Why I think Bush is scary

by Simon 126 Replies latest social current

• Michael3000
    Michael3000
    Beyond that, the "company line" you seem to be spewing is the liberal crap that has no other effect than to undermine our nation. You think it's cute to subvert our country, to take sides with terrorists.

Yep, Ladies & Gentleman - Blacksheep has TOTALLY BOUGHT THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION'S CRAP STORY - HOOK, LINE AND SINKER.

How is it "undermining our nation" to want to work for peace? Or justice? Hmmm...

• Simon
    Simon

Farkel. That is a blatent Straw Man argument.

"Look, I suggest that you would support Hitler and thus show how supporting enyone but Bush is silly"

I would expect that your political process would weed out extremists 'like' hitler and prevent them being candidates in the first place (mind you, Bush got in ... )

• minimus
    minimus

I hate to admit it but I'm with Farkel on this one. (Simon, Farkel's putting it right to you with a good point and that's what your response is?)

• blacksheep
    blacksheep

Yep, Ladies & Gentleman - Blacksheep has TOTALLY BOUGHT THE BUSH ADMINISTRATION'S CRAP STORY - HOOK, LINE AND SINKER.

Given the fact that you obviously haven't got a clue about the who "secret gas deal," thinking instead the Bush was "sharing war strategies" with OPEC crowned Princes, you're crediblity is at about zero.

Besides, what do attempts to reduce oil prices have to do with "working for peace?"

You're all over the board, ready to latch on to anything, ridiculous or not, to undermine US efforts.

• Simon
    Simon

There isn't anything really worth responding too. It's just a poor trick masquerading as an argument.

Have I suggested that Hitler would be better than Bush? No.

So, what do I really have to respond to?

I suggest reading "Straight and Crooked Thinking" that explains things like "Straw Man" arguments.

• minimus
    minimus

'Because Bush has been an abysmal failure I think John Kerry would be a better president'???? Respond to that.It sounds like you're saying anyone would be better than Bush.......I don't think Bush has been an abysmal failure and if you look at the waffling Kerry, what has he done in Massachusetts that's so great? Nothing that I can think of. For what it's worth, I personally know a number of State House senators and representatives and no one that I've talked to think highly of Kerry. A few of them even wanted William Weld, the governor that ran against him to beat him because they felt he really did nothing for the state except ride Ted Kennedy's coattails.

• Simon
    Simon

I think Bush has been a failure and in years to come when things are in proper perspective we will see that the diplomatic incompetence is probably the worst ever. Really, to turn the outpouring of world sympathy after Sep 11 into the most intense hatred of America ever is some achievement. But not a good one.

I do think Kerry would be better. It would be hard to be worse and the fact that you have to resort to comparisons with Hitler to find someone worse does, I think, demonstrate just how bad he is.

What is needed is a President to give the average guy on the street a leg up and a share in the countries wealth because right now you are getting ripped off and conned into believing that it's *a good thing*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit