Do You Think George W. Bush Will Be Re-elected??

by minimus 143 Replies latest social current

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Slap Nixon for Hanoi? Why? We should have continued to pulverize not only Hanoi, but also Laos and Cambodia...the whole reason Vietnam became a "quagmire" is because we wouldn't fight the darned war...how in God's name can you defeat an enemy without attacking it's headquarters and it's supply routes?

Ah yes, fine christian warrior Yeru. When you find yourself in a war you shouldn't be in, kill 'em all indescriminately, women and children too. And I thought I was unsentimental.

• Simon
    Simon
    war crimes are war crimes no matter who commits them

Unless you refuse to sign up for the treaties and the world court of course

Yeru: More and more you come across as an extremist. I hope you don't really believe the things you come out with.

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny
    I'm convinced that you started shouting "SERVES YOU RIGHT" when the WTC got hit Realist.

That's such a rotten thing to say. Just because people don't like American foreign policy and don't like Bush doesn't mean they are glad to see people die. Jeesh.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk
    Slap Nixon for Hanoi? Why? We should have continued to pulverize not only Hanoi, but also Laos and Cambodia...the whole reason Vietnam became a "quagmire" is because we wouldn't fight the darned war...how in God's name can you defeat an enemy without attacking it's headquarters and it's supply routes?

I was joking Yuro

Simon:

Why in the hell should we sign up for the world court? If we do something wrong, the world can come and do something about it, we don't need to submit our men and women to rulings of any court that we ourselves don't control. I commend our President for standing his ground on that note!

Rev

• Realist
    Realist

rev,

in principle i agree of course that criminal dictators should be removed. And i am far from being sad about husseins removal (although i think working together with him would have been way more productive that would have kept the religious nuts under control). I have however serious doubts that helping the kurds etc. in iraq was bushs/US gov. motive for the war. The US gov. has sided with too many mass murderers and committed too many attrocities in the past itself to believe that it suddenly cares about human rights. And the whole WMD lie plus the oil deals etc. makes it painfully obvious what bushs actual concern was in iraq.

PS: about your second post: that the US does NOT sign up for the international court is exactly the kind of double standard that makes the US gov. completely unbelieveable and untrustworthy.

in your previous post you had said war criminals are war criminals no matter who committs the crime. what happened to that standard???

yeru,

We should have continued to pulverize not only Hanoi, but also Laos and Cambodia

hmmm and hussein is a war criminal because he bombarded the kurds? how does all of this fit together in your shrinking universe???

how in God's name can you defeat an enemy without attacking it's headquarters and it's supply routes?

so hundreds of thousands of dead civilians as colateral damage is OK if it is committed by the US but 3500 dead kurds as colateral damage is a war crime? on what do you base these judgements? it seems what ever the US does is good to you and whatever the declared enemy does is evil. you are a drone yeru...nothing but a drone.

I'm convinced that you started shouting "SERVES YOU RIGHT" when the WTC got hit Realist.

actually i did not. i was as shocked as everyone else. after all we could see the top of the towers from our windows. that doesn't mean i have to agree with the bullshit that followed afterwards.

it was interesting, in the first couple of days PBS brought a series of excellent programs about bin laden and what the probable cause for the attacks against the US was. What bin laden demands, why the arabs hate the US etc. Very informative. But after one week everything was set to gov. line. The arabs were now said to be envious of the freedom in the US etc. the whole BS propaganda.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

a) what makes killing by gas worse than killing with phosphor or napalm bombs? b) what supports the claim that this was intentional genocide? was the US bombing of hanoi intentional genocide? Realist, you truly don't get it. You don't see the difference between fighting a war to protect what freedoms we have, and the intentional murder and torture of innocent civilians. War casualities will always happen, and hopefully they they will not include innocent civilians--but we know it happens and we try to minimize it. Terrorists TARGET innocent civilians to make their point. They murder pregnant women and children, the murder planeloads of innocent people and buildings housing innocent people. If you can NOT comprehend the differnce, then you simply are denying that the terrorism really exists. "hussein was ruthless but i find it more than problematic to portray every enemy as the personification of satan. the propaganda follows this same scheme over and over again and the people fall for this nonsense every time. I realize you are a hussein apologist, but lets get the facts out on the table. It is the network of terrorsts who have termed the US and its western allies as the 'personification of evil." The "infidel." Who have stated they would not rest until we are destroyed and our way of life obliterated. Did you even listen to any of the Al Q videos? Do you deny he said these things? I suppose you just think Bush should have sat down an negotiated just how much of our evil capitalistic society, how much of our religious, ethnic, and racial tolerance, how much of our freedom for women, we would be willing to surrender to make the terrorists happy with us and the world all warm and fuzzy again.

• Realist
    Realist

black,

Realist, you truly don't get it. You don't see the difference between fighting a war to protect what freedoms we have,

which war was faught to protect the freedom of the US citizens?

and the intentional murder and torture of innocent civilians.
    what are we talking about here? the gassing? the gassing took place during a war battle between iran and iraq!

Terrorists TARGET innocent civilians to make their point. They murder pregnant women and children, the murder planeloads of innocent people and buildings housing innocent people. If you can NOT comprehend the differnce, then you simply are denying that the terrorism really exists.

indeed there is a difference. (although i doubt the victims care whether they were killed by a terrorists bomb or a fredom fighters bomb).

but then again, the US did terror attacks on many cities in the world. Their noble cause was to pressure the respective country into surrendering. this is exactly what terrorists do.
    I realize you are a hussein apologist, but lets get the facts out on the table.

i am setting the record straight about hussein nothing more nothing less.

It is the network of terrorsts who have termed the US and its western allies as the 'personification of evil." The "infidel." Who have stated they would not rest until we are destroyed and our way of life obliterated. Did you even listen to any of the Al Q videos? Do you deny he said these things?

hmmm are we talking about hussein or bin laden? you seem to (con)fuse the two into one person!
    I suppose you just think Bush should have sat down an negotiated just how much of our evil capitalistic society, how much of our religious, ethnic, and racial tolerance, how much of our freedom for women, we would be willing to surrender to make the terrorists happy with us and the world all warm and fuzzy again.

??? so you actually still believe that the terror attacks happened because bin laden and the arabs dislike the US freedoms and the rights that woman enjoy in the US? unbelievable!

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

which war was faught to protect the freedom of the US citizens?

For starters, all of them. Start with the American Revolution. WWII, to stop a maniac. Certainly the war on terror. How can people be free when they're likely to be blown to bits on their own soil by crazy fascists who don't care who they murder. Who themselvees are willing to die while they blow up innocent people to make a point.

I know you seem to chalk everything up to "evil economics" and figure the big corporations are behind everything, war included. It's hard for you to fathom that people who value freedom so much, as americans do, are willing to sacrifice to maintain it.

and the intentional murder and torture of innocent civilians.
    what are we talking about here? the gassing? the gassing took place during a war battle between iran and iraq! Talking about TERRORISM. That's what we HAVE been talking about. Saddam's well-estbalished terrorism, 9/11, attempts at mass genocide... You always like to get back into "technicalities" when your arguments become so vapid. indeed there is a difference. (although i doubt the victims care whether they were killed by a terrorists bomb or a fredom fighters bomb). The differnce is this: I don't give a sh*t about the terrorist victims who get blasted. I don't shed a tear for Sadaams son's. I don't shed a tear for the suicide murderers of 9/11, but I do shed many tears for those innocent civilians who died in 9/11, and for those people on one of the planes who actually showed incredible bravery, knowing they were about to die, but trying to protect other people and their government. As I said, no one in their right mind thinks war is some picnic. People die, unfortunately including civilians. But you seem to attempt to try to brand all forms of violence as the same, and always from the victim's POV whether they are innocent victim's or vicious unfeeling terrorists.

but then again, the US did terror attacks on many cities in the world. Their noble cause was to pressure the respective country into surrendering. this is exactly what terrorists do. What in god's name do you think a war is? When war is declared, of COURSE we want to win and win quickly. You really do not seem to get the entire concept of war, you don't seem to perceive a difference in violence of terrorists and of war, and most unbelieveably of all, you constantly defend the Arab violence against the Jew and the violence against the US as "deserved" Arab's don't like they way we behave. I'd be concerned if your reasoning and implications were not so ridiculous. As it is, I'm just getting bored.
    It is the network of terrorsts who have termed the US and its western allies as the 'personification of evil." The "infidel." Who have stated they would not rest until we are destroyed and our way of life obliterated. Did you even listen to any of the Al Q videos? Do you deny he said these things?
    hmmm are we talking about hussein or bin laden? you seem to (con)fuse the two into one person! I'm talking about TERRORISM. Islamofascism. People who house, harbor, and encourage the illegal development of biological, chemical and nuclear weapons for purposes of terrorism. People who have used these tactics in the past. People who violate UN agreements continuously. All have expressed their intense hatred of the US and our way of life.
    ??? so you actually still believe that the terror attacks happened because bin laden and the arabs dislike the US freedoms and the rights that woman enjoy in the US? unbelievable!
    Oh, you're right. How silly of me to think that people who demonstrate such intense opression of women and dissenters would actually not like the freedoms in the west. Long before the war, the Taliban and other Arab nations began oppressive rules that disallowed any influence from the west, from the clothes they wear, to their ability to practice other religions. They saw the western culture as a dangerous, insidious force that was infiltrating into their populations and threatening their control, political, social and cultural. This has been building for years. And, again, I assume you heard the tapes of Osama bin Laden. Where is it that you DIDN'T find him to call the US the "infidel?" You didn't mention that when I asked you. You seem to think things just all boil down to the US "taking sides" with Jews and doing other things that made them "mad." If the US just apologizes (like the Jews) and stops "taking sides" then the entire Arab world will be happy and stop being mean. I feel like I'm talking to my 3 year old. Everybody play nice and get along. Neither the Arab culture, and CERTAINLY not terrorists are that simple.
  • Realist
    Realist

black,

you are not listening to what i actually say and what the discussion is about. there is no point in continuing this.

• RevMalk
    RevMalk

haha, that's why they say not to discuss politics and religion with friends....

But then I guess that'd cut about 80% of this site out wouldn't it?

Rev

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit