All About The Trinity

by UnDisfellowshipped 287 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Herk,

So do you find fault with that illustration? If so, than explain to me Ezekiel.

• herk
    herk

Kenneson,

Somehow you and I are on different wavelengths. I'm not the one who brought up the issue of the three faces idea. UnDisfellowshipped said the WTS misrepresents the Trinity by suggesting God has three faces. I've simply provided the evidence that Trinitarians themselves paint God with three faces.

herk

• herk
    herk

UnDisfellowshipped,

Trinitarian Interpretation of John 1:1: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God [The Father], and the Word was God [The Son]."

How conventient! Trinitarians have two definitions of God: (1) "God is a Trinity of Three Persons," and (2) "God means only the Father" or "God means only the Son." It's a bit arbitrary, don't you think, that you completely eliminated "God the Holy Spirit" from John 1:1?

herk

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Herk,

Illustrations on page one: "Diagrams like this explain the Trinity very well." So do the three faces represent 3 persons or a 3-headed God?

• herk
    herk

Kenneson,

So do the three faces represent 3 persons or a 3-headed God?

If I understand you correctly, you can take your choice.

herk

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Herk,

But since you provided us with the diagrams, I would much prefer your explanation.

• XQsThaiPoes
  • XQsThaiPoes
  • XQsThaiPoes
  • herk
    herk

Kenneson,

If I had any idea what you're driving at, I'd try to answer your question.

These are your posts relating to "the diagrams":

That illustrations shows 3 faces. You say it represents a 3-headed God or is it symbolical of three persons? What do you do about descriptions in Ezekiel 1:6, 10, 11, 15 where the living creatures are seen with 4 faces and the cherubs with two? Ezekiel 41:18. Apparently face in the Bible doesn't always mean "one" either.
    So do you find fault with that illustration? If so, than explain to me Ezekiel.
    Illustrations on page one: "Diagrams like this explain the Trinity very well." So do the three faces represent 3 persons or a 3-headed God?
    But since you provided us with the diagrams, I would much prefer your explanation.

What "explanation" are you looking for? I think Ezekiel 1 and 41 are easy enough to visualize without anyone having to explain what Ezekiel saw. You asked, "So do the three faces represent 3 persons or a 3-headed God?" I gave my answer, and it doesn't seem to satisfy you.

You seem to be searching for something, and I have no idea what it is, as related to this thread. Unless you can clarify what you mean, I think the explanation you're looking for has to be found elsewhere.

herk

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit