Why I think Bush is scary

by Simon 126 Replies latest social current

• Simon
    Simon

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/4767542/

In Woodward's portrait, President Bush is single-minded, and possibly simple-minded, in his resolve. He seems to have relied more on divine guidance than the considered opinions of his top advisers. Bush told Woodward that as he approached the final decision to go to war, "I was praying for strength to do the Lord's will ... I'm surely not going to justify war based on God. Understand that. Nevertheless, in my case I pray that I be as good a messenger of His will as possible."

How different is he from some leader on the other side who claims to be doing the "will of allah" or whoever?

At a private meeting, Rumsfeld polled his top generals and advisers to ask how long the war would take. The estimates ranged from seven days (Deputy Secretary of Defense Paul Wolfowitz) to about a month (Gen. Richard Myers, chairman of the Joint Chiefs).

Seems he's not the only nut in the basket though! (Seven days ... good grief)

In his interview with Woodward, conducted over two days in December of last year, Bush displayed no second thoughts about Iraq's postwar miseries or the failure to turn up any WMD. "I haven't suffered doubt," he told Woodward. When the author?quoting Bush's political adviser Karl Rove?suggested that "all history gets measured by outcomes," Bush "smiled," reports Woodward. " 'History,' he said, shrugging, taking his hands out of his pockets, extending his arms out and suggesting with his body language that it was so far off. 'We won't know. We'll all be dead'."

I think history will judge him harshly. In 30 years time when our kids are paying the price of his gung-ho cowboy politics, we'll probably look back and shake our heads.

• sf
    sf

Hey Simon...

BOO!

Seriously though, Woodward will be on CNN-Larry King tonight @9pm Eastern time.

If you can't tune in, I'm sure it will be on the site for your viewing pleasure.

sKally

• Dan-O
    Dan-O

I think an out of control bush can be scary, too. I'm all for shaving, waxing, trimming ...

• gespro
    gespro

Hmmmm, bushwackers?

• sf
    sf

Well, that was interesting, to say the least. And that's what I'm saying on it for now...the least.

Friday night he will be on Larry King again. Tomorrow Hilary Clinton will be guest.

sKally

• SYN
    SYN

Ashcroft is much scarier than Bush. He has this fanatical gleam in his eye that gives me the shivers!

• William Penwell
    William Penwell

Former Treasury Secretary Paul O?Neill, in Ron Suskind?s The Price of Loyalty, revealed that Bush intended to go to war against Iraq from the day he entered office. The White House dismissed him as a kook and initially claimed that O?Neill stole classified documents, a charge it was later forced to retract.

Richard Clarke, former counter-terrorism director under three presidents--including George Bush--revealed in his book, Against All Enemies, in an interview on 60 Minutes, and in testimony before the 9/11 Commission that Bush & Co. showed far less interest in al Qaeda than in Saddam Hussein. Even after 9/11, when Bush was told that Osama bin Laden, not Saddam Hussein, was the culprit, he still demanded that Clarke find evidence that Iraq was involved. The White House rolled out all its big guns to smear Clarke?s reputation and Republican Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist went to so far as to accuse Clarke of perjury.

Now, with the publication of Bob Woodward?s Plan of Attack, the Bush Regime has run out of excuses and run out of lies. Why? Because Woodward wrote his book with the full cooperation of the White House and Bush, himself. Bush and his gang of ideological neoconservative bunglers have hanged themselves with their own words.

http://www.interventionmag.com/cms/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=716

• heathen
    heathen

I agree with simon. I thought the clinton administration was going to get in deep poo poo with the bosnia situation and I think this one tops that by a pretty big margin and we don't have any evidence that it will end any time soon because of the hatred those arabs have for the west mostly based on religion . Who can blame them for hating the crappy christians in the world ? Bush is no more serving God than the muslims are .

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

Head for the mountains....BUSH!

• Farkel
    Farkel

simon,

: I think history will judge him harshly. In 30 years time when our kids are paying the price of his gung-ho cowboy politics, we'll probably look back and shake our heads.

If you think you have a better alternative, then please step up to the plate and make your case.

It's one thing to bash a world leader for his faults, real or imagined. It takes a lot of effort and thinking to suggest a replacement for him or her.

Whom do you suggest we should replace Bush with, Simon? And please state why your replacement would be better. We are eager for facts. It's obvious you hate Bush, and I'm ok with that. I respect your right to freedom of thought. But, if we Americans have to replace Bush with someone better, we'd better know who that someone better is, and WHY someone better can do a better job.

I think John Kerry is a liar and lower than pond scum and I can show why. Since he's the only alternative and since GB and the USA will have to live and cope with the next US president, I hope you can do a bit more about posting your thoughts than just bashing Bush: because if you and the Bush-bashers in this Country get their way, we get Kerry. What does he ACTUALLY have to offer my Country and OUR World? He won't say.

Since it is EITHER Kerry OR Bush and since you hate Bush so much, please tell we informed Americans why YOU want Kerry. (He's' the only alternative, you know.) If you DON'T want BUSH, you get Kerry. So, tell us why Kerry is a better choice for we voters than our current President.

I humbly await your reasoned answer.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit