Culling and Hunting.... your opinions?

by FMZ 84 Replies latest social physical

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Whatever you do, please kill them in a humane manner. Shooting them would be inhumane and painful. I suggest using poison. They won't feel a thing.

• talley
    talley

Welllll folks, we have the same kind of feral cat problem. Talked to the vet about it and he made some calls around and told me we would have to find a different soulution than "trap, spay, and release". That procedure is very expensive and expecially dangerous for the personell involved. We have been hoping for a 'virulent bug' to come along the past two winters (something wiped out all our farm cats about 15 years ago), but no luck there. The feral cats we have just moved in on their own several years ago, maybe three of them, and then just started multiplying. Right now there is not a mouse or rat within 1/2 mile of the place. I will be looking for a 'sharpshooter' soon. Either that or trap and drown in the cow tank.

Then the deer situation has gotten way out of hand. During the depression, when hubby was a kid, they hardly ever saw any deer, because the farmers ate them...didn't have deer or wood ticks either back then so no Rockey Mountian Spotted Fever and/or Lymes Disease. We find fresh deer dropings on our lawn every morning. Last year this time we had "Deer Damage" tags that the DNR had us issue for antlerless only. 12 deer were shot between May - October, and they are still running in herds and up to 30 at a time can be counted in one alfalfa field or another at night.

The 'critters' are taking over !!!

• Valis
    Valis

Hey talleydega...you can be expecting a package in the next day or two..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• blondie
    blondie

This conversation might be different if the "thing" being culled looked like this.

It seems like only "cute" animals matter sometimes.

Blondie

• Badger
    Badger

Indeed...plus, cats and deer aren't that much fun to pour salt on.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

lol........ have you ever seen a badger squirm if you take them out in the middle of the street, on a hot summer day, and hold thier furry little paws down on the hot asphalt?

i'm going to go repent of my thinking about animal torturing sins now

• Badger
    Badger

My, she turned on me quick....

Actually, badger can dig through asphault

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

aahhhhhh I'm not turning on you Badger. I am still a member and CEO of "Badger's Against Culling"

I was just asking if you had ever seen it? I'm thinking of making a video to send to PETA. Do you know of any Badgers that would be willing to volunteer for the cause?

p.s. might I add, that this is the first time I've ever been part of a "do you think I should shoot little kitties in the head" thread

• Badger
    Badger

Speaking of Culling...

Animals do their own culling...in some big cat ecosystems, it's common for a male to kill young cubs born of another male that they happen to find, thus leaving room for their offspring to take over.

Meanwhile, they have seen this behavior repeat itself on cat populations on dairy farms....

FMZ, If your farmer friend would wait, he might find that the cats will cull themselves

• talley
    talley

Valis....Promises,, promises. hehehe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit