Powerful Lines from Powerful Movies

by dh 41 Replies latest jw friends

• justhuman
    justhuman

MATRIX 1 WHEN NEO TELL WHAT HE WILL DO WHEN HE HANG UP THE PHONE

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

The first quote on this thread almost sounded like this one:

"'Lo, there do I see my father. 'Lo, there do I see my mother, and my sisters, and my brothers. 'Lo, there do I see the line of my people, back to the beginning. 'Lo, they do call to me. They bid me take my place among them in the halls of Valhalla, where the brave may live... forever."

Viking death chant, from "The 13th Warrior"; also sounds real kool with Jerry Goldsmith scoring the scene.

• Mary
    Mary

"I'm gonna make him an offer he can't refuse" - The Godfather

"You're gonna need a bigger boat" - Jaws

"Hasta la Vista, baby" - Terminator 2

"Today's the day Judah" - Ben Hur

"I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Star Wars

"Iceburg right ahead!" - Titanic

"This.......this is two more lives right here." - Schindler's List

"Yankees in Georgia! How did they ever get in?!" - Gone With the Wind

"Well, at least I didn't use a spoon" - Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves

"'Mankind'.......that word should have new meaning for all of us today." - Independence Day

"Mommy's very angry" - Jurrasic Park II

• kaykay_mp
    kaykay_mp

Big Trouble in Little China:

"You're breaking my heart, a$$hole."

that old dude with the lazy eye said it, damn, i can't remember his name.

(beating head against desk.)

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

I'd like Frank Shirley, my boss, right here tonight. I want him brought from his happy holiday slumber over there on Melody Lane, with all the other rich people, and I want him brought right here with a big ribbon on his head. And, I want to look him straight in the eye and I want to tell him what a cheap, lying, no good, rotten, floor-flushing, low-life, snake-licking, dirt-eating, inbred, overstuffed, ignorant, blood-sucking, dog-kissing, brainless, dickless, hopeless, heartless, fat-ass, bug-eyed, stiff-legged, spotty-lipped, worm-headed, sack of monkey sh** he is! Hallelujah! Holly Sh**! Where's the Tylenol?

Chevy Chase as Clark W. Griswald in "National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation"

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

Kaykay, the old guy is Egg Shen. BTW I think what they might be going for is 'egg spirit' in Chinese.

• ApagaLaLuz
    ApagaLaLuz

My favorite is from Jurassic Park (that's right) When Jeff Goldblum gives an illustration of if you put a frong in to a pot of boiling water it will immediately jump out, but if you put a frong in a pot of gold water and let it gradually heat up it will die instead of jumping out. This line has always stayed with me and has been influencial in desicions I've made with my life

• Octavia
    Octavia

Alice in Wonderland:

"Oh, we're all mad here... you may have noticed.... I'm... not... all... there... myself"-Cheshire Cat

"All ways here are the QUEEN'S WAYS" -Queen of Hearts.

"Who are you?" -Smoking Catapilar

• Markfromcali
    Markfromcali

"Man, you come right out of a comic book!" -Williams in Enter the Dragon

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Spoken by Elwood Blues , when it seem that the band were going to walk out and go home

"You may go if you wish.
    Remember this: Walk away now and you walk away from your crafts, your skills, your vocations; leaving the next generation with nothing but recycled, digitally-sampled techno-grooves, quasi-synth rhythms, pseudo-songs of violence-laden gansta-rap, acid pop, and simpering, saccarine, soulless slush. Depart now and you forever separate yourselves from the vital American legacies of Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Willie Dixon, Jimmie Reed, Memphis Slim, Blind Boy Fuller, Louie Jordan, Little Walter, Big Walter, Sonnyboy Williamson I (and II), Otis Redding, Jackie Wilson, Elvis Pressley, Lieber and Stoller, and Robert K. Weiss.

Turn your backs now and you snuff out the fragile candles of Blues, R&B, and Soul, and when those flames flicker and expire, the light of the world is extinguished because the music which has moved mankind through seven decades leading to the millenium will whither and die on the vine of abandonment and neglect"

Blues Brothers 2000

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit