Powerful Lines from Powerful Movies

by dh 41 Replies latest jw friends

• dh
    dh

another one i remember, grace on carlitos way.

'I had a dream, but now I'm awake and I hate my dream.'

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

The most powerful movie line, to me, was when Wyatt Earp was finally drawn into being a law man in Tombstone, Arizona. He was finally upset about the Claontons, and he was at the end of his rope. He got so upset that he was hunting down the men that killed his brother at the OK Corral. He (Kurt Russell) said: "YOu called down the thunder, now you got it. The law is coming. You tell them I am coming.. .. and Hell is coming with me. You hear?? Hell's coming with me!"

<sigh> I love cowboy movies.

CG

• oscar
    oscar

ARE YOU TALKING TO ME! Deniro in Taxi Driver most famous movie line in the world.

• DocBob
    DocBob

You have meddled with the primal forces of nature, Mr. Beale! And I won't have it! Is that clear?

You think you've merely stopped a business deal. That is not the case. The Arabs have taken billions of dollars out of this country and now they must put it back! It is ebb and flow--tidal gravity--it is ecological balance.

You are an old man who thinks in terms of nations and peoples. There are no nations. There are no peoples. There are no Russians. There are no Arabs. There are no Third Worlds. There is no West! There is only one holistic system of systems, one vast and immane, interwoven, interacting, multivariant, multinational dominion of dollars. Petrodollars, electrodollars, multidollars, reichmarks, rheims, rubles, pounds and shekels.

It is the international system of currency which determines the quality of life on this planet. That is the natural order of things today. That is the atomic and subatomic and galactic structure of things today! And you have meddled with the primal forces of nature!

And

you ... will ... atone!

NETWORK , Paddy Chayevsky (1976)

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

"We have such sights to show you."

"Don't cry. It's a waste of good suffering."

Pinhead - Hellraiser

"Look. It's beautiful." the drug dealer from Bringing Out The Dead, as he was impaled on a balcony railing and the medics that were cutting him free were using a torch, and it was burning him and the sparks were pouring out across the New York City nightscape.

CZAR

• FMZ
    FMZ

"This... is my BOOMSTICK" Evil Dead 3 - Army of Darkness

• CaptainSchmideo
    CaptainSchmideo

"I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. C-beams glittering in the dark by the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time.....to die....."

Roy Batty-Blade Runner

• nilfun
    nilfun

Let me tell you something, Mark. You humans, most of you, subscribe to this policy of an eye for an eye, a life for a life, which is known throughout the universe for its... stupidity.

I wanna tell you something Mark, something you do not yet know, that we K-PAXians have been around long enough to have discovered. The universe will expand, then it will collapse back on itself, then will expand again. It will repeat this process forever. What you don't you know is that when the universe expands again, everything will be as it is now. Whatever mistakes you make this time around, you will live through on your next pass. Every mistake you make, you will live through again, & again, forever. So my advice to you is to get it right this time around. Because this time is all you have.
    -K-Pax

• edge3
    edge3

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here... this is the War Room!" :O) - from Dr. Strangelove

• Badger
    Badger

"We have to go back out there...if we don't, we'll lose more than just a game."--Pele in Victory

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit