Wasn't Saddam ousted for doing precisely this sort of thing?

by Simon 398 Replies latest social current

• FMZ
    FMZ

lmao @ Eman threatening to lock one of Simon's threads because he can't behave... 'tis a funny old world.

I am just wondering about the actual point of this thread. Moreso the title than the content. Yes, Saddam was ousted for doing things like this, but on a scaled of thousands and millions. In just the same way, these people will be ousted from their positions. Case closed. Yes, I agree that they made a big mistake. I didn't see where they killed anyone, so I'm not sure agree they should be shot. A whole nation cannot be judged just because of a few people's actions. It wouldn't surprise me if certain people on this thread thought that all muslims enjoy crashing planes into buildings.

I will reserve any comment on Minimus's post reduction, as that is Simon's prerogative.

FMZ

*edited to add - "I really don't know what your problem is (well, I do ... I'm just too polite to say)" WTF is that supposed to mean? *

• Englishman
    Englishman

Minimus,

I've locked several of Simon's threads before. It doesn't bother me any more than it bothers him. I'm not locking this one yet. Too much has been said to just file it away.

Englishman.

• Realist
    Realist

the whole thing tells us once again that every society has its fair share of severely deranged people who enjoy mistreating or killing others. during extreme times such individuals always drift to the top especially in the military.

• minimus
    minimus

deleted

• Simon
    Simon

This thread is not going to be locked. deleted

If you disagree, then refute what is said.

All you are doing is trying to twist this into "oh, it's just anti Americanism". Bollocks. It's anti-THUG. deleted

• FMZ
    FMZ

deleted

FMZ

*edited to add - (Man I wish I think of these things in the first place) I don't feel this thread should be locked. I also don't think Minimus's previous thread should have been locked. Such is the way of life *

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    Other mods stay out please

No problem.

However, could we all calm down just a little? Else words will be said that will later be regretted.

I'm out.

Chris

• Simon
    Simon

Perhaps the POINT of this thread is to show that contrary to some views expressed, not every soldier in an American uniform is a paragon of virtue, a brave defender of liberty and a crusader to truth and justice. They are just like everyone else - the same mix of good and bad, no better, no worse. Same as every other country, UK included.

Perhaps the point is because I want to voice my outrage at what is going on while Mr President tries to pretend everything is rosy.

deleted

• FMZ
    FMZ

I'm calm as a summer night on the beach baby! Just differences of opinions is all. We are all different, that's what makes life so interesting.

FMZ

• FMZ
    FMZ

/me pinches Simon's ass and tells him to chill out.

Just a thread dude, just a thread.

FMZ

And BEFORE this gets edited.... the pinching was not an act of violence Eman, merely a playful gesture to make light of a situation in which people are getting a little too serious about themselves

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit