Realist, On Israel

by Yerusalyim 95 Replies latest social current

• little witch
    little witch

Remove the word republican, and Lw will agree with Plum! BS to be sure however.

XQ, do you have any idea at all what you are speaking of? Here is a favorite quote of mine that you could benifit from IMO...

"Better to remain silent and let people think you a fool, than to open your mouth and prove it".

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

not meaning to get off topic but,

"The Pianist" was on last night. I watched it for the first time. I must say it left me feeling like I should prick my finger with a stick-pin and squeeze out what little German blood I have in me. However my great grandfather was a decent man. But knowing how thousands behaved while under Hitler is embarrassing to the human race.

• Realist
    Realist
    "The Pianist" was on last night. I watched it for the first time. I must say it left me feeling like I should prick my finger with a stick-pin and squeeze out what little German blood I have in me. However my great grandfather was a decent man. But knowing how thousands behaved while under Hitler is embarrassing to the human race.

well great that you feel ashamed of your ancestors because of a hollywood movie!

disregard the fantastic contributions that germany made over a thousand years in cultur, science and so on!

bravo i say!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Realist,

An era like Nazism can make meaningless other contributions, especially considering how prevelant anti-semetism still is in Europe.

Most Germans are indeed wonderful people, but there are still many many racists there too.

I'm ashamed for the human race.

• Realist
    Realist

yeru,

i find it silly to be overly proud of ones heritage since one has nothing contributed to it. one simply cannot pick ones ancestors. equally idiotic is it to be ashamed for ones ancestors because of what some individuals in a huge population have done.

if germans have to be ashamed of their heritage than so do americans, russians, japanese, chinese, british, french, and so on. no major country is free of committed atrocities.

I'm ashamed for the human race.

i was very tempted to agree with it. but rationally speaking there is no reason to be ashamed. human do what they do. it would be just as silly to be ashamed for what lions do.

• little witch
    little witch

Plum,

I just saw that movie too! From the studies of the Warsaw Ghetto that I have read, it is rather on the mark, whether or not this paticular account was fictional or not.

It was a very moving film. Realist, did you see the picture? Have you studied at all the Historical events of Warsaw? You seem rather dense as to what is properly portrayed and what is not.

• Realist
    Realist

little witch,

i am quite familiar with WWII. so i suggest you despense with the personal insults.

• little witch
    little witch

ahhh....dense and overly-sensitive...

Was no personal insult, was a personal question. One that you should be able to answer, given that you are posting your thoughts and opinions to the public.

I personally felt that what you said to Plum was insulting, thus my question to you. Insult? No. Query into your statement? Yes.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Realist I read your comments to me and come away with the impression you have very deep issues so I will not be insulted, especially since what I said obviously went over your head anyway.

• Realist
    Realist

witch,

i did not see this particular movie. let me know if it had something new in it that was not already protrayed over and over again in the other holocaust movies.

plm,

i will not let you get away with insulting part of my ancestry with your comments about germany.

especially since what I said obviously went over your head anyway

hardly!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit