Do You Think George W. Bush Will Be Re-elected??

by minimus 143 Replies latest social current

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

the difference is the type of weapons used, but even aside from that the intent was genocide, point blank. That in itself is a crime.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

they will bring the true story to the public? which is what? that kerry was hardly injured in the last battle and did not really deserve the 3rd purple heart? how does this compare with bush who simply stayed at home and didn't do anything?

For starters, John O'Neill who served with Kerry wrote a piece in today's WSJ. Highlights include:

"Like John Kerry, I served in VIetnam as a Swift Boat commander. Ironically, I served much of our time, a full 12 months in my case and a controversial 4 months in his, commanding the exact same six-man boat...which I took over after he requested early departure. Despite our shared experience, I still believe what I believed 33 years ago--that John Kerry slandered America's military by inventing or repeating grossly exaggerated claims of atrocities and war crimes in order to advance his own political career as an antiwar activist. His misrepresentations played a significant role in creating the negative and false image of Vietnam vets that has persisted for over three decades.

During my f1971 televised debate with John Kerry, I accused him of lying. I urged him to come forth with affidavits from the soldiers who had claimed to have committed or witnessed such atrocities. To date no such affidavits have been filed. Recently, Sen. Kerry has attempted to reframe his comments as youthful or "over the top."

John Kennedy's book, "Profiles in Courage," and Dwight Eisenhowers "Cursade in Europe" inspired generations. Not so John Kerry, who has suppressed his book, "The New Soldier," prohibing its reprinting. The book repeats John Kerry's insults to the American military, beginning with its front-cover image of the American flag being carried upside down by a band of bearded renegades in uniform--a clear slap at the brave Marines in their combat gear who rais our flag at Iwo Jima.

How can a man be commander in chief who for over 30 years has accused his "Band of Brothers," as well as himself of being war criminals? On a practical basis, John Kerry's breach of loyalty is a prescription of disaster for our armed forces.

Today, America is engaged in a new war, against the militant Islamist terrorists who attacked us on our own soil. Reasonable people may differ about how best to proceed, but I'm sure of one thing--John Kerry is the wrong man to put in charge."

I think Kerry and the US would have all have been a lot better off if he had just stayed home.

• Realist
    Realist

black,

grossly exaggerated claims of atrocities and war crimes in order to advance his own political career as an antiwar activist.

i believe that any second!

PS: the rest of the story is disgustingly patriotic.

rev,

the difference is the type of weapons used, but even aside from that the intent was genocide, point blank. That in itself is a crime.
    a) what makes killing by gas worse than killing with phosphor or napalm bombs? b) what supports the claim that this was intentional genocide? was the US bombing of hanoi intentional genocide? hussein was ruthless but i find it more than problematic to portray every enemy as the personification of satan. the propaganda follows this same scheme over and over again and the people fall for this nonsense every time.
  • RevMalk
    RevMalk

ok, we'll turn a blind eye to this sort of thing worldwide and all will be fine, right?

• Realist
    Realist

rev,

ok, we'll turn a blind eye to this sort of thing worldwide and all will be fine, right?

not at all! but saddam is portrayed as demonic mass murderer while the US and others can do similar things and get away with it.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

I think even John Kerry could explain the drastic differences in the bombing of Hanoi and the attack directed at the Kurdish civilians.

• Realist
    Realist

rev,

perhaps you can explain it!

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Wow, I envy all you Dems who can call Bush a "Moron" or post pics with negative political viewpoints without "pushing it." Hope this pic is acceptable...

• amac
    amac

Is Cheney still alive?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Hope this pic is acceptable...

As a bed pan or a bird cage liner, yes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit