What 'exactly' changed in Adam when he sinned?

by gumby 297 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Schizm
    Schizm

Gumby,

Do you have any evidence at all that people could live forever simply by eating the right food?

Just that it seems quite reasonable. People who eat properly generally fair better health-wise. We can eat ourselves into an early grave by eating too much of something that simply tastes good

Jack Lalane eats perfect. He has been dying since the day he was born and will continue to do so till he's dead. Perfect food has nothing to do with mans aging. I can't believe you see it this way Chism.

Gumfounded

It's quite obvious that you haven't been keeping up with all that I've said in this thread. You replied to a matter before you'd heard all of what had been said. That ain't too smart, Gumby. One would think, that since you are the one that authored this thread, that you'd have kept abreast of its contents. I'm not going to hold your hand and walk you through all the things you missed. If you're interested enough, you'll go to the trouble to look back over my comments.

Schism

• Schizm
    Schizm

AlanF,

I'll be dog-goned (pun intended) if it doesn't look like you have allowed me to get under your skin.

Which is good! ... as long as it doesn't cause you to have a heart attack ... because you do need a heart, O heartless one.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Schizm:
    He's probably hoping you don't have a brainstorm.....

• gumby
    gumby

Schizm,

I read your statements you said I didn't read....and guess what? After I read them.......they still seem silly! The only thing I missed was that you said .."they had been eating of the fruit till god stopped them". That's what was REALLY funny.

So, in order for man to live forever......he was dependent on a fruit eh? How long was Adam supposed to eat this fruit? What if he wanted to move somewhere else and there was no tree like that? Was that the ONLY tree? Did all mankind have to eat from this one tree.....or was he allowed to clone a few and scatter them around so people didn't have to travel too far to get their life fruit?

So basically your saying a fruit tree was gods avenger of wayward children. If your bad.....no fruit, and you die.

I think you should start your own religion with this concept. You could call yourself "the fruitcakes".

Gumby

• Valis
    Valis

Getting into a Gumbrawl eh?

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• AlanF
    AlanF

You may well be right, Abaddon. But you know that I tolerate fools badly.

Schizm, your getting under my skin is about as significant as a flea getting under an elephant's. I'll simply ignore you from hereon in, as I do the other morons I come in contact with. What irritates me most is that I badly misjudged you at first.

AlanF

• Schizm
  • Schizm
    Schizm

AlanF,

I'll simply ignore you from hereon in....

I'll appreciate you doing that.

Schizm

• Schizm
    Schizm

Gumby,

I read your statements you said I didn't read....and guess what? After I read them.......they still seem silly!

But you don't specify a reason for your thinking that my statements "seem silly" to you. Why is that? Because you want to keep it a secret? Because you really don't know why, you just do? Actually, Gumby, I think if you really did think my statements were "silly" then you wouldn't be so hesitant to explain how that's the case. I don't really believe that you can do that. Want to try proving me wrong?

(a) So, in order for man to live forever......he was dependent on a fruit eh? (b) How long was Adam supposed to eat this fruit?

(a) That's correct.

(b) For as long as he wanted to live. In other words, forever.

What if he wanted to move somewhere else and there was no tree like that? Was that the ONLY tree? Did all mankind have to eat from this one tree.....or was he allowed to clone a few and scatter them around so people didn't have to travel too far to get their life fruit?

The Revelation account speaks of gobs and gobs of these trees.

So basically your saying a fruit tree was gods avenger of wayward children. If your bad.....no fruit, and you die.

That's sort of an odd way to put it, but yeah you're basically right.

I think you should start your own religion with this concept. You could call yourself "the fruitcakes".

That's real nice of ya to say that, Gumby.

Schizm

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Schism, I answered your question.

When will you have the decency to respond to mine?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit