1914 kingdom.

Let alone something invisible and unverifiable. 1914 was to be the END of the world as we know it. Then it became the BEGINNING of the end as we know it. Jesus was supposed to be VISIBLE in his power as commander-in-chief of the universe in 1914. Then He became INVISIBLE in that same position in 1914, and there is no evidence he has done a THING in nearly 100 years. The generation that SAW 1914 was not supposed to "pass away" until WatchtowerGod(tm) did his thing. Then that same generation got redefined to allow it to exist for centuries....And keep Watchtower lies going like the energizer bunny...

How convenient. Turn lemons into lemonade. Turn prophetic failures into new prophetic bullshit. This is the Watchtower Society in all its pathetic glory. Pretty soon, EVERY prediction of theirs will have an invisible fulfillment. Who could dispute that?

Farkel

• heathen
    heathen
    Then He became INVISIBLE in that same position in 1914, and there is no evidence he has done a THING in nearly 100

You forgot he invisibly inspected the churches of christiandom and chose the bible students who later became jehovahs witnesses.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

Ahh the Farkel of old returns. Great commentary my friend.

Always a pleasure to read as you slash away the doctrine of the Watchtower!

Uzzah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit