Culling and Hunting.... your opinions?

by FMZ 84 Replies latest social physical

• Badger
    Badger

Doc: You've never had cat tacos? They're great!

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12
    So, he has asked me to go out there and kill some of the cats for him

Can you really just go out and kill cats like that because the "owner" has asked you to? I would think there may be laws against that sort of thing and you could be in trouble with the humane society, or animal enforcement, not to mention a group like PETA if they got wind of it!

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool
    So Chevy...what you're saying is he should have to eat the cats he kills.

It's all a part of a hunter's code of ethics - you must eat what you kill. Here are some helpful hints: http://www.ooze.com/ooze13/cats.html

• nilfun
    nilfun

eat it...or at least level the playing field:

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

hunting is one thing - perfectly normal and part of nature. To deny the natural order of things is naive, but this is just down to irresponsibility. You should always get your cats fixed as soon as you get them and to just shoot them because they are an inconvenience now is crap. I can understand you are being pragmatic now the deed is done - the cats will starve if they are all left but the owner needs a good bitch slapping for being so lazy.

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

*Thread steal alert*

What do people think about the culling of badgers to stop the spread of TB to cattle?

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    there are some things that a man just does and doesn't talk about.

curious about what things ConfusedJW has kept mum about. I sure hope you havent been kicking any puppies lately

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz
    culling of badgers

Hey I love Badger. There shall be no culling of Badger. If you so much as hurt a hair on his head there shall be a culling of Satan's Little Helper :)

p.s. I have no idea what culling means by the way

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

lol!

culling is killing off some of them to thin the numbers - farmers go out with dogs and dig out their sets, letting the dogs tear them to bits. The ones that get past the dogs get shot gunned

• FMZ
    FMZ

I personally have yet to see the state that they are in, and whether it would be possible to home them.

To be honest, I am a cat lover. We have three cats now in our house, and I would be gutted if anything happened to them. I will not enjoy doing this by any means, but I know it has to be done for the wellbeing of the rest of the family.

And yep, I have made the point that they should be spayed and neutured, and will be sure to make it clear that I am not gonna do this for him every time.

FMZ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit