Wasn't Saddam ousted for doing precisely this sort of thing?

by Simon 398 Replies latest social current

• Xena
    Xena

Gee Simon I'm sorry we didn't line them up and shoot them like you wanted....we just figured cause you got all pissy about us invading Iraq without waiting for the ok from the UN we would try your route this time and do it all legal like...*sigh* but you don't like that either do ya? No pleasing some people apparently....

No one here is showing approval for what those US soldiers did, regardless of the spin you would like to put on it Simon.

• Simon
    Simon

No, you are just criticising someone who has voiced some disapproval & outrage at what has been done.

I really don't know what your problem is (well, I do ... I'm just too polite to say)

• Xena
    Xena
    I really don't know what your problem is (well, I do ... I'm just too polite to say)

Trust me the feeling is entirely mutual.

• core
    core

Showing outrage at the treatment of prisoners is not anti-american - why do so many Americans rush to label criticism as being "anti-american" ?

Same flawed logic as in UK politicians brand those with genuine concerns regarding immigration as "racist" (until yesterday that is and Tony B spoke common sense - unusually for him)

Are the Iraqi people better of now that under Saddam - as Bush says (in summary of his words) - "most of Fallujah is operating normally and is peaceful" - what planet is the man on?

BTW must be said some of the (many I hope) Troops from whatever country are genuinely helping the people of Iraq - their "colleagues" who perpetrate war crimes damage the good name and reputation of the many

• minimus
    minimus

Yeah Simon----Blame it on the Jews! We Americans have learned from the Israelis. Where did you get that idea from---some poster that you deleted because of his bias against the Israelis?

You've cut my posting to 20, huh? For disagreeing with YOU? You are the very personification of the JWs. If we dare to disagree, we are barred, censured or worse. Shame on you Simon!

• Xena
    Xena
    Showing outrage at the treatment of prisoners is not anti-american - why do so many Americans rush to label criticism as being "anti-american" ?

No it isn't...it's the snide comments about how things are being handled that makes one wonder about the motive of this thread. Is it genuine outrage at the treatment of the prisoners? Unlike Simon, who constantly states that any concern shown by an American posters to the plight of the people in Iraq is fake, I would be willing to concede there is concern for the prisoners dispite the jubilation he shows at finding fault with the US and it's treatment of this matter to date.

For the record I will again state that what these men did was brutal, it was wrong and it deserves to be punished. I am ashamed as an American of their conduct. I am proud however of the soldiers who stood up and said "NO" to this type of thing.

• Englishman
    Englishman

OK!

Now, all of you cut it out!

Be nice, or this gets locked.

Minimus, don't worry about it, it can be dealt with later.

I'm gonna watch this like a hawk. Other mods stay out please until I decide I've had enough. Jesus wept, ain't a mods life tricky enough without all this horse shit?

Englishman.

• Xena
    Xena

lol e-man, I'll give myself a spanking to save you the trouble

• Englishman
    Englishman
    lol e-man, I'll give myself a spanking to save you the trouble

Youi'll have to wait until I've finished with Simon! Englishman.

• minimus
    minimus

Eman---I dare ya. Lock Simon's thread! Maybe HE'LL do the right thing and apologize for his behavior and lock his own thread and calm down. He's too defensive. (Worse than me).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit