Powerful Lines from Powerful Movies

by dh 41 Replies latest jw friends

• franklin J
    franklin J

"marry Susan Johnson and CHEAT with the "nobody" from Queens" from the movie "ARTHUR" with Dudley Moore and Liza Minelli, circa 1981

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

"Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani"

The Passion of the Christ

• Badger
    Badger

"The horror....the horror..."

• shotgun
    shotgun

Clint Eastwood in Forgiven......... ''No one deserves to die''...... Boom shoots Gene Hackman

Fredrick Franz in.. One Flew over the cuckoo's nest..."You can't handle the truth" ...............ok I made that one up

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

"Since this is a 44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, you have to ask yourself: Do I feel lucky? Well do you punk?"--Clint Eastwood in Dirty Harry.

• Fleur
    Fleur

"what does god need with a starship?" (captain kirk, star trek 5, a horribly bad movie but a good theory. what does god need with anything we have, it he/she/it does exist? it certainly shouldn't need cash donations.)

" KEATING
    No Mr. Overstreet, it wasn't just "guys",
    we weren't a Greek organization, we were
    romantics. We didn't just read poetry,
    we let it drip from our tongues like honey.
    Spirits soared, women swooned, and gods
    were created, gentlemen, not a bad way to
    spend an evening eh? Thank you Mr. Perry
    for this trip down amnesia lane. Burn that,
    especially my picture."

Dead Poets society

and a personal favorite of mine: from pirates of the carribean;

" Will : You didn?t beat me. you ignored the rules of engagement. In a fair fight, I?d killed you.

• Fleur
    Fleur

ahhh it cut off my post: take 2:

for some reason this message board doesn't like jack sparrow. pity! i can't get the text to show.

maybe tomorrow it'll like him, and me better...

----------

trying this once more...

Jack sparrow:

Then that's not much incentive for me to fight fair, then, is it?

Now, as long as you?re just hanging there, pay attention. The only rules that really matter are these ? what a man can do and what a man can?t do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man or you can?t. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so you?ll have to square with that someday.

Now, me, for example, I can let you drown but I can?t bring this ship into

• Dan-O
    Dan-O
    and Jack Burton (Kirt Rusell) goes:

I liked it when he said "Hey don't worry, I can handle it. I took something. I can see things no one else can see."

Otherwise, consider this from The Princess Bride: "Life is pain. Anyone who tells you otherwise is selling something."

• carefully faded
    carefully faded

"Wow, that's weird . . . not "weird" weird, but "exciting" weird" - Breakfast Club

CF

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

woody allen in sleeper...after he wakes a hundred years later from being in some sort of a state of suspended animation. He says something like "You mean to tell me all my friends are dead, how could that be--they all ate brown rice"...

Was really a funny line back in the day when brown rice was considered a longevity food.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit