To Dubs and Newly Ex-Dubs

by Farkel 45 Replies latest jw friends

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day Mini,

You could start a thread with the question "Does Farkel ask serious questions?"

No, don't!!!! Let's just see what develops.

Personally, I think Farks makes a good point and this could develop into something interesting.

Cheers, Ozzie

• Englishman
    Englishman

Farkel actually makes a very good point.

I do recall how essential it was to be a "Regular publisher" as opposed to an irregular one. That meant you had to report at least 1 hours preaching every month. Miss just 1 month and it would take you 6 months to get your regular status back again.

I used to get my 1 hour in by shoving an old WT through someones door on the way home from work. I'd wack out a few leaflets as I walked home and claim my hour.

Englishman.

• Had Enough
    Had Enough

Hello Farkel:

Interesting thread Farkel and I appreciate your reasoning on asking this question.

First of all I have to say...this tread does not deserve to be minimized as worthless and/or too difficult to calculate. At least you, in the majority of your threads start with a contribution of research and information rather than just start a multitude of threads with questions thrown out for everyone else to answer. I appreciate all the time and effort you put in to providing informative threads.

Next to answer your question.....I'm glad to hear how many admit to fudging their numbers because it proves to me that those "impressive" numbers provided each year by the WTS, were seriously lacking in any substance, thereby disproving that God's blessing was causing the "growth" in numbers.

I had my times of being enthusiastic and gung-ho in the "truth" but admit that service was always difficult for me to really enjoy. For most of my life, I didn't really think I was fudging my numbers (because I didn't want to lie about them) but admit now that the number of hours lacked quality in their quantity. For example, like Englishman, I many times got my few hours a month by walking to a return visit nearby to "start my time" and then purposely have territory that required me to walk clear across town to make one or two attempts at finding someone home, and then ending up my 2 hours with another "surething" call.

When I did have a vehicle, I would do the same thing and so did many in our group it seems. Many a time, we spent the whole morning just leaving magazines at a call and never speaking to another person other than the ones we started our time with and ended our time with. Everyone was of the same mind, that we could start counting our time by even just saying "here are your next magazines" and ending our time the same way and it didn't matter if nothing else was said to a householder all morning....that constituted our 2 hours.

Doing this 2 or 3 times a month, as well as studying with the kids, easily got me 8-10 hours and 8-10 magazines each month, enough to keep the elders from hounding me.

I remember a pioneer who would joke about getting his time in by stopping in on his nephew who was not yet baptized and saying the word "kingdom" and then just stay for a nice visit for an hour or two before finishing for the day. He did this alot so needless to say, the majority of his time was well "padded" as well. I'm realizing now just how extensive this kind of thing was and probably still is.

Hope this helps with your figures.

Had Enough

• wasasister
    wasasister

First of all to Hadenough:

First of all I have to say...this tread does not deserve to be minimized as worthless and/or too difficult to calculate. At least you, in the majority of your threads start with a contribution of research and information rather than just start a multitude of threads with questions thrown out for everyone else to answer. I appreciate all the time and effort you put in to providing informative threads.

Ya-huh....Second that.

Next: I often faked hours, but for some reason would not fake placements. Not sure why I made that disctinction. I was pretty good at literature placement - maybe it is the salesman in me - when I actually talked to a person, I usually left at least a magazine.

But the truth is, I took way more pieces of crap literature from the Kingdom Hall than I actually left with the public. The rest was "stored" in a rotting cardboard box in the garage, or surrepticiously tossed in a plain brown wrapper in the recycle bin.

I would speculate a majority of the material printed by the Corporation is NOT distributed to the public, but instead is either deteriorating in some Witnesses' storage or making up landfill.

Good question and bite me Minimus,

Wasa

• patio34
    patio34
    And what will this survey prove? Nothing. This "survey" is a waste of time folks. ---Minimus

Well, I really really disagree. Glad you brought it up Farkel. I used to think about this when I was a dub. They would print that the circulation was so many million (12?) or was it 12 million printed. Just doing the math showed that figure up as false: If every dub took, say, 4 magazines for placements on average, that would be 4 x 5 million dubs giving a "circulation" of 20 million. Then, when you add up all the ones that got thrown away--I'd guess at least half or more on average, the "circulation" figure was very misleading. Pat

• minimus
  • Farkel
    Farkel

minimus, You said in your usual eloquent brilliance: Succinct, but a non sequitor. It says nothing. It implies lots of things. You think in Watchtower Think and when cornered, you express Watchtower Think. You've either baited me, or you look the fool. Which ever position you take (and I'm prepared to deal with ANY position you take), I will demolish your excuses. You were out-of-line to disrupt my thread and you (so far) are too arrogant or too timid to admit it. That is a FACT.

Which is it?

Farkel

• gumby
    gumby
    You've either baited me, or you look the fool

My guess is it's a payback.

Gumby

• myself
    myself

I fudged the time a bit thinking maybe I would make it up the next month and that would be ok. I didn't fudge on the literature though. Tossing them out the car window onto the lawns does count right?

• minimus
    minimus

Gumby's right. "Payback". Consider yourself baited, AGAIN......for emphasis..............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit