One Soldier's Viewpoint of Iraq

by ThiChi 92 Replies latest social current

• Crazy151drinker
    Crazy151drinker

The news doesnt care about happy things. Everyone in Iraq could be happy and CNN would show some ghastly murder or a shoot out.

Last time I checked, the Life section of the paper is in the back.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

"What are you on about?"

The headline was: "One Soldier?s Viewpoint of Iraq"

Someone changed it to: "One Soldier?s Viewpoint of Iraq."

I copied & pasted the line from the top of my post, so it sould read like the body of my post...so someone changed it.....

• Simon
    Simon

I shows as "One Soldier?s Viewpoint of Iraq" to me.

It may be the type of apostrophe used when it wa copy & pasted that shows up as a ? if the character isn't available after being encoded / decoded.

Your posts has not been edited.

• shamus
    shamus

I will personally wait until more soldiers come back and comment before making my mind up finally. They are the ones whom we should be listening to; nobody else.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Wow, how come it did not read that way in the body of the post? If this is the case I stand corrected and I thank you for looking into it!

Thanks Simon......

• Valis
    Valis

ThiChi...I just clicked in to the thread and I see what you are talking about. It has a question mark there....but when I clicked in to edit mode for your post it shows an apostrophe..Have you tried to go back in and edit the title? If not we can give it a whirl..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Thanks! Well the Subject line on my screen shows it is fine (when going to edit...). And it looked right when I first posted the topic. Who knows?

• Valis
    Valis

Fixed I think..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

Hi Thi Chi! Thanks for sharing. It's no secret my feelings on war, especially this war, but I do have friends who have been called up to service, and I am sympathetic to their situations. I wanted to share with you a letter from my friend serving in Afghanistan. We here in teh comforts of our homes can speculate all we want, but it's great to hear first hand from those over there.

Hey Girl!

thought I'd drop you a line and wish you a happy thanksgiving.

Thought I'd share some of the things I am thankful for and what I would say if I was back in the states about to carve a turkey;

I am thankful for being American

For being born in the greatest country in the world

To have the right to make decisions for my self

To be able, to work to be rich or poor, the only question is how hard

All-tho there has been hard times in my life, none have left me mal-nourished, or to sleep in the cold under the stars

I am very thankful for my many good friends and a job to work for

A central government, with military, and police that for the most part don't work for the highest bidder, and that are actually concerned with the safety of the nation.

Let me tell you, these things are oftenly over looked, and it's not until your in a nation where you can't trust the police even as a citizen of the community. The cops here work for the war lords and there is no such thing as a government.

We were in a southern city last week and it was unbelievable to see. The public transit passed by filled to the brim, so overloaded people were sitting on top of the bus in the freezing cold. Or as a donkey passes with a father and son, the son on his way to a school the Americans just set up, a large white tent with no heat, and the father on his way to work on the street selling this months crop, full of vehicles that bellow black exhaust. We pass by tents all the time that sit on the edge of that same road with a trench that runs behind it that acts as a gutter and a sewer, very commonly with human feces floating by, this is a family's home. There is no such thing as a bathroom here I've seen many times in many different villages a person walking down the street just pop a squat and leave a pile for one of the street vendors to later wash into that ditch running on the side of the road. There is no such thing as middle class, ether your filthy rich or your dirt poor.

This is not a pity story, just some things we, I, had never thought about on thanksgiving. I was to busy thanking god for the new t.v. I just saved up for or the new stereo. Never once had I thought about the sewers and the public transit, the police, and least of all the government. But all of these things put together is what makes home so great. Never before was I so proud to say "THANK GOD FOR THE U.S.A."

HAPPY THANKSGIVING MISS YOU TONS!

SGT J****** J********

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i have to say thichi, what a load of $hit.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit