Why I think Bush is scary

by Simon 126 Replies latest social current

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Its a plot between Bush and Blair to get the midleeast to blow itself up. Bush funds Pakistan Blair funds India and they have at it.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

""Well that's just great ThaiChi , go ahead and stir up more suspicion ..... ""

Lol, Can you just address the facts? Can't you at least admit, for good reason, that the search may take some time? What is wrong with that?

• ThiChi
    ThiChi
    I don't know if you heard about this, because it has not been widely reported. Terrorists linked to Al-Qaeda were poised to detonate a chemical bomb in the heart of Amman, Jordan, that would have killed 20,000 people and contaminated a large area. King Abdullah praised Jordan's intelligence service for foiling a crime never before seen in the kingdom of Jordan. The target was a headquarters of the general intelligence department on a hill in Amman.
    ""King Abdullah was to be in America to meet with President Bush, but decided not to come because of this threat. Where this story gets interesting is that King Abdullah of Jordan says that the vehicles carrying these explosives, the chemical bomb, were smuggled over the border from neighboring Syria. Syria is denying this, but these are weapons of mass destruction.

Syria is a transit point for weapons of mass destruction. The whole subject of where are the weapons of mass destruction remains a focal point of mine. It remains an area of heightened curiosity, because I do not believe that they have been destroyed. I do not believe that Iraq never had them. I think Iraq had them. I think Iraq was working on them. I don't think the world's intelligence agencies are as woefully incompetent and bad and inept as the whole weapons of mass destruction issue would lead us to believe.

There are some things missing from buildings in Iraq, and there's too much speculation out there about how some of this stuff can be miniaturized and transported out of the country easily. Syria is an obvious place, and many people I respect have pointed to the Bekaa Valley as a place as well. We're not going to invade Syria any time soon to find out, but this is the second example of weapons of mass destruction-type coming out of Syria.
    Now, they had to get to Syria somehow. I just want to keep your mind open to the possibility that these weapons of mass destruction from Iraq are somewhere, and they've not been destroyed. They haven't just vanished into the ether, and I'm going to make a prediction to you that all of the liberals and critics of the president who have harped on this and jumped on this have once again jumped the gun. They are a little premature here because we don't know yet what, if anything, did happen to those weapons of mass destruction, despite knowing that they did exist. So keep your hats on and don't be surprised down the road what is learned at some point.

Yellow cake uranium has been found at junk yards in Rotterdam and that's exactly what Iraq was looking for. This stuff could have been disbursed over the years to any number of places, and if you think that an Al-Qaeda related group is going to blow up Amman, Jordan with weapons that were procured from Syria, if you think that Al-Qaeda is not related to what all was going on in Iraq, and the Middle East, then you are engaged in blindness or wishful thinking. That is the position of the left, and that's why they can't be trusted to be placed in a leadership position.""
  • RevMalk
    RevMalk

Tuesday, Apr. 20, 2004 11:43 PM EDT

Lab Tests Could Link Saddam's Missing WMDs to Jordan Plot

Laboratory tests on the poison gas smuggled from Syria into Jordan by al Qaeda terrorists earlier this month could determine whether their weapons came from Iraq, intelligence expert John Loftus said Monday.

"What they captured was a poison gas that consisted of several chemicals to be mixed together," Loftus told nationally syndicated radio host John Batchelor. "This has to be a poison gas of what they call the G-series; Sarin, Somin, Taubin and VX."

The terrorism expert noted that, "VX is the only kind of nerve gas where the chemicals could be safely mixed together in the field."

On Saturday, Jordanian officials announced that they had seized WMD components from the cars of the al Qaeda terror plotters, which had been intercepted just 75 miles from the Syrian border. Experts said that had the WMD plot succeeded, it could have killed 20,000.

Jordan's King Abdullah confirmed that the al Qaeda vehicles had come from Syria,

Noted Loftus:

"Syria dopes not make VX nerve gas - only Saddam Hussein did. So it looks as if now that Israeli intelligence and British intelligence were right - that Syria did indeed get a hold of Saddam's weapons of mass destruction just before the war."

Loftus said lab tests of the al Qaeda weapons would be key to establishing a link between the WMDs found in Jordan and Saddam's missing stockpiles of chemical and biological weapons.

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    Yahoo! News Wed, Apr 21, 2004
    Search New for Advanced
    News Home
    Top Stories
    U.S. National
    Business
    World
    Middle East
    Europe
    Latin America
    Africa
    Asia
    Canada
    Australia/Antarctica
    Most Popular
    Entertainment
    Sports
    Technology
    Politics
    Science
    Health
    Oddly Enough
    Op/Ed
    Local
    Comics
    News Photos
    Most Popular
    Weather
    Audio/Video
    Full Coverage

Full Coverage
    More about
    Jordan
    Related News Stories
    ? Jordan's King Abdallah Snubs Bush at ArabNews (Apr 21, 2004)
    ? Arab ally snubs Bush amid 'unprecedented hatred' for US at The Guardian (UK). (Apr 21, 2004)
    ? Jordan police kill three suspected terrorists in shootout AFP via Yahoo! News (Apr 20, 2004)
    Opinion & Editorials
    ? Times of divergence at Jordan Times (Apr 21, 2004)
    ? A king's view at San Francisco Chronicle (Apr 19, 2004)
    Feature Articles
    ? Jordan's Snub to Bush Is Tip of Iceberg Reuters via Yahoo! News (Apr 20, 2004)
    ? In Jordan, Refugees Cling to Hope at The Washington Post (registration req'd) (Apr 16, 2004)
    Related Web Sites
    ? King Abdullah II
    ? King Abdullah
    ? H.M. Queen Noor of Jordan

News Resources
    Providers
    · AP
    · AFP
    News Alerts
    · Osama bin Laden
    · Iraq
    Services
    · Daily Emails
    · Free News Alerts
    News via RSS
    Middle East - AP
    AP Jordan Said to Kill Four Terror Suspects
    Tue Apr 20, 3:39 PM ET

By JAMAL HALABY, Associated Press Writer

AMMAN, Jordan - Police on Tuesday shot and killed four suspected terrorists who were believed to have planned to detonate a bomb that would have flattened a large part of Jordan's capital, security officials said.

AFP/File Photo

Working on a tip, police stormed a hide-out in east Amman where the suspects had been hiding, the police said in a statement carried by the official Petra news agency.

Police later evacuated people from homes nearby and at least three police snipers took positions on rooftops nearby, security sources said on condition of anonymity.

A security official told The Associated Press that the four killed were believed to have links to a terrorist group that had plotted to attack the prime minister's office and Jordan's secret service with a powerful chemical bomb. The official spoke to the AP on customary condition of anonymity.

About 2 1/2 hours after the shootout, police fired several volleys of tear gas at an apartment building where the suspects had been hiding and at two other buildings in the same predominantly Palestinian district of Hashemi.

An Associated Press photographer at the scene saw police handcuff and beat three men who left the one-story white brick building before taking them away in a police car. It was not immediately clear who they were or if they were involved in the shootout.

The bomb plot was disclosed earlier this week and was said to have been foiled last month.

Had the bomb exploded, it could have killed at least 20,000 people and wrecked buildings within a half-mile, government officials have told the AP.

The group is also believed to have planned to attack the U.S. Embassy and other diplomatic missions with poison gas, government officials have said. Police uncovered the plot late last month and arrested most of its members in two raids.

In Tuesday's shootout, police called for the suspects to surrender, but they responded with gunfire, the statement said. The incident took place at 2:20 p.m. in Hashemi, the statement said.

"Information made available to security authorities pointed to the presence of an armed group which had plotted to carry out terror attacks," the statement added.

Three of the four men killed were foreigners, according to police.

It was not immediately clear how many suspects were involved in the shootout and if any escaped.

The government said that in the earlier sweeps that uncovered the bombing and chemical plots, police arrested an unspecified number of suspects and seized at least three cars filled with explosives and detonators. It said the suspects and their cars had entered Jordan from Syria, which denied the allegation.

Several of the terror suspects arrested last month confessed that the plots were hatched by Jordanian militant Abu-Musab al-Zarqawi, thought to be a close associate of al-Qaida boss Osama bin Laden ( news - web sites ).

U.S. officials have offered a $10 million reward for al-Zarqawi's capture, saying he is trying to build a network of foreign militants in neighboring Iraq ( news - web sites) to work on al-Qaida's behalf.

Twenty-two Arab men were convicted in a terror plot that targeted U.S. and Israeli tourists in the 2000 millennium celebrations in Jordan.

Jordan, a moderate Arab nation with close ties to the United States and a peace treaty with Israel, has been targeted by bin Laden and other groups

• Farkel
    Farkel

blacksheep,

: : We want a guy who will fight to keep our oil prices HIGH!!

Of course we want that! How DARE Kerry pick on someone who wants to make a deal to lower them there oil prices. How UNPatriotic of George Bush! George Bush is so anti-American that he DARED to try to negotiate with Saudi Arabia to lower gas prices in America! Hell, lower gas prices could RUIN our economy, and moreover, Bush should be tried as a traitor for getting cheaper gas at our pumps.

I sound like Kerry. Screw Kerry.

Farkel

• heathen
    heathen

Let's see if I got this right , You still think there are WOMD in Iraq even after I've watched UN inspectors destroy huge amounts of it ? Well it just looks to me like you would believe anything the Bush administration says . You go right ahead and vote for him . I hear he even has the inside track with God , so I imagine you can't go wrong . blech

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

I didn't read where anyone said "there are" still more WMD in Iraq but I do recall reading some opinions that lean toward the optomistic side or expressed more willingness to be open minded about the situation. In the long run being more open minded usually does prove to be the most benificial.

• Michael3000
    Michael3000
    Of course we want that! How DARE Kerry pick on someone who wants to make a deal to lower them there oil prices. How UNPatriotic of George Bush! George Bush is so anti-American that he DARED to try to negotiate with Saudi Arabia to lower gas prices in America! Hell, lower gas prices could RUIN our economy, and moreover, Bush should be tried as a traitor for getting cheaper gas at our pumps.

I sound like Kerry. Screw Kerry.

Sorry, Farkel - you're way off-base here. The point is, it's illegal and an impeachable offense for the Prez to discuss war strategy (stratagery, if you're W) with a foreign national. He should have been taking to, oh I don't know, his National Security Advisor, or his Secretary of State - NOT to a Saudi prince.

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Sorry, Farkel - you're way off-base here. The point is, it's illegal and an impeachable offense for the Prez to discuss war strategy (stratagery, if you're W) with a foreign national. He should have been taking to, oh I don't know, his National Security Advisor, or his Secretary of State - NOT to a Saudi prince.

You obviously are not aware of the facts. This has nothing to do with WAR strategy. The accusation was that Bush was allegedly making a "secret deal" to reduce oil prices right before the election. The funny thing was Prince Bandar has discounted the "accusation." He pointed to his working with prior admins/presidents to reduce oil prices--even back to Carter. He said it was an effort to pull the US out of the "malaise," essentially of the economic disaster that characterized Carter's whole administration. Again, much ado about nothing.

I think it just shows the pathetic, desperate attempts the left is become to reduced to in their attempts to regain control.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit