First gay couples wed in US state

by ignored_one 96 Replies latest social current

• Perry
    Perry

Abaddon,

Been busy with starting a new business, constant travel, and a recent marriage. But back to the topic.

By supporting pologamy and group marriage (bi-sexual) among consenting adults, you are now making the case for the critics of gay marriage. It is encouraging to see you embrace that since it is the next logical step. Most other proponets will not go that far. In fact, I haven't seen not one directly address that subject when directly asked during interviews. But, we both know that it won't take very long for that to change too.

It think that it is clear that a person cannot logically support gay marriage and then turn around and say they are against polagamy or group (and bisexual) marriages. The cult's attorney above was ready to make that point. Although we all know that under age marriages in a situation like that probably still occur, which we both currently agree is sick; the main subject was about polagamy.

So a sixteen year old girl (legal age) who has been socialized into thinking that marriage to a far older man with multiple wives is just fine, will one day soon be perfectly legal. While some may see freedom of expression in an alternative lifestyle, others will see a deceived littel girl throwing away a bright future.

We are witnessing a cultural revolution regarding our notions of marriage and family. Without question, polagamy and group marriages are now on the horizon for legalization.

• dubla
    dubla
    "first gay couples wed in u.s. state"

good for them.

Hey everyone, isn't it kind of typical that amongst the messages of goodwill and congratulations the only ones not sending their love to those who can now signify their love for another human being in an official manner are the people who identify themselves as Christians?

i guess id still consider myself a christian, if i had to pick a reilgion, but i have nothing against gay marraige whatsoever. i think its ridiculous that bush has made such a huge issue out of it......if they love each other and want to marry, whos it going to hurt? go for it, and be happy.

whats telling is someone who has specifically spoken out against "inciting hate based on religion" attempting to paint an entire religion in a bad light after a few comments scroll by.

aa

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

ThiChi, why whine about not getting tolerance?

You don't give any, do you?

• scotsman
    scotsman

Perry

So a sixteen year old girl (legal age) who has been socialized into thinking that marriage to a far older man with multiple wives is just fine, will one day soon be perfectly legal. While some may see freedom of expression in an alternative lifestyle, others will see a deceived littel girl throwing away a bright future.

Is this situation anyworse than the same one minus the multiple wives? Any girl that is socialized into throwing away a bright future, no matter how legal, is unfortunate.

Hope that your recent marriage isn't the first of many! (kidding)

edited to add: these topics - gay and polyganous marriage - really have been done to death on this board.

• Perry
    Perry

Marriage to more than one woman should be outlawed because it is cruel and unusual punishment!

• logansrun
    logansrun

I honestly cannot see how anyone can be a Christian and condone homosexuality. It's seems pretty clear the Bible is against it. That being said, I believe the Bible is a man-made book chok full of errors so it does not affect in the least my view of homosexuals.

I love it when people -- sometimes they're Christian, sometimes they're not -- pull out the "Do not judge..." and "Love thy enemy..." routine thus ignoring the many instances where Jesus, Paul and the apostles were judgmental, hateful and told their followers to do the same. I don't think quoting one of the most inconsistent books in all of history is any way to win an argument.

B.

• dubla
    dubla

logan-

I honestly cannot see how anyone can be a Christian and condone homosexuality.

meaning anyone believing in jesus must wholehartedly believe in the entire bible?

aa

• logansrun
    logansrun

Well, look at it logically:

Premise 1-- Jesus believed in the OT

Premise 2 -- Jesus appointed Paul as "apostle to the nations" etc...

Premise 3 -- The OT and Paul both condemn homosexuality

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------'

Conclusion -- Jesus condemned homosexuality

Bradley

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

AB, I might be mistaken, but I don't recall making a RELIGIOUS arguement against gay marriage here in this forum. I'm against redefining marriage because if we do...where is the limit to this redefinition?

Oi! calm dowm, I said 'sane' as well, that cuts the field down a bit...

Cuts the field WAY down. My brother once told me..."Mike, remember, all women are insane, if you accept that, all the rest of it makes sense" Yeru...ducking out

• logansrun
    logansrun

That argument is unsound, BT.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit