Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have the Only True Religion

by Theocrat 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

XQ's your deep cynicism was born within the society in which you were raised. Though you mistrust their paper theology, which wavers with the stroke of a pen, they do seem to have convinced you of a few of their pet theories. One which is, no matter how bad they are, the rest of Christendom is worse.

I suspect there are many youth like you within the society. That is too bad. Outside the confines of the WT paper prison, there are ethical people who strive to make a difference. There are ideals worth fighting for. The sun still shines on a green earth full of promise.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

3- The most outstanding mark of true Christians according to John 13:34, 35 is that they have real love among themselves. They are not taught to think that they are better than people of other races or skin color. They aren't taught to hate people from other countries. So they do not share in wars.

Tell an elder in your hall that you are posting and reading on this website and see how quickly the above quote is applied to you.

• heathen
    heathen

It looks like theocrat the great WTBTS "dumpster diver " couldn't argue any of the points by any one . We all just needed to be put in "our place " while he goes off and brags how blind we are to these bible "truths " that he was so kind to serve with such humility . Looks like we are doing nothing but presenting the facts that we already knew to each other .

We're calling you and whatever dub that wants an arguement out on this . LET's Rock , in the words of al bundy .

• undercover
    undercover

I'm hoping that he followed the link to the UN site and had his eyes opened to the hypocrisy of the WTS and its affliation with a political power. I'm hoping that his absence means that he is heavily researching the new things made available to him and that he will be back, not to warn us of our wicked ways but to find comfort and solace after being lied to for however long he was loyal to the WTS.

• dustyb
    dustyb
    5- According to Matthew 6:9 the true religion must also honor God's name. Jesus made God's name, Jehovah, known to others. True Christians must do the same.

i thought there was a difference between honoring god's name (whatever it is, yahweh or jehovah or what-the-f**k-ever) and taking over his name....

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

Maybe thats why you can't pronouce it he sent in a well built muscular, but gereatric angel to find his name change it, and fake its death. "You have been erased." Remember all "By preaching we can save our selves, and others."

• Corvin
    Corvin

Whoops! I can't believe I missed this one.

7- Jesus' disciples must be no part of this wicked world, as stated at John 17:16. They do not get involved in the world's political affairs and social controversies. They avoid the harmful conduct, practices, and attitudes that are common in the world.

This following is straight from the official JW site: http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/society.htm

Jehovah's Relationship To Society Witnesses are found at all levels of society, and they do not physically separate themselves from those who do not share their beliefs. They live, work, and go to school with people of different religious beliefs, and they enjoy cordial relationships with them. Jehovah's Witnesses follow Jesus' example of being "no part of the world" by avoiding the unchristian prejudices and controversies that divide mankind today. Although not ascetics, they avoid being excessive in the pursuit of wealth, pleasure, or prominence.?John 17:15, 16; 1 John 2:15, 16.
    Neutrality Following the examples set by Jesus and first-century Christians, Jehovah's Witnesses do not share in the politics or wars of any nation. Their stand of Christian neutrality is well documented in history. They firmly believe that they must "beat their swords into plowshares" and not "learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4) At the same time, Jehovah's Witnesses recognize the authority of nations to raise armies and defend themselves, and they do not interfere with what others choose to do.?

. . . well documented. THEY JOINED THE UN AS AN NGO, Theocrite, and that is also well documented. They lie, and you are carrying on the lies for them. You are a sucker, like I was, like we all were.

• heathen
    heathen

corvin is right . They sold their soul for a library card and I also understand they have stocks in satans war machine , rand cam or something like that .

• L_A_Big_Dawg
    L_A_Big_Dawg
    1- Jesus started one true Christian religion. After the Christian arrangement had been established for some time, the Apostle Paul under inspiration further showed at Ephesians 4:4, 5 that there must be just one body, or group, of true worshipers of God. Plus, Jesus taught us at Matthew 7:13, 14 that only a few people are on the narrow road to life.

Christian arrangement? What is that exactly? After all Peter and Paul didn't quite see eye-to-eye on associating with Greek Christians. Where and how could there be one "true organiztion" in the 1st century? They had none of the modern devices such as newspapers, radios, television, internet, etc. The individual church pastor was responsible for what was taught. Look at the Timothy and Titus letters. Though similar they deal with separate issues. Though the churches where harmonious in their core beliefs, they had special issues that had to be dealt with. I don't see a homogenous Org. in the NT church.

2- The Bible foretold at Matthew 7:15, 21-23 that after the death of the apostles, wrong teachings and unchristian practices would slowly come into the Christian congregation. And Acts 20:29, 30 show that men would draw away believers to follow them instead of Christ. That is why we see so many different religions that claim to be Christian, but that doesn't mean that they are all acceptable ways to God.

So why did C.T. Russell start another sect?

3- The most outstanding mark of true Christians according to John 13:34, 35 is that they have real love among themselves. They are not taught to think that they are better than people of other races or skin color. They aren't taught to hate people from other countries. So they do not share in wars.

Sorry, this is the phoniest arguement of all. In WW2 there was an evil that needed to be dealt with. The world dealt with it. The War was against an idea not a religion. No place for JWs to hide on this. I'm a CHristian and I don't hate persons just because they come from another country. In fact, I don't hate people in general at all. To hate someone, to me,means that I have personal knowledge of waht they have done...ergo I have hate for Adolph Hitler, Josef Stalin, Pol Pot, etc. But for peopl I don't know? No, I don't hate them. I may dislike their political, religious, or personal views but I don't hate them.

4- Another mark of true religion is that its members have a deep respect for the Bible. They accept it as the Word of God and believe what it says. They treat God's Word as being more important than human ideas or customs, as Jesus stressed that importance at Matthew 15:1-3, 7-9. They try to live by the Bible in their everyday life. So they do not preach one thing and then practice another.

And how does the Watchtower show it's respect for the Bible? By deliberately mistranslating John 8:58 and Col. 2:9, just to name two verses. As far as human customs? Let's look at the JWs customs. No blood transfusions? Come on! Even the strictest Hasidic Jews accept blood transfusions. Preah one thing and practice anoer? Yeah right!! THe WT is actively protecting child molesters, and have covered-up their membership in the UN.

5- According to Matthew 6:9 the true religion must also honor God's name. Jesus made God's name, Jehovah, known to others. True Christians must do the same.

Acts 1:8 "...and you shal be witnesses of Me [Jesus]...." Acts 8:35 "And Phillip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him." Acts 11:26 "...and the disciples were first called Chistians at Antioch." These are just three examples of many that demonstrate the preemince of Jesus, not Jehovah in the NT church. I didn't even look at the Epistles. I will if you like.

6- True Christians must preach about God's Kingdom. Jesus did so. He always talked about the Kingdom. At Matthew 24:14 and 28:19 he commanded his disciples to preach this same message in all the earth. That Kingdom is the only thing that will bring true peace and security to this earth

OK, let see if we missed something here. DO you actually read history? DO you realize that it was 18th century missionaries, that established a number of churches in China? and this is long before C.T. Russel was on the scene. How about Luther, Calvin, Hus, Edwards, et al. What did they do? Just whistle Dixie? This statement clearly illustrates your ignorance of history in general and Christian history in particular.

7- Jesus' disciples must be no part of this wicked world, as stated at John 17:16. They do not get involved in the world's political affairs and social controversies. They avoid the harmful conduct, practices, and attitudes that are common in the world

Sorry, but Paul said that Christians are to be in subjection to the rulers. One point though, Paul had no clue about modern democracy. Where the rulers govern with the consent of the governed. We have the right and responsiblity to put in power those leaders that reflect our values. As far a controversy goes? Well, as long as people exist there will always be a number of opinions on how to do something. Avoiding practices? Like what? Child molestation? Or perhaps shielding molesters from laws instituted by Divinely ordained governments (Rom 13:1-7)? Or perhaps hypocrasy, as the WT loves to brand all other religions? Well, it's the WT that has labeled the UN as "the Anti-Christ" and yet the WT has had a membership with it.

So Theo, please re think your post. Or at the very least get yourself educated as to what Christianity is all about. Perhaps you will find as I have, that is, what Jesus and the rest of the NT writers say about Christianity is a far cry from what is taught at the platforms of the KH throught the pages of the WTS publications.

• Jonty Parkin
    Jonty Parkin

"Whether you're a doubter or another agitator, just look at what the Bible says:"

Hmmm... and if I use the freedom with which I have been so generously endowed by the loving heavenly Father, to choose not to accept what the bible says, that kind of renders the rest your long-winded "argument" (and I use the term loosely) rather ineffectual, doesn't it?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit