Culling and Hunting.... your opinions?

by FMZ 84 Replies latest social physical

• FMZ
    FMZ

D'oh! Trust me to cross post my little joke just as you post that you are against it Stef...

I am quite open to discussion... as this is a forum (designed to discuss)... My point with the above request is that we focus on the facts of killing and culling rather than my moral standards.

Thanks either way though Stefanie, and I respect your opinion.

FMZ

• FMZ
    FMZ

Once again Watson, I agree. I am upset that he has let it get this far by now.

Stefanie... yes I did... hehe... I took that one while I was bored at work.

FMZ

• nilfun
    nilfun

FMZ is a-going kitten huntin' ?

Seriously though, I wonder why your buddy can't clean up his own messes. I hope your buddy decides to simply drop them off at a shelter and vow never to make such a mistake again.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I don't have a problem with hunting, and do it occasionally myself. Since the spring bear hunt was cancelled here in Ontario some years back the population has increased, and we now have too many bears that are underfed. They've become much more aggressive, and break into cottages in some areas.

If the cats were fixed it wouldn't be a problem, but hindsight's great. I saw some cats here in Toronto that were probably turned out long ago, and looked half starved. They were looking for food in a dumpster and as I got close they just about went wild. Are these cats you're talking about approachable? If so they could be given away if someone wants them. Otherwise, distasteful as it may be, they may need to be shot. You may want to give your friend an asskicking while you're at it.

• Badger
    Badger

I'm pro hunter....the cat thing, though, would give me the creeps. But, it would be for the best.

Hunter's aren't necessarily bloodthirsty. If you just wanted to kill things, you could open a Poultry farm and kill chickens by the hundreds.

• moonwillow
    moonwillow

So you or someone else keeps killing for you buddy because he doesn't get around to taking care of his cats???????????????

This just isn't right no matter how you look at it!

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

Of course he should have nutered them in the first place.

Now he should cut a deal with the shelter and get them all nutered and place the ones you don't have room for - if they aren't too wild......

......If they are too wild - there are some things that a man just does and doesn't talk about.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

I think it depends on the area of the country you live in. Here in the concrete jungle of Southern California very few people do it, very few people own guns, or at least hunting guns anyway. Now when I lived in Kentucky things were a little different. Almost every home I visited had a gun above the doorway. One time a deer got hit on the road by our house and my uncle sent my cousin and myself to go "put her out of her misery." My cousin was 15 with a gun. He shot her while I covered my eyes and cried like a girl is supposed to. They cooked up rabbit that they had shot and a deer as well, not the same one on the road. Of course I opted for corn dogs instead. I personally do not care for guns or hunting. I understand it if you live in a rural area, but as a SPORT I think it's wrong.

Bottom line is: regardless of whether you're killing it in the woods, or ordering it in the resturant, you're still eating a dead animal and it had to die somehow.

Chevy of the 'loves her hamburgers and Bambi' class

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

So Chevy...what you're saying is he should have to eat the cats he kills.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

yes, THAT's exactly my point..... FMZ I have some wonderful recipes for some Cat pie if you're interested, it tastes just like Mince Meat pie.

P.S. tell your friend he should watch more The Price is Right "This is Bob Barker reminding you to help control the pet population, have your Cat Spayed or Nutered"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit