• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny
    http://www.dannyhaszard.com/haszard1.htm

Caption from the:MAINE TIMES

A survivor

Maine Times Interview:

May 24 - May 30, 2001

?Nobody likes Jehovah's Witnesses except other Jehovah's Witnesses'

Danny Haszard is a third-generation Jehovah's Witness. He grew up believing the end ......

....................On a sunny morning shortly before Mother's Day, we sat on a wooden bench and talked as the traffic roared by.

Maine Times: I don't know much about Jehovah's Witnesses. They come to my door once in a while and talk with me about my religious beliefs.

>>>>>>>>> Maine Times: I don't know much about Jehovah's Witnesses. They come to my door once in a while and talk with me about my religious beliefs.

Danny Haszard : Let me guess. You know they don't give blood and they don't celebrate Christmas and that's about it, right? Which is the great paradox, because they claim that they are the evangelists of the world, but for all the preaching and teaching they do, practically nobody knows anything about their teachings.

• Room 215
    Room 215

Kudos, Fark; very well done indeed, and just the thing the newbies need. I often wonder why the WTBTS rails against ``apostate literature" when the reading matter that does them the greatest damage are the types of verbatim quotes from their own literature of the sort you describe. The Bible's simple declaration of redemption and reconcilation of man to God through ``Christ and him crucified" as Paul said, bears no relation to the whacky, ``sky-is-falling" pie-in the sky ever-shifting chronological underpinnings of the JW ``join us or die" gospel.

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes
    *** w97 2/15 p. 29 Questions From Readers ***
    Questions From Readers
    "The Watchtower" of August 15, 1996, said: "In the final part of the tribulation, ?flesh? that has fled to Jehovah?s side will be saved." Is that suggesting that after the first phase of the great tribulation, many new ones will come over to God?s side?
    That was not the point being made.
    Jesus? words found at Matthew 24:22 will primarily be fulfilled in the future by a salvation through the first part of the coming great tribulation, the attack on religion. The article said: "Recall that ?flesh,? both of the anointed remnant and of the ?great crowd,? already will have been saved when Babylon the Great goes down swiftly and completely in the first part of the tribulation."
    Such faithful ones will be in no danger when Jesus and his heavenly army act in the final part of the tribulation. But who will thus pass through that phase of the tribulation? Revelation 7:9, 14 shows that a great crowd having an earthly hope will survive. What of spirit-anointed Christians? "Questions From Readers" in The Watchtower of August 15, 1990, discussed why we cannot be dogmatic about when the remnant of anointed ones will be taken to heaven. So the recent article (August 15, 1996) left the matter open, making the general comment: "Likewise in the final part of the tribulation, ?flesh? that has fled to Jehovah?s side will be saved."
    As to whether any new ones may be able to learn the truth and come over to God?s side after the great tribulation begins, note Jesus? words recorded at Matthew 24:29-31. After the outbreak of the tribulation, the sign of the Son of man will appear. Jesus said that all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves and lament. He did not say anything about people waking up to the situation, repenting, taking God?s side, and becoming true disciples.
    Similarly, in the parable of the sheep and the goats, the Son of man appears and judicially separates people on the basis of what they had done or not done in the past. Jesus said nothing about people who long displayed goatlike attributes suddenly turning around and becoming like sheep. He comes to judge on the basis of what people had already proved to be.?Matthew 25:31-46.
    But, again, there is no reason to be dogmatic on this point. God?s people, both of the anointed and of the great crowd, know what they have to do now?preach and make disciples. (Matthew 28:19, 20; Mark 13:10) Right now is the period for us to take to heart the exhortation: "Working together with him, we also entreat you not to accept the undeserved kindness of God and miss its purpose. For he says: ?In an acceptable time I heard you, and in a day of salvation I helped you.? Look! Now is the especially acceptable time. Look! Now is the day of salvation."?2 Corinthians 6:1, 2.

Notice how it make a long arguement then negates in and say in effect this is what we want you to believe but it is not important.

*** w95 10/15 p. 28 What Future for the Sheep and the Goats? ***

22 While the judging as described in the parable is in the near future, even now something vital is taking place. We Christians are engaged in a lifesaving work of proclaiming a message that causes a division among people. (Matthew 10:32-39) Paul wrote: "For ?everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved.? However, how will they call on him in whom they have not put faith? How, in turn, will they put faith in him of whom they have not heard? How, in turn, will they hear without someone to preach?" (Romans 10:13, 14) Our public ministry is reaching people in over 230 lands with the name of God and his message of salvation. The anointed brothers of Christ are still spearheading this work. Some five million of the other sheep have now joined them. And people around the globe are responding to the message proclaimed by Jesus? brothers.

Okay so drum roll If you call on God you will be saved reagardless.

*** w00 2/1 p. 22 Joyful in the God of Our Salvation ***

Salvation Sure for God?s People!

12 The prophet continues to describe Jehovah?s actions in destroying His enemies. At Habakkuk 3:12, we read: "With denunciation you went marching through the earth. In anger you went threshing the nations." Still, Jehovah will not destroy at random. Some humans will be saved. "You went forth for the salvation of your people, to save your anointed one," says Habakkuk 3:13. Yes, Jehovah will save his faithful anointed servants. The destruction of Babylon the Great, the world empire of false religion, will then be complete. Today, however, the nations are trying to wipe out pure worship. Soon, Jehovah?s servants will be attacked by the forces of Gog of Magog. (Ezekiel 38:1?39:13; Revelation 17:1-5, 16-18) Will that satanic assault succeed? No! Jehovah will then angrily thresh his enemies, pounding them underfoot like grain on a threshing floor. But he will save those who worship him with spirit and truth.?John 4:24.

Thanks alot for not even mentioning their ever prolific "companions".

*** w98 12/15 pp. 18-19 This Is the Day of Salvation! ***

"The Especially Acceptable Time"

12 For salvation, we must act in harmony with Paul?s words: "Working together with him [Jehovah], we also entreat you not to accept the undeserved kindness of God and miss its purpose. For he says: ?In an acceptable time I heard you, and in a day of salvation I helped you.? Look! Now is the especially acceptable time. Look! Now is the day of salvation." (2 Corinthians 6:1, 2) Jehovah?s anointed ambassadors and his envoys, the "other sheep," do not accept their heavenly Father?s undeserved kindness and miss its purpose. (John 10:16) By their upright conduct and zealous ministry in this "acceptable time," they seek divine favor and are informing earth?s inhabitants that this is "the day of salvation."

*** cl chap. 19 p. 197 "God?s Wisdom in a Sacred Secret" ***

20 Along with Jesus, these anointed ones become "Abraham?s seed." (Galatians 3:29) The first ones chosen were fleshly Jews. But in 36 C.E., another aspect of the sacred secret was revealed: Gentiles, or non-Jews, would also share in the heavenly hope. (Romans 9:6-8; 11:25, 26; Ephesians 3:5, 6) Would anointed Christians be the only ones to enjoy the blessings promised to Abraham? No, for Jesus? sacrifice benefits the whole world. (1 John 2:2) In time, Jehovah revealed that an unnumbered "great crowd" would survive the end of Satan?s system of things. (Revelation 7:9, 14) Multitudes more would be resurrected with the prospect of living forever in Paradise!?Luke 23:43; John 5:28, 29; Revelation 20:11-15; 21:3, 4.

*** w96 8/15 p. 31 Questions From Readers ***

We understand that this heavenly calling continued down through the centuries, though during the so-called Dark Ages, there may have been times when the number of anointed ones were very few. With the reestablishment of true Christianity near the end of the last century, more were called and chosen. But it seems that in the mid-1930?s, the full number of the 144,000 was basically completed. Thus there began to appear a group of loyal Christians with the earthly hope. Jesus termed such "other sheep," who unite in worship with the anointed as one approved flock.?John 10:14-16.

*** jv chap. 31 pp. 705-706 How Chosen and Led by God ***

What About God?s Choosing Today?

After the first century, the foretold apostasy developed unrestrained. (Acts 20:29, 30; 2 Thess. 2:7-12) For many centuries the lamp of true Christianity burned very low. (Compare Matthew 5:14-16.) Yet, in an illustration Jesus indicated that at the ?conclusion of the system of things,? there would be a clear distinction between "the wheat" (true Christians) and "the weeds" (imitation Christians). The wheat, or "chosen ones," would be gathered into one true Christian congregation, as in the first century. (Matt. 13:24-30, 36-43; 24:31) Jesus also described the anointed members of that congregation as "the faithful and discreet slave" and indicated that in the time of the end, they would be dispensing spiritual food. (Matt. 24:3, 45-47) That faithful slave would be joined by "a great crowd" of true worshipers out of all nations.?Rev. 7:9, 10; compare Micah 4:1-4.

How would true worshipers living in the time of the end be identified? Would they always be right, would their judgment be infallible? Jesus? apostles were not above the need for correction. (Luke 22:24-27; Gal. 2:11-14) Like the apostles, true followers of Christ in our day must be humble, willing to accept discipline and, when necessary, make adjustments, in order to bring their thinking into ever closer harmony with God?s.?1 Pet. 5:5, 6.

When the world entered the last days in 1914, what group proved to be the one true Christian organization? Christendom abounded with churches that claimed to represent Christ. But the question is: Which, if any, among them was meeting the Scriptural requirements?

The one true Christian congregation would have to be an organization that holds to the Bible as its foremost authority, not one that quotes scattered verses but rejects the rest when these do not conform to its contemporary theology. (John 17:17; 2 Tim. 3:16, 17) It would have to be an organization whose members?not some but all?are truly no part of the world, in imitation of Christ. So how could they involve themselves in politics, as the churches of Christendom have done repeatedly? (John 15:19; 17:16) The true Christian organization would have to bear witness to the divine name, Jehovah, and do the work that Jesus commanded?the preaching of the good news of God?s Kingdom. Like the first-century congregation, not just a few but all its members would be whole-souled evangelizers. (Isa. 43:10-12; Matt. 24:14; 28:19, 20; Col. 3:23) True worshipers would also be known by their self-sacrificing love for one another, a love that would transcend racial and national barriers and unite them into a worldwide brotherhood. Such love would have to be manifested not merely in isolated cases but in a way that would truly set them apart as an organization.?John 13:34, 35

None! Okay so not even the JWs live up to this. In the proclaimers book the they claim the bible students had all of this. But the BS according to the WT is extinct to the only thing left is JWs. So if christiandom is not true christians and JWs is not true christians, and the true christians are extinct then that means what Jesus came in 1914 took Russell and the bible stedents in 1916 to heaven and the world did end we are all stuck in hell (J/k)?

In truth the dichotomy divides like this. The WTs is right and everyone has all failed. OR their assumptions is wrong and everyone has passed. I need help on this cuz it is too many hoops to jump. I can't figure out are they saying everyone is saved or everone is damned. The dorterine is so covert

• bebu
    bebu
    not to accept the undeserved kindness of God and miss its purpose.

I looked this up, and here is the quote from the NIV: (2 Cor 6:1)

"As God's fellow workers, we urge you not to receive God's grace IN VAIN."

So witnesses are to REJECT God's kindness, and consider doing that holy?? Eeeee--gads.

(Sorry if this is off-topic.)

bebu

• heathen
    heathen

XQ --- It sounds like the usual WTBTS spin . They did try to say the world ended invisibly .

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Brilliant thread!!

• oompa
    oompa

tag......i like it too.........oompa

• Chalam
    Chalam

Hi Farkel,

Cool post :) Here are some things I noted.

Jesus didn't say much about what the "kingdom" was. If he did, there wouldn't be so much disagreement among Bible students as to what it is or was or will be.

Well it is simple, a Kingdom needs a King. Who is the King? The King of Kings, Jesus.

Who is king for the JWs? "jehovah".

I though of the verse another poster brought also Luke 17:20-22

So who is the King that reigns within? The Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Jesus John 14:16-20 Romans 8:9

"Nevertheless, one thing stands out as THE most important event of our time, and beside it all other things pale into insignifance." - Jan 1, 1988 WT, 10.

Including the gospel of Jesus. How arrogant!

This goes beyond arrogance. If you look closely, the WT exalt themselves to the position of Jesus and want you to hear their "gospel" of salvation, not the real one. I asked my JW friend once, "what about all the people over the best part of 2000 years before the WatchTower was around to bring the world the 'truth' and the 'light'"? Of course, I didn't really get an answer.

So, it is obvious. The dub gospel of the "good news of the kingdom" is NOT the gospel of Christ and his early followers. Not only that the dub gospel is MORE IMPORTANT for people living today than the gospel of Jesus and his apostles. Can it get any more arrogant and blasphemous than that, folks?

Maybe the Mormons, they have His name on their badges! Anyhow, that is another story and a different forum.

One has to ask why Jesus who obviously spoke to his apostles about his "kingdom" would let them be in the dark that the good news of the kingdom THEY preached is not the REAL good news of the kingdom that dubs claim is that Christ would be enthroned with full power in 1914, albeit invisibly?

What does the Bible have to say about that?

Here's another thing Matthew 11:12

Looks like either Jesus made a mistake or the WT?!

They cannot even get their "most important message" right without clearly scoffing at what is written in the Bible.

They have their message correct. However, as you have correctly identified, it is a different gospel to the one Paul preached :(

The gospel is a free gift Isaiah 55

Come an take it with both hands :)

All the best,

Stephen

• hooberus
    hooberus

reference

• WildeLover
    WildeLover

bump, this is a great thread!! i am going to be using this in the showdowns which will undouobtedly happen in the upcoming weeks. brilliant quotes from WT literature... also excellent reasoning too!!

muchas gracias Farkel

WildeLover

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit