One Soldier's Viewpoint of Iraq

by ThiChi 92 Replies latest social current

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

PleasureD:

I expected nothing less from you! Thanks!

ChevyS:

Thanks for another viewpoint....

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

You are a good man in this bad world, thanks!

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

you know what? Maybe it's not a truthful letter, but the fact is that **GASP** there are soldiers in Iraq that hold these same opinions, just like there are soldiers that are against the war. They are no different than we are except for the fact that they are fighting for freedom and we're just bitching about it.

Rev (Who doesn't claim to be Christian, in case anyone wondered )

• kat2u
    kat2u

Thi Chi,

I for one appreciate what your doing.THANKYOU!!!!

Please take care and come home safe!!!!

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* kat...ThiChi is not at war....

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• copsec
    copsec

TiChi,

Thank you for posting this. Some don't want to watch any news channels but those that are biased. FoxNews is a very good source and you even put clips there the unbelieving could see for themselves but they still don't want to see it. I for one, thank you.

• kat2u
    kat2u

yeah well i just realized after re reading it he isnt going. But well im trying to be supportive here especially since it seems so few are.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"you know what? Maybe it's not a truthful letter, but the fact is..""

Thank you all for the positive comments.

In fact, it is a truthful letter. If you follow Simon?s link, the letter does stand up. The interlink Simon says that debunks this letter, does not, in fact do this. What you have on that link is only a agenda driven person that tries to argue the facts, however, I read no real evidence that disproves the Soldier?s claim.

Simon tries to imply that the Soldier never served in Iraq, but this is just speculation on Simon?s part.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I agree.

I wasn't trying to discredit the letter though, I was making an "Even if..." statement. (just in case I wasn't clear)

Rev :)

• Simon
    Simon

ThiChi

What those links do is show that the letter is a convenient mix of a few facts with plenty of mindless propaganda. I do not see the value in that *at all*.

For every 'letter from a soldier' of dubious provenance there are TV pictures showing the chaos, the fighting, the queuing at the petrol pumps etc... which seem far more believable as its there for all to see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit