Do Jehovah's Witnesses Have the Only True Religion

by Theocrat 96 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

*wipes unclean things off Theocrats chin*

Aren't you supposed to not be talking to people who know what you know, but don't believe you know everything, Theocrat?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

They avoid the harmful conduct, practices, and attitudes - how do you work that one out

Eh? They protect pedophiles

• undercover
    undercover
    3- The most outstanding mark of true Christians according to John 13:34, 35 is that they have real love among themselves. They are not taught to think that they are better than people of other races or skin color. They aren't taught to hate people from other countries. So they do not share in wars.

But they are taught to think that they are better because of their religion though. All non-JWs are viewed as wicked, evil, demonic, worldly. All non-JWs will die at Armageddon unless they become a JW. JWs cannot associate with non-JWs without repurcussions. How is this showing real love?

• Gopher
    Gopher

Any group that claims that only they (and no others) speak for a Creator has committed the sins of arrogance and pride. Especially if they have a history of continually changing their doctrines (as if what the Creator told them before was somehow incorrect).

• Valis
    Valis

Morons overlook Luke 9:49 every time!...No way out of what Jebus has to say there for them!....bwahahahahah..

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

- The Bible foretold at Matthew 7:15, 21-23 that after the death of the apostles, wrong teachings and unchristian practices would slowly come into the Christian congregation. And Acts 20:29, 30 show that men would draw away believers to follow them instead of Christ. That is why we see so many different religions that claim to be Christian, but that doesn't mean that they are all acceptable ways to God.

How so absolutely true - the WTBTS claims to be Christian but that does not as you put it so well mean ----------- that they are acceptable ways to God.

wrong teachings and unchristian practices -such as disfellowshipping and re-instatement -- brothers have literally to beg for re-instatement -- now read the parable of the prodigal son and see what THE SCRIPTURES SAY

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

wow... well I have to say that your list narrows things gown to a few thousand christian cults... can you be a bit more specific?

• kls
    kls

Theocrat, you better take a seat you gunna be here a while. You come up against the best and you might be looking kina foolish very soon.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

3- The most outstanding mark of true Christians according to John 13:34, 35 is that they have real love among themselves. They are not taught to think that they are better than people of other races or skin color. They aren't taught to hate people from other countries. So they do not share in wars.

not taught to think that they are better than people of other races or skin color. - no but they are taught they are better than people of other religions ands they will look down their noses at them -- I have seen it many times with my own eyes

• jgnat
    jgnat

Hmmmm, it would take me a few months to get through all these assumptions. Let's start with the first one. I just did a global search in several English translations for ANY scripture with the phrase "True Christian" in it.

None

Nada

So, Theo, what would be the scripturally backed term, if there is such an animal, as a "True Christian". With references, please. And the greek equivalent.

Thank you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit