To Dubs and Newly Ex-Dubs

by Farkel 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Poztate
    Poztate
    .this tread does not deserve to be MINIMUSED as worthless and/or too difficult to calculate.

Every year I get to take out the leftover trash from my wife's efforts at saving people by placing these mags rags.

In our house at least 5 mags get chucked where they belong for every one that gets placed.I once made the cheeky suggestion that once a year all "the gang" should root out all the dusty back issues and just chuck them in peoples screen doors.This way I told her the placements for the cong would go way up and the visiting CO and DO would be very impressed.For some reason she was not very impressed with my idea.

• gumby
    gumby
    I'm going to parody your ass in a new thread

Does this mean I finally get to see Minimus's ass?

Gumby

• Englishman
    Englishman

Good morning!

C'mon you guys, you're all valuable posters here. This is a good topic to discuss, let's keep it friendly.

Englishman.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

People lie?

People fake their reports?

I'm aghast!!!! lol

I didn't dare do either - Jehovah was always watching.

And besides my husband knew exactly what we took home and what got placed and how many hours I was out.

Sorry Farkel I don't fit the recently out or still in group

As for all those older mags - we would place one in every door where someone wasn't home

• bem
    bem

please can't we all get along... sorry I am real new. couldn't resist. am i bad?

To answer the ? I have been irregular to meetings for a few years But even before. when I was missing more meetings than going to the

sec. would call for my time. He encouraged me to use time studied with child, which meant reading book of bible stories that young'un had memorised anyway & he would ask for a guess on my husbands time then told me if Iwas wrong to tell my husband so he could just make up the time next month.But when I was real serious in the begining I was "truthful" But we lived in a rural area and I would make a phone call as a return visit. So I could start my time.The sister that studied with me. She was born into & Raised in the truth.Told me I could do that to "help me get my time".

I appreciate a discussion that requires thought.

• boa
    boa

was a good dubbie in 'fear' of Jehovah, so I never faked hrs or placements and was a bit surprised when a friend said he put in 2 hrs on the report 'just to keep the elders off his back'.

I did use several of the 'tricks of the trade' when pioneering to make the hrs stretch though - which is of course a dishonesty in its own right.

I've also left older mags at NH doors - we had a good ol' time with this and called it 'sloughing' although I prefer to spell it 'sluffing' lol

An interesting twist to this Farkel is that i've been 'inactive' (certainly not in the bedroom snick snick) from the org for a coupla years but only 'left it all' in the last coupla months, and in that inactive time, I 'witnessed' a few times, probly several hrs worth and NEVER REPORTED THE TIME. LOL!

we always had a shiteload of extra mags and even now the damn things get underfoot - i'll be going to the po to get the order cancelled very soon. Funny though, when you needed the sunday mags, they were never to be found?

had enough - you said

this tread does not deserve to be minimized as worthless and/or too difficult to calculate.

LOL - damn - poztate beat me to the obvious pun

boa

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Farkmeister,

Considering that the dubs preaching activity in all its forms, and especially the door-to-doorTM witnessing, is so foreign to ordinary human nature, it should not be surprising to discover that that most recognisable trait of being a dub i.e. untruths and deception, should come to the fore when it is necessary to reveal to 'the higher authorities' just how successful a dub has been with his efforts to extoll a fantasy and futuristic lifestyle.

As has been stated, it was hard enough to give the mags away, let alone try to 'place' (read sell) to a gullible unbeliever (not that the dubs ever thought they deserved them anyway). I was forever cutting back on my magazine order, and still found myself throwing more away than I ever placed. What a tragic waste of a vital resource i.e paper.

And as for 'fudging' the time card - well a tried and proven method that was inculcated (don't you just love that word?) in me, was to place a mag with a back call before meeting with the group for field service and to count your time from that moment until you finished for the day. Of course this meant if you had a lot of rural territory to cover that you placed another mag when you returned near your home. Hell, someone had to cover your travelling time.

cheeses. Realising that mini must have wet the bed last night.

• minimus
    minimus

After reading this thread, I now know that numbers were fudged. Thanks for the enlightenment!

• Hapgood
    Hapgood

I had this fear of Jehovah, so I never fudged my hours or placements. Therefore I was low in both hours and placement and viewed as "spiritually weak". I would get rid of the "rags" by working rural territory and placing them in cottages that were just used on weekends or occasionally (I wouldn't do that territory on weekends, might actually find people there :-) I would get rid of the rest of the "litterature" at Laundromats and not-at-homes. Very rarely could I place "litterature" with a person even for free, I wasn't a very good salesperson, that's why I sucked at field service. If I did place something I very rarely got any money for it. That was hard on our family at the time, we were having a difficult time financially and yet we were expected to pay for and try to sell the WTS crap, which is next to impossible.

Hapgood

• Amazing1914
    Amazing1914

Well, Farkel ... good thread, particularly because it addresses something we all lived with for many years ... the ever increasing pile of magazines stacking up in boxes in the garage ...

For a couple of years in the early 1970s it was easy to place 10 to 20 magazines every Saturday ... it was just before 1975, and the articles were very pointed about the last days ... and we were excited to talk about it ... but, then by 1975, as the end drew so close ... the public became more cold toward us ... you know the prophecy about love growing cold ... and here is how it broke down for us:

Order 25 Watchtowers per issue:

6 for the family study (me, wife & 4 kids)

2 extra to help out those who forgot theirs for the WT study

5 for return visits

2 for Bible Studies ( I introduced subscriptions later when I was sure they were progressing)

10 for Saturday morning

Here is how is actually turned out:

4 family copies were routinely lost until they were found in the box in the garage

2 extras rarely made it to the hall to help anyone

3 never made it to return visit because they moved or told me to buzz off

2 for Bible studies weren't needed because the CO pushed subs, ruining my placement plan

4 were loaned out on Saturday to a Dub who forgot theirs and given back to me later that day

4 never placed because people were not interested

5 ended up in the garage with the other magazines that never made it to the public

TOTAL 24 magazines not really placed

1 magazine placed because I am sure I placed one, and I could only account for 24 of 25 magazines.

However ... about every six months ... I was lined up behind two dozen other Dubs to get to the laundromats, doctors offices, and half-way houses, etc. to drop off a couple of boxes of magazines.

AFTER ALL THAT ... what really!!!!! gt to me is that Reg. Pioneers were always begging for extra magazines ... particularly the issues I just dropped off at the half-way houses ... and

When I was Cong Secretary, compiling all that time and magazines and books placed ... the Pioneers did not place all that many magazines compared to what they ordered ... I can only imagine they were secretly selling the magazines for their paper value to be recycled ... this helped pay for their coffee.

Amazing

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit