"This Good News of the Kingdom" is NOT Jesus' Gospel

by Farkel 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• minimus
    minimus

Is the "good news" of 1st Corinthians, necessarily the same as the "good news of the kingdom"in MT.24? If I recall correctly, that expression is used in different ways throughout the New Testament......I appreciate those quotes saying there's no "good news" except that which (supposedly) took place in 1914.....Good thinking points, Farkel.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Joseph,

Good to see you around again, old friend.

Farkel

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

That's it Gal.1:8 !!! The central CORE doctrine of the WT$ IS that Jesus Christ came back to power in 1914.The entire doctrinal superstructure of the Watchtower rest squarely on that date.By their own admission this is their gospel of gobbledygook

This "mutated millerite" dogma is a doctrine of demons from the get-go. Skull & Crossbones All Jehovah's Witnesses die unsaved according to St.Paul.

[ Edited:So the author of the WT's central doctrine IS the demons.What's really scary is that people usually imitate the god that they worship.This would account for why JW's are so mean and malicious and.Why,they have so much turmoil with each other.[James 3:15-16]

I tell you the truth.I worked 22 years in heavy construction with hard boiled worldly construction workers.We all looked out for and cared for each other.All my 33 years of exposure to Jehovah's Witnesses was constant dog eat dog backbiting.] Cat Vs Mouse

• gumby
    gumby

Bout time we had a thread like this. We need more. Newbies need to see these.

Nice work as usual Fark If 50 people who had never read the bible before or heard of Jesus and they were asked to read the new testement a few times, then you asked them what the most important message was in the new testement......do you suppose you would even get 1 person who would answer " why, the good new is about a kingdom that jesus will rule over in heaven with his helpers and they will bring blessings to mankind on the earth". I'll bet a grand you wouldn't get 1

Of course, they neglect to also inform their prospective converts that their "good news" also involves the violent slaughter of 99.99% of the people on earth. But that's a different story.

In their book "The Bible, a Book for all Mankind"....they also fail to tell the readers before they buy the bible that it has a discloser that comes with it that says..."but don't think you dumbasses are going to ever understand it or that it will do you any good whatsoever, unless you hook up with Jehovah's Witnesses, because they are the only ones who can tell you what it means".

Gumby

• Farkel
    Farkel

gumby,

: In their book "The Bible, a Book for all Mankind"....they also fail to tell the readers before they buy the bible that it has a discloser that comes with it that says..."but don't think you dumbasses are going to ever understand it or that it will do you any good whatsoever, unless you hook up with Jehovah's Witnesses, because they are the only ones who can tell you what it means".

The WTS distributes about one BILLION pieces of their literature per year, and that number is reduced over the last seventy years by the proportion of the membership, i.e. the only people who actually PAY for that shit.

They claim far and wide and very loudly that they are proclaiming their "Good News(tm)" to the entire world, which consists of about 2 billion countries, many of which haven't even been formed yet.

Yet, if you were to ask say, 2,000 people about Jehovah's Witnesses, 2,000 of them would say, "aren't they those wacko nutballs that don't celebrate Christmas, don't have blood transfusions, don't celebrate birthdays, won't fight for their country and who piss people off every weekend by banging on their doors when people are sleeping?"

THAT is what people see about Jehovah's Witnesses. Their "Good News" is just a disguise for their real agenda: selling books and building a tyrannical religious empire. The "world" knows NOTHING about their so-called "Good News(tm)." It's a damn good thing they don't, too. If they knew the REAL message that dubs offer, they would hide their women and children and shoot every dub who banged on their door.

Dubs are nothing more than passive/aggressive terrorists, trained by their leaders who insulate themselves from the consequences of such training they give to their dupes. Their leaders are sort of like Osama bin Laden in that respect, but of course, Osama has not killed as many or ruined as many lives as Watchtower leaders have.

I mean this.

Farkel

• bebu
    bebu

Three thumbs up, Farkel. That was short, sweet, and sharp.

bebu

• woody02302
    woody02302

i ONLY WISH I COULD HAVE YOUR BRAIN FOR ABOUT A HOUR TOMORROW. i GOT A C.O AND TWO ELDERS COMING OVER TOMORROW AND I'M NOT SURE THE RIGHT THINGS TO SAY. THERE IS SO MUCH I WOULD LIKE TO SAY BUT I JUST DON'T HAVE THE KNOWLAGE. THANKS TO ALL AND YOUR AWESOME POSTS....WISH ME LUCK...SEE IF I CAN AVOID BEING TRAPPED

• Farkel
    Farkel

:i ONLY WISH I COULD HAVE YOUR BRAIN FOR ABOUT A HOUR TOMORROW. i GOT A C.O AND TWO ELDERS COMING OVER TOMORROW AND I'M NOT SURE THE RIGHT THINGS TO SAY.

Don't worry. They only have 1/3 of a brain, and only know about twenty scriptures. They are LOSERS. You are up to them!

: THERE IS SO MUCH I WOULD LIKE TO SAY BUT I JUST DON'T HAVE THE KNOWLAGE.

You don't need knowledge to squash them. They don't have any, either. Just listen very carefully to their questions and look for the flaws in their reasoning. For example, are their questions attacking YOU or are their questions attacking what you say. Example: "If Hitler told the truth, would it be less the truth because it was he who said it?" NO! The truth is the truth, and the messenger doesn't matter!

: THANKS TO ALL AND YOUR AWESOME POSTS....WISH ME LUCK...SEE IF I CAN AVOID BEING TRAPPED

Be slippery, and don't divulge anything to them. Not what you know, not who you associate with. Nothin'. Tell them you have "personal problems" and "need time to work them out." Be polite and respectful. Don't tell them nothin'. I mean this. You are dealing with petty window washers who want to vet you out, and then pat themselves on the back for "serving Jehovah." That is utter bullshit. They are serving the interests of the Watchtower Corporation, and even so, they are doing that out of fear from them, too.

Play stupid. It is your best defense, if you want to safely exit their bondage.

Farkel

• gumby
    gumby
    They claim far and wide and very loudly that they are proclaiming their "Good News(tm)" to the entire world, which consists of about 2 billion countries, many of which haven't even been formed yet.

Yet, if you were to ask say, 2,000 people about Jehovah's Witnesses, 2,000 of them would say, "aren't they those wacko nutballs that don't celebrate Christmas, don't have blood transfusions, don't celebrate birthdays, won't fight for their country and who piss people off every weekend by banging on their doors when people are sleeping?"

I never could understand as a witness, how the organisation could claim that people worlwide KNOW what their message is. As an example, the society always used the scripture that showed the attitude of the governments when Jesus became king in 1914..."the nations became wrathful at the newly appointed king". I always thought to my self that the nations had no idea Jesus took his reign, how could they be wrathful?

THis whole good news scenario your discussing ends with the same result as christendoms does. For the dubs, if you reject the "good news" your dead, and for many christians, it's" believe in the lord or you'll die/suffer". Both groups offer two choices.....yours or theirs. Yours isn't good enough.

Gumby

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

"Ever since the end of the Gentile Times in 1914 something of very present importance has been added to the 'good news' of God that Jesus Christ used to preach......." Dec 15, 1967 WT, 753

In 'the last days' the good news of the Kingdom involves more than it did when Jesus was on earth...that the Kingdom is established in the heavens." - Jan 1, 1988 WT, 21
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond what we declard to you as good news, let him be accursed. Galations 1:8,9

Surely that constistutes something for any jw to consider, doesn't it ?

No apostate words involved - something quick and plain to read for those family that are still in I should imagine - good job Farkel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit