Culling and Hunting.... your opinions?

by FMZ 84 Replies latest social physical

• Valis
    Valis

Hmmm...hey kitty killer...go tell that bastard to buy some live traps and take care of his own problem..Unless of course my suspicions are to be confirmed and you are a kitty killing meanie..BTW, I prefer drownin my kitties...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Too cute

Hi

awww Please dont FMZ...

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

One more because I love kittys.

Halloween Cat

• Badger
    Badger

lol...are you guys trying to pull an Operation Rescue on our Friend?

"He vas only vollowink orders..."

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

Why do we feel the need to have to control everything?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Stefanie! OMG!! I cannot believe someone actually outlined that poor cat's ANUS in black!!! That's disgusting!!!

ROTFLMOAO!!!

• shotgun
    shotgun

FMZ

We always had cats around when I grew up, sometimes when they got sick, spewing blood or something we would put them down. Usually one of my brothers with a shotgun and then we'd bury it. My oldest brother was visiting when I was about 12 and we needed to have a cat put down but we loved it too much to do it, he volunteered and took the cat and our.22 behind the house. Gun goes bang he walks back one minute later and says all done but I won't bury the thing.

I go back and it's not dead, our pet is doing somersaults and bouncing around like crazy, I had to finish it off with a piece of wood and then bury it.

I've shot alot of different things in my life but cats did not make the list. Can't you catch them all and let them go in bethel, I'll help!

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

LOFL........... sunnygal I just noticed that......Now I cant stop laughing..................

Its not my kitty, I got the picks off of google....lol

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster

There are so many directions that I could go with this I don't even know where to start.

• xenawarrior
    xenawarrior

I live in Wisconsin and our deer population is a real problem.

Last year we had more than 1.4 million deer in Wisconsin. And although automobile accidents are high - it's not the only concern with the deer over-population here. In 2002, in Wisconsin there were 20, 480 deer-automobile accidents in Wisconsin. Many fatalities and a huge bill to pay for damages etc.

The other problem is for the farmers. Farmers are hit hard and 91% of wildlife damage to their crops is attributable to the deer population.

There are parts of the state that have certain crops the deer love !! Just take a drive down in the southwestern part of the state-cranberry country. If you do-drive VERY SLOWLY because the deer are EVERYWHERE.

Another problem that isn't really addressed too often is the upset to the whole natural system. There are birds that have disappeared from this area because the plants they rely on are eaten by the deer before they can grow. They are also literally "eating away" certain species of plants while at the same time helping the overgrowth of other plants that aren't so great- that they don't fancy so much.

However, on the Menominee Indian Reservation, deer can be hunted year round. Their forest is rated one of the most productive and healthy and it's also one of the safest places to travel by car.

With the loss of natural predators and the increase in mild winters and plenty to eat- Just more deer. Our deer hunting season doesn't even put a dent in the overpopulation.

My 2 cents from the north where "just" the deer roam.

XW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit