Revoke Your JW Baptism Vows on this thread!

by Sirona 34 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I understand, Sirona. Some may want to do it. It's just that I have made it my aim not to let the WTS have authority over me. Humans all, imperfect by their own admission. I don't have to go through them to get to Christ or God.

Blondie

• English Patient
    English Patient

Nothing to revoke, fortunately I never decided to take the dip, although I gave over 70 talks and was a Witness (raised) for 20 years.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**I think a more "humbling" approach for them is to do it on YOUR terms; which is basically ignore them; their pompous elder hierchy; convoluted rules, requirements; hypocrisy, etc.

Turn your back on them and ignore them. And then go out and lead and live a happy productive life. It can be done.**

Franklin,

You're absolutely right......but this small gesture (KNOWING that the WTS watches this forum) is just one more step for ME-----to let THEM know how *I* feel about who they are and what they've DONE!

This "notice" is right up there with burning my "no-blood" card on my first "New Year's Eve" after my DA letter went out. My husband thought I was nuts, but *I* felt liberated somehow. ONE step a a time. Three decades of WTS mindset is hard to shake off sometimes....

hugs,

Annie

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I cyber-sista of good conscience and sound mind have for several years mistakenly been in servitude to the WTBTS. I was baptised before 1985, thus it was never in my contact to be in servitude to the WTBTS organization, but only to God and Christ. Thus my contract has been null and void since the membership requirements were changed in 1985. I was unaware of this for several years following because of my delusional mental state caused by the powerful brainwashing tecniques used on me during my duration of years I spent in the Org. I am presently seeking professional counceling along with seeking solace here on this site in cyberspace in hopes of regaining myself.

• alamb
    alamb

I was baptized based on "faulty intelligence."

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I, Czarofmischief, being a District Overbeer in damn fine standing, hereby announce that I will forever serve my god, currently identifying himself as Jehovaq - and now not only sever my connection with the foul heretics of the Watchtower - I excommunicate, disfellowship, and disassociate THEM and pronounce them anathema! I call down evil upon them for their selfishness, greed, and all consuming hubris which has led to countless acts of spiritual vandalism, spiritual rape, and spiritual tyranny. I proclaim a non-physical jihad against them and all their holdings, and call upon all true believers in Jehovaq to rise up and seize the mastery over their own faiths!

Not only do I revoke my own baptism, I hereby proclaim that all baptisms ever done by them have NO SPIRITUAL VALUE and are a contamination! I proclaim their works empty and devoid of merit before my God!

I proclaim that unless ye have been baptized by spirit and truth, a baptism of mere water means nothing!

CZAR - of the inspired by the Orthodox bishops who excommunicated the pope 1700 years ago and also Martin Luther. If you are going to get medieval, get MEDIEVAL!!!! Klass...

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

what's all this about before 1985? what was the difference?

• XQsThaiPoes
    XQsThaiPoes

On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?

Do

you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah?s Witnesses in association with God?s spirit-directed organization?

You guys don't have to de-baptise you self. Jehovah's Witnesses does not exist, and God?s spirit-directed organization is unnamed. For all you know it could be the catholic church. Notice it does not say "one of Jehovah?s Witnesses God?s spirit-directed organization." The goes more to my theory what the Watchtower is inert. Nothing they say points directly to them nor specifies them. WHich one of these corps are "Jehovah's Witnesses" BTW. Considering they didn't exist until 2000. Looks like the watchtower let you go. You were baptised to an idea anyway not a group.

Watch Tower Bible and Tract Society of Pennsylvania (Incorporated 1884)

President Don A. Adams
    Vice Presidents Robert W. Wallen, William F. Malenfant
    Secretary/Treasurer Richard E. Abrahamson
    Directors Danny L. Bland, Philip D. Wilcox, John N. Wischuk

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New York, Inc. (Incorporated 1909)

President Max H. Larson
    Vice Presidents George M. Couch, Lonnie R. Schilling
    Secretary/Treasurer Gerald F. Simonis
    Directors Gerald D. Grizzle, David G. Sinclair, Robert M. Pevy

Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses (Incorporated 2000)

President William L. Van De Wall
    Vice Presidents Charles I. Woody, Leon Weaver, Jr.
    Secretary/Treasurer William H. Nonkes
    Directors Harold K. Jackson, Merton V. Campbell, Stanley F. Weigel

Religious Order of Jehovah's Witnesses (Incorporated 2000)

President Patrick J. LaFranca
    Vice Presidents Peter D. Molchan, Ralph E. Walls
    Secretary/Treasurer Joseph D. Mercante
    Directors Marvin G. Smalley, Kenneth J. Pulcifer, Eugene D. Rosam, Jr.

Kingdom Support Services, Inc. (Incorporated 2000)

President Harold L. Corkern
    Vice Presidents Alan D. Janzen, Robert L. Butler
    Secretary/Treasurer Alexander W. Reinmueller
    Directors James F. Mantz, Jr., Thomas Kalimeris, Alan G. Browning

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of New Jersey, Inc. (Incorporated 1955)

President Charles V. Molohan
    Vice Presidents James L. Bauer, J. Richard Brown
    Secretary/Treasurer Alan K. Flowers
    Directors Allen E. Shuster, David L. Walker, Vernon C. Wisegarver

Watchtower Bible and Tract Society of Florida, Inc. (Incorporated 1986)

President Leonard R. Pearson
    Vice Presidents Alejandro G. Rodriguez, Maurice C. Turcot
    Secretary/Treasurer Mark L. Questell
    Directors Jim Moody, Sr., Anselm J. Packnett, Donald R. Krebs

Valley Farms Corporation (Incorporated 1987)

President Charles J. Rice
    Vice Presidents Kent E. Fischer, Robert L. Rains
    Secretary/Treasurer Albert L. Harrell
    Directors John R. Strandberg, Samuel D. Buck, Louis A. Travis

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

nevermind my question, I looked it up and found what they were talking about... very sneaky.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

I plan on doing it on a more formal level.

In May 2005 (next year), I will be celebrating the 25th anniversary of my being disfellowshipped. Much as married couples renew their vows in a church ceremony on their 25th anniversary, I plan to call together a judicial committee on my anniversary to renew the fact that after 25 years I am still "unrepentant"!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit