My last post will be on 4/22/04

by Brownboy 144 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Valis
  • Rabbit
    Rabbit

BB:

I guess I just bring out the best in people...............

He posted this today. This represents another LIE. He can't help himself. "This will be my last posting." His words over a month ago and many new posts and a new thread. BB, Please Explain to me why you continue to LIE...you have ignored the simple question for weeks. Inquiring minds want to know !

• avishai
    avishai

BB, You still have'nt answered why you are practicing divination.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy

Avishai,

When I learn what divination is, I will respond.............let me research.

Brownboy

• avishai
    avishai
    Div`i*na"tion\, n. [L. divinatio, fr. divinare, divinatum, to foresee, foretell, fr. divinus: cf. F. divination. See Divine.] 1. The act of divining; a foreseeing or foretelling of future events; the pretended art discovering secret or future by preternatural means.

There shall not be found among you any one that . . . useth divination, or an observer of times, or an enchanter. --Deut. xviii. 10.

Note: Among the ancient heathen philosophers natural divination was supposed to be effected by a divine afflatus; artificial divination by certain rites, omens, or appearances, as the flight of birds, entrails of animals, etc.

2. An indication of what is future or secret; augury omen; conjectural presage; prediction.

Birds which do give a happy divination of things to come
    of false prophets (Deut. 18:10, 14; Micah 3:6, 7, 11), of necromancers (1 Sam.
    28:8), of the Philistine priests and diviners (1 Sam. 6:2), of Balaam (Josh.
    13:22). Three kinds of divination are mentioned in Ezek. 21:21, by arrows,
    consulting with images (the teraphim), and by examining the entrails of animals
    sacrificed. The practice of this art seems to have been encouraged in ancient
    Egypt. Diviners also abounded among the aborigines of Canaan and the
    Philistines (Isa. 2:6; 1 Sam. 28). At a later period multitudes of magicians
    poured from Chaldea and Arabia into the land of Israel, and pursued their
    occupations (Isa. 8:19; 2 Kings 21:6; 2 Chr. 33:6). This superstition widely
    spread, and in the time of the apostles there were "vagabond Jews, exorcists"
    (Acts 19:13), and men like Simon Magus (Acts 8:9), Bar-jesus (13:6, 8), and
    other jugglers and impostors (19:19; 2 Tim. 3:13). Every species and degree of
    this superstition was strictly forbidden by the law of Moses (Ex. 22:18; Lev.
    19:26, 31; 20:27; Deut. 18:10, 11

You are using numbers to "divine" what is going to happen, a.k.a. numerology. This is strictly prohibited in the bible. Hell, I could'nt even have a joke dartboard w/ yes/no/ maybe etc. on it as a JW because it was a form of divination.

• shamus
    shamus

Seriously delusional!

• crinklestein
    crinklestein

A bit late for me but...Why wait until 4/22 to leave? If you're pissed about something why not leave now? Unless you have to allow a timeframe to garner sympathy.

• Flash
    Flash
    I guess I just bring out the best in people...............

Your probably not a bad guy, just don't come off like your the smartest one in the room.

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow
    If you're pissed about something why not leave now? Unless you have to allow a timeframe to garner sympathy.

He didn't want to seem like an idiot for saying "I'm leaving" only to reply and argue more on this thread. I've noticed that most people who put up a "I'm leaving" thread usually always come back anyway.

• Brownboy
    Brownboy
    BB, You still have'nt answered why you are practicing divination. [Avishai]

Avishai, you definitely have a good point for discussion. This information below is taken from dictionary.com

But beyond these various forms of superstition, there are instances of divination on record in the Scriptures by which God was pleased to make known his will. (1.) There was divination by lot, by which, when resorted to in matters of moment, and with solemnity, God intimated his will (Josh. 7:13). The land of Canaan was divided by lot (Num.26:55, 56); Achan's guilt was detected (Josh. 7:16-19), Saul was elected king (1 Sam. 10:20, 21), and Matthias chosen to the apostleship, by the solem lot (Acts 1:26). It was thus also that the scape-goat was determined (Lev.16:8-10).(2.) There was divination by dreams (Gen. 20:6; Deut. 13:1, 3; Judg. 7:13, 15; Matt. 1:20; 2:12, 13, 19, 22). This is illustrated in the history of Joseph (Gen. 41:25-32) and of Daniel (2:27; 4:19-28).

There are scriptures that tell us to look for signs in order to identify the end times. We are also instructed to calculate numbers in order to identify the wild beast. (Matthew 24:3), (Revelations 13:18). I don't look for omens, or signs out of superstitious beliefs. I only look for signs that tell me of the events taking place that might be in fulfillment of prophecy. I have taken notice of the events that have happened to me personally, and have noticed that they coincide with events taking place in, what I believe to be, fulfillment of prophecy. Therefore, I feel like I am not acting contrary to bible teaching by practicing forbidden divination. Thank you for this valuable information. I will take care not to practice forbidden acts. Brownboy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit