Harmful or Dangerous?

by Sunspot 60 Replies latest jw friends

• ignored_one
    ignored_one

Sunspot,

When I got back, the next meeting, the Elder who lives up the road says to me...we missed you at the assembly.....and I told him about how this was my first time seeing all my family in 20 years........and HIS reply was....WE'RE your FAMILY, and you belonged here with us!!!!!!!

Eugh. That sounds so creepy. Had he been reading "Cult Cliches - How to Use Them Properly" or something.

The majority of the 'family' I had at the last hall I attended were of the 'ignore you and pretend you don't exist' type. Not the kinda 'family' I'm particularly drawn to.

-

Ignored One.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

People can have one drink, or a few - same with cigarettes - and they don't have to make their children drink and smoke either - it's harmful and illegal.

Jwism requires the addiction level, and includes children also - And, it is actually a mandated requirement that you hurt other people, selling it from door to door as you're able. What a stink. It's harmful to families and a decent society - dangerous to idiots and those that are misfortunate enough encounter them.

1. We speak for God
    2. Your friends and family will not like you being "holy", like us
    3. "Hey, my family don't like me becoming jw !!"
    4. See, we told you so, they are the devil, we are from God - abandon your family, don't speak to them, they are the ones who want to harm you, and we are your true loving family now, as long as you do as we say.
    5. N = 1
    6. N = 1 + 1
    7. If N > 1 then goto 1.
  • shotgun
    shotgun

Sunspot

Good topic and interesting posts on it..

Don't get too upset by Amac or XQ..here is why

Amac adds a different perspective to almost all the threads he posts on, he usally takes alot of heat for his comments but what he says almost always makes practical sense. That doesn't mean that because it makes sense it's easy to accept or we need to agree with him it just means although he does not love the WT he will defend them just like he would defend Catholics or Muslims if he thought the reasoning warrented it.

XQ has me a little confused because in his short time here I have gone from thinking he was totally pro Wt to just the opposite. He has stated in some of his posts that he lacks compassion sometimes and it's evident in some of his posts. It may not be a bad idea for XQ to read Releasing the Bonds by Steven Hassan to enhance his compassion factor when talking or posting thoughts to individuals who are damaged goods like most of us.

Shotgun

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**The majority of the 'family' I had at the last hall I attended were of the 'ignore you and pretend you don't exist' type. Not the kinda 'family' I'm particularly drawn to.

Yeah, Ignored One, I felt pretty much the same way, too. The Elder that made that crack had the bookstudy at his home...and of the possible 25 people that were there, all but 7-8 were related to him. The elderly grandmother (now deceased) had bought a huge plot of land back in the late 60's, and one by one as the time came, the children grew up, married, and built homes on this property.

So HE never "felt" the "loss of family" on a personal level and could never understand why *I* was so tickled to have gone to that Reunion with MY family...

Thanks for your comment,

hugs,

Annie

(And *I* won't ignore ya!)

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**it is actually a mandated requirement that you hurt other people, selling it from door to door as you're able.

The thing about all this "insensitivity", is that the JWs aren't often aware that theyre BEING that way! It's been "ingrained" by the WTS......to make sure that the Dub loyalty is first and foremost on their agenda.

Thanks for posting...

hugs,

Annie

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Good topic and interesting posts on it..

Thanks Shotgun...this is much appreciated!

**Don't get too upset by Amac or XQ..here is why

Well, I DID try to remain civilized when I replied to the residents apologists...do I get a few points for THAT? LOL!

They have their viewpoints, granted....and I have mine. I'm old, Irish, and got handed a helluva bill of goods by a {cough} "religion" that I put my total trust in. I have a right to be angry and upset.

I know I'm preaching to the Choir, in saying what *I*'m experiencing..........in view of what the same "book company" is doing to YOU and YOUR family.... and for that I'm very sorry. I wish I could learn how to take a page out of YOUR book, and deal with these "issues" in a less explosive manner.....

You were SO cool and collected under pressure, and I admire that quality---a LOT! I have a couple of "things" that greatly piss me off and deeply affect me, and I feel compelled to address them. Guess you'll all have to "continue putting up" with me until (whenever?) I calm down. LOL!

Hugs to ya, SG!

Annie

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista
    People can have one drink, or a few - same with cigarettes - and they don't have to make their children drink and smoke either - it's harmful and illegal.

Jwism requires the addiction level, and includes children also - And, it is actually a mandated requirement that you hurt other people, selling it from door to door as you're able. What a stink. It's harmful to families and a decent society - dangerous to idiots and those that are misfortunate enough encounter them.

Well spoken. It is not also dangerous to idiots though--or to rephrase "people who are easily decieved". Some very intellegent people are maniputated by this cult. The brainwashing tecniques used are very effective--this is what is so disturbing to me.

• 4JWY
    4JWY

Hi plmkrzy:

The org taught me to fear my emotions, but I don't. I have witnessed that when you cover them over and hide from them, you have a chance of going plmkrzy.

Best regards,

4JWY

• amac
    amac

Sunspot -

For starters, I am NOT a JW apologist, I try to be a COMMON SENSE Apologist. It's been said many times that the best way to learn is to entertain thoughts that you do not agree with.

If you don't want to "waste your time" in replying to my points, that's fine. But to continue with condescending remarks of lumping me into an unfavorable group simply shows me that you do not have any reasoning for you ideas besides your emotional bitterness. Rather than discussing my knee-jerk JW apologist reactions with others, reply to the points in my last thread and we can have a civilised discussion. If you are on this board to simply rant and rave, perhaps we should divide it into one half a discussion board and the other half a rant and rave board.

Shotgun -

Thanks so much for the kind words and description. Does this make you an amac apologist?

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Some very intellegent people are maniputated by this cult. The brainwashing tecniques used are very effective--this is what is so disturbing to me.

Cyber-sista.....it disturbs ME as well. A LOT!

I remember when I first began to "study" and I was at my best friend's house, "sharing what I was learning" from the "Truth Book".......and she just sat there quietly after listening to me go on and on...........

And she said, "you're an intelligent person...HOW can you BELIEVE this stuff?

And so it goes........(sigh)

hugs,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit