got my forty homey?

Trimity?

HUH?

HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Undis,

I have to disagree as well.

If it was not required to know WHO the True Jesus Christ is, then why did Jesus ask that question?

You are implying onus is upon man. (IMHO the other "thief" knew who was hanging next to him)

The question should be asked ' what gives one faith in Jesus? A spiritually dead man has no faith.

On one hand your argument is that even the demons "know" Jesus. And then state one must know the "real" Jesus.

In order to be Born Again, a person must have "saving faith" -- put all of his trust, confidence, hope, faith, and belief in Jesus as his ONLY WAY to Salvation

Thats not what Jesus says to Nicodemus;

"Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to Spirit." Jn. 3:6

What part of the above statement indicates "a person must have "saving faith" --as his ONLY WAY to Salvation

By that reasoning your flesh is giving birth to your Spirit.

"Are you so foolish? After beginning with the Spirit, you are now trying to attain your goal by human effort, Gal 3:3

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

This a long thread Did anyone answer the question, who raised Jesus from the dead?

LT I have to agree. It's not what you know about Jesus, but what you deny!

D Dog

• ellderwho
    ellderwho

Good morning Dog,

"Should you believe in the Trinity"???

E

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Deputy Dog,

All three persons are said to be involved. The Father: Romans 4:24. The Son: John 2:19-22 and the Holy Spirit: Rom. 8:11

• gumby
    gumby
    who raised Jesus from the dead?

If you read the Sodom and Gommorah account, it says, "And the Lord made it rain down fire and sulpher, from the Lord". The Lord was on the earth as a man when that happened.....yet he called on the Lord in heaven for the event to happen. If you can make sense of that.....you can believe the trinity I suppose.

Gumby

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

UnDF'ed:
    I'm just trying to keep it simple, as was requested for Link's friend.
    I can give you a run for your money, theologically, if you wish. However I suspect that would completely miss the point of what was requested (and we'd agree on far more than we differ).

What is required is a relationship. That kind of takes an assumption about who the focus of that relationship is.
    The example I gave was:

The thief simply put faith in Jesus as one who could ensure his afterlife.

Further, as Ellderwho states, it is by faith (a fruit of the Spirit) that we are enabled to do this.
    Great - there's some more theology.
    However in the jargonless experience of the individual, how does this manifest itself?

• herk
  • LittleToe
    LittleToe

Do you have a life, beyond Christian baiting, Herk?

I'm awarding you the following, for meritorious achievement...

Wooden Spoon

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Gumby,

If the Lord (Jehovah) is on the earth (Gen. 18:1-3, 22) and he is calling upon the Lord (Jehovah) in heaven (Gen. 19:24) are there two Jehovahs (two Fathers)? And who are those three men in Gen. 18 ( the Trinity?) and the two angels (Father and Son?)in Gen. 19?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit