"This Good News of the Kingdom" is NOT Jesus' Gospel

by Farkel 52 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• onacruse
    onacruse

Uzzah:

Ahh the Farkel of old returns. Great commentary my friend.

Always a pleasure to read as you slash away the doctrine of the Watchtower!

Likewise.
  • Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

<<<Black Sheep files Farkel's brilliant treatise away in the dark recesses of his puter for future reference>>>

.....and goes back to his winemaking

• Corvin
    Corvin

Remarkable, Farkel. I read your essay thingy twice. Very good work.

Corvin

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Amen!

• exjdub
    exjdub

Farkel,

Thanks for the great reasoning points. I have started a seperate folder of reasoning points that I may need to use and I have saved this gem for future use.

exjdub

• seeitallclearlynow
    seeitallclearlynow

Wonderful, Farkel.

• shera
    shera

Thanks Farkel.

• somebody
    somebody

Farkel :

What does the Bible have to say about that?

"However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to you as good news something beyond what we declard to you as good news, let him be accursed. As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to you as good news something beyond what you accepted, let him be accursed. " - Galations 1:8,9

The writer of Galations (presumably Paul) considered this matter so important that he stated it TWICE. Yet the WTS brags that they are doing that very thing in the face of its clear condemnation in scripture.

They cannot even get their "most important message" right without clearly scoffing at what is written in the Bible.

I agree. And the WTS claim that it was JESUS who said that a good news that goes beyond what his followers preached in the first century was to be preach in "our day". Benefit From Theocractic ministry School Education (2002) p. 279 The Message We Must Proclaim

?THIS GOOD NEWS OF THE KINGDOM? WHEN providing details regarding the sign of his presence and the conclusion of the system of things, Jesus foretold: ?This good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.??Matt. 24:14. Exactly what is this message that is to be given such wide publicity? It is about the Kingdom for which Jesus taught us to pray to God, saying: ?Let your kingdom come.? (Matt. 6:10) Revelation 11:15 describes it as ?the kingdom of our Lord [Jehovah] and of his Christ? because the ruling authority originates with Jehovah and is conferred upon Christ as King. Note, however, that the message that Jesus said would be proclaimed in our day goes beyond what his followers preached in the first century. They told people: ?The kingdom of God has come near to you.? (Luke 10:9) Jesus, the one anointed to be King, was then in their midst. But as recorded at Matthew 24:14, Jesus foretold the worldwide announcement of another development in the fulfillment of God?s purpose. ------------------------------------ As you said, they love to use Matthew 24:14. WHERE does it say in Matthew 24:14 that there is to be a good news that goes BEYOND what his followers preached? Where does it say that there would be a different message to be preached "in our day" ? Where does JESUS say such a thing that in Matthew 24:14? I don't see it. Does anyone? It makes me wonder if JWs read that scripture and say, " See? I told you Jesus said that in our day, we are to preach as good news something that goes beyond what his followers preached in the first century"! The scriptures you provided are worth repeating..

(Galatians 1:8-9) . . .. 8

However, even if we or an angel out of heaven were to declare to YOU as good news something beyond what we declared to YOU as good news, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said above, I also now say again, Whoever it is that is declaring to YOU as good news something beyond what YOU accepted, let him be accursed. peace, somebody/gwen
  • Bubbamar
    Bubbamar

Farkel - You blow me away!

What's really amazing is that JW's could read that and still believe WT crap - wholeheartedly!

• JosephMalik
    JosephMalik

Farkle,

Nice work. The restoration of the Davidic Kingdom and the resurrection of the dead were so well understood by the Jews that there was no need to elaborate upon it. It is much like the Circumcision issue. This simply summarized to Jews that Gentiles needed to keep the whole Law not just this one visible feature of it. Now how such a Kingdom would come about and through whom is another matter. Such detail was not well known until the Christ came and physically fulfilled the texts dealing with it.

Joseph

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit