To Dubs and Newly Ex-Dubs

by Farkel 45 Replies latest jw friends

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Like sunspot and hapgood, it never occured to me for a second to ever "fudge" my report.

I was totally astonished while on this site to discover many were just making up time and / or finding really creative ways to "count time". Perhaps astonished is not the best word.

I was flabbergasted. Here I was, all this time being totally honest, while others were fudging the numbers, perhaps doctoring the reports to the point where their "diligence to the preaching work" made them candidates for promotion to MS or eldership. All the while, old dumb dave here toiled along with my 3 - 5 hours per month, and paying for my literature twice, and feeling inadequate and "spititually weak".

With regards to the literature. I would say the hard cover fiction novels are rarely discarded, because of their "perceived" value.

My guess is only 10% of the weekly rags remains in anyone's hands for long. And they will eventually find their way to the trash heap. Really who keeps their W&A magazines for ever? So you could say that fully 99% of the W&A magazines end up in landfill.

That would make the WTBTS one of the largest corporate polluters in all the world. ( I doubt many jw's recycle unless forced to.). Does the WTBTS itself recycle? Does it use recycled paper, and natural inks at it's factories? And each week how many trees are destroyed to print a magazine that has no more intrinsic value than a roll of toilet paper?

Oh that's right JW's don't have to care about the planet. Big J guy, and his little j sidekick, are going to clean all that up after that "Scorched Earth" plan they're waiting to unleash on us poor unsuspecting non JW's.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

Hm,

I actually was honest about the time I reported - although how I gathered it together was occasionally a little sketchy - I'd start my time by dropping off a mag, keep it running through the fld svc mtg, because I felt that it was unfair for my time to suffer if I HAD to go to the meeting - going out on your own was discouraged.

I'd pick up an unbaptized kid and periodically ask him what Jehovah's name was on the way to the donut shop.

I'd have return visits and drive from one end of the territory to the other tracking them down - what a waste of time and fuel money.

CZAR

• bem
    bem

I have magazines dating back to antiques that I inherited from older friends in truth.Our local congregation has pioneers that I see when say I leave home" way over here on this side of area much later... see them way over there going over mountain. Its obvious we learned creativity I just thought we were the only ones doing it.Always Hoping I could make it up to J&j.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Great feedback, folks! Thanks! Keep them coming if there is anyone else left to step up to the plate.

To Minimus:

I offer my peace and best wishes to you. May we engage in some future battle again over whatever! Our rights of free speech and expression are not abridged. That being the case, we can ARGUE stuff!

I offer my best wishes to you and your family, Minimus and remain your humble friend and servant always.

Farkel, who has lately been reading too much of Thomas Jefferson and his 18th Century gentleman ways, and who has begun to be "corrupted" by those gentle ways way back then. Shit.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

And you made the big 6,000!

OOps, sorry, we don't want to fudge the figures!!!!!

Well done, Farks! Ya know, I'm getting all warm and mellow inside!!

I hope Unc knows about this!

Cheers, Ozzie

• SYN
    SYN

I was as meticulous with my Time Report slips as an Enron accountant!

And I never, ever placed a book. Managed to shove a few magazines into people's hands, but that was about it...

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Things aren't much different in Queensland, SYN!!!

Ozzie

• zev
    zev

interesting.

reflecting back on my stay in the cult.....

i had over the years reduced my account in the kingdumb hall magazine counter to a mere 2 copys of the witchpower, and asleep.

i rarely if ever place any of them.

my report showed otherwise.

i spent an actual ACTUAL 1 (one) hour per month physically out in the door knocking service.

books were ordered for personal shelf space only.

i didn't place many.

i never made r.v's.

see a pattern there?

i left most of my jw books and mags behind when i left.

i wish i hadn't as a researcher here could have used them!

but i do have the 2001 cd and will have the 2003 when i can get it.

takes up much less space

• boa
    boa

xjw - believe it or not, recycling is actively done at bethel (at least canada bethel) and in the garbage rooms on each floor (always alotta booze bottles in there - LOL) , are very clearly marked recycling bins where you can 'place' all your literature at the end of the month and proceed to fill out yer time slip. And there was lotsa literature in there cuz there ain't no room or place for leaving a bunch of ol' mags rags around at bethel.

I agree that the amount of wasted literature and fuel and time used is pretty rotten.

boa knows...

• Satanus
    Satanus

I was always honest, except on one project when i was a kid, and toward the end. A kind old elder would put in some hours for me, and tell me about it afterwards. I never did make up those hours. I couldn't drag my ass out there anymore. Then i got franz' book, and i didn't care anymore.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit